Survivor 34: Game Changers

Some Final Thoughts on a pretty damn good season:

* I'm totally fine with Sarah winning but I would have preferred if Brad had won. Winning the last 3 immunity challenges to single-handedly control your own destiny needs to be rewarded.
* It's become apparent that immunity challenges don't score one any victory points at tribal. Immunity victories are only good for getting you to the next round. Beyond that, essentially worthless. Maybe some bragging points with your friends but that's about it.
* I think Sarah did pretty well in the final tribal, Brad didn't do badly either. The one part that kind of annoyed me was when Sarah started to complain about Brad being a professional athlete. As Brad tried to point out before he was rudely cut off by Mikayla, Brad is 47 and each of these challenges involves some sort of puzzle component. I'm pretty sure that Brad is not a professional puzzle solver, unless you're talking about reading a defensive football scheme.

* I'm totally fine with Sarah winning but I would have preferred if Brad had won. Winning the last 3 immunity challenges to single-handedly control your own destiny needs to be rewarded.
* It's become apparent that immunity challenges don't score one any victory points at tribal. Immunity victories are only good for getting you to the next round. Beyond that, essentially worthless. Maybe some bragging points with your friends but that's about it.
* I think Sarah did pretty well in the final tribal, Brad didn't do badly either. The one part that kind of annoyed me was when Sarah started to complain about Brad being a professional athlete. As Brad tried to point out before he was rudely cut off by Mikayla, Brad is 47 and each of these challenges involves some sort of puzzle component. I'm pretty sure that Brad is not a professional puzzle solver, unless you're talking about reading a defensive football scheme.
I agree. I was also glad that Ozzie spoke up for Brad. Winning those challenges seems to count for nothing with the other contestants. Maybe they are jealous. It did seem like many of the stronger players who might value strong play got voted out too early to be on the jury. I don't understand how most of the jury would value someone like Sarah who lied and backstabbed her way to the end. I guess backstabbers value other backstabbers over a strong physical player. Too often Survivor comes up with this ending.

Mikayla really irritated me tonight. She was beyond rude to Brad. The funny thing is I liked her at the start of her first season but disliked her the more she played. I think she has one of the most miserable personalites of any player. She needs to get over herself. I hope we have seen the last of her.

Agree, and I wish Brad would have called out the ones who bashed him when they talked about Survivors being a social game. Survivor is 3 components. And nobody dominated all 3.

Brad was rudely trying to interject while Sarah was speaking. I was glad Mikayla shut him up.

Third vote for Brad was likely his girl Sierra.

Happy with the winner though personally I don't like Sarah. Don't like Brad either with his intense bully ways and machismo but he was deserving of making F3. Troyzan big fat goat. Was hysterical he said he could beat everyone left. Heartbreaking what happened to Cirie but made for good TV and she made the Survivor record books. Sad they cut Aubry loose. Honestly Brad was dumb to keep Sarah over Aubry and Tai. Tai sucks at Survivor. Why did he use his idol to save Aubry but then he was gunning for her the next day? He was so flip floppy and emotional. And the whole group was dumb to keep Brad for so long. Of course he'd win all those ICs.

And for all Brad,s talk about being a lawyer I think Sarah WAY out talked him at that final tribal.

So happy Brad didn't win, he didn't need the money being a professional athlete and a lawyer. Thought he was dumb to send Tai to the jury instead of keeping him for the final 3, as it was shown on the Reunion Show that Brad would have won had they kept Tai. But glad Sara won, out of the 3 that were at the end. She wasn't my favorite player, but my favorite of the 3. Poor Cirie to be "voted out" simply because everyone else was safe. Not sure I like the theme for the next season, Heroes, Healers and Hustlers. Kind of like Beauty, Brains and Brawn a couple seasons ago. But I'll watch. Haven't missed an episode, ever. So why stop now? :)

I think Sarah overall played the best game, but sad to see that had Brad taken Tai to the end it would have been a 5-5 tie. Seriously? Does anyone think Tai played anywhere near as well as Brad?

After Cirie was voted out, I knew I wasn't going to care much for the winner whichever way it went. Of the final three, Sarah was probably the right choice. She played an excellent game especially considering her first season. She seems to have cracked the code. I think it was Brad's game to lose until he pulled a Colby Donaldson and decided he didn't need to bring a goat (or two) to the final.

Fantasy League Results
1) 403 krazy pete
2) 394 mary r
3) 375 laura m
4) 357 mandy
5) 332 jennifer ann
6) 329 c swanky
7) 291 matoskah
8) 264 nicole
9) 262 abeautybutafunnygirl

I owe it all to Brad's challenge run. :teeth:

Once Tai got sent to the jury I knew Brad has sealed his fate. Sarah was going to win if she made it to the final. Sure she didn't win a ton but girl manipulated everyone to do exactly what she wanted. She used her training and no how from being a cop to get people to see things exactly how she wanted them to even if it was completely fabricated. Every single week I would say get her out this week or you aren't going to win and it wouldn't' happen. I know we watch this in the comfort of our homes with our full bellies but whenever this happens in seasons with repeat players I'm just shocked that they don't see it. Brad and Troysan were so cocky at the end (unless Troysan was putting on an act) that they were blinded to the fact Sarah played the game better than anyone and the whole jury knew it.

-It's been 12 hours and I still can't figure out what Brad was trying to achieve with that outfit/mustache last night. I mean, he deserved to lose for that look ALONE.

-This is one of those seasons that will age well. I think if I went back and watched it again, I'd appreciate it much more. I think(and I mentioned this in an earlier post), it should never have been called "Game Changers". Other than a handful, these people hadn't "changed the game". And I think that giving it that title subconsciously affected how some of them tried to play the game(or come across on camera). Heck, several of them even mentioned it in their interviews. I thought it was a good cast for the most part, but I just felt that title was a bit off, and had a small effect on the game itself.

-My three Survivor "dream seasons": 1)A season featuring nothing but past champions. 2)A season featuring nothing but second-place finishers. 3)A season featuring nothing but contestants who were voted off first in their respective seasons.

-It's been 12 hours and I still can't figure out what Brad was trying to achieve with that outfit/mustache last night. I mean, he deserved to lose for that look ALONE.

-This is one of those seasons that will age well. I think if I went back and watched it again, I'd appreciate it much more. I think(and I mentioned this in an earlier post), it should never have been called "Game Changers". Other than a handful, these people hadn't "changed the game". And I think that giving it that title subconsciously affected how some of them tried to play the game(or come across on camera). Heck, several of them even mentioned it in their interviews. I thought it was a good cast for the most part, but I just felt that title was a bit off, and had a small effect on the game itself.

-My three Survivor "dream seasons": 1)A season featuring nothing but past champions. 2)A season featuring nothing but second-place finishers. 3)A season featuring nothing but contestants who were voted off first in their respective seasons.

I think a season of 1st one out would be interesting, especially if they made it really unpleasant out there.

Once Tai got sent to the jury I knew Brad has sealed his fate. Sarah was going to win if she made it to the final. Sure she didn't win a ton but girl manipulated everyone to do exactly what she wanted. She used her training and no how from being a cop to get people to see things exactly how she wanted them to even if it was completely fabricated. Every single week I would say get her out this week or you aren't going to win and it wouldn't' happen. I know we watch this in the comfort of our homes with our full bellies but whenever this happens in seasons with repeat players I'm just shocked that they don't see it. Brad and Troysan were so cocky at the end (unless Troysan was putting on an act) that they were blinded to the fact Sarah played the game better than anyone and the whole jury knew it.

There were plenty of full bellies on the island as well.

So happy Brad didn't win, he didn't need the money being a professional athlete and a lawyer. Thought he was dumb to send Tai to the jury instead of keeping him for the final 3, as it was shown on the Reunion Show that Brad would have won had they kept Tai. But glad Sara won, out of the 3 that were at the end. She wasn't my favorite player, but my favorite of the 3. Poor Cirie to be "voted out" simply because everyone else was safe. Not sure I like the theme for the next season, Heroes, Healers and Hustlers. Kind of like Beauty, Brains and Brawn a couple seasons ago. But I'll watch. Haven't missed an episode, ever. So why stop now? :)

If that's the criteria, then Survivor needs to only bring poor and middle class people on the show. Don't bring someone in the upper class and then penalize them for being in that group.

Love your first paragraph. I thought the same thing. He was cuter in his last days in the jungle. ;)

Question: If Cirie also would have had an idol, what would have been the process?

I believe it is set up to make sure that doesn't happen. There were only 3 idols out there and then the 1 legacy reward so it only allowed for 4 auto protections out there plus the immunity idol. I believe that is why the legacy reward could only be used at that spot and then idols stop when they do so no one can force a certain final 3.

Wow. That's the first Ponderosa video I've ever seen, and I've watched all but one season of the show.

Makes me want to go back and watch every single one of them.

If that's the criteria, then Survivor needs to only bring poor and middle class people on the show. Don't bring someone in the upper class and then penalize them for being in that group.

That and being an ex-pro athlete does not equate with riches. There are a lot of ex-pros who are dirty poor now. Of course Culepeper is worth like 3 million but he also became a personally injury lawyer after his time in the NFL so no way to know if the net worth is from that or the NFL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter