Survivor Winners at War Season 40

I haven't seen the EW interviews. Guess I'll need to do that.
There are two, one with everyone still left in the game and the other is with the voted out contestants. I get them on my twitter feed or else Id provide a direct link but once you find one the other should be linked.

It was actually hard to find on the site, which has a terrible search feature. I ended up finding it by clicking on Dalton Ross, who I know does the Survivor stuff.

It was actually hard to find on the site, which has a terrible search feature. I ended up finding it by clicking on Dalton Ross, who I know does the Survivor stuff.
I know, that's why I was sorry I couldnt just link it here. EW is horrid for searching.

To be honest I'm kind of over Jeff and his failed talk show host bit during the reunion, so this might give us something different.

I am thrilled that Tony won. I had feared the exiled would feel a bond with Natalie and throw lots of votes her way. Tony upset people when he voted them off, but since Natalie was voted out first, she never ran the chance of offending people in the same way, which was to her advantage. I am happy that Michelle received no votes.

So sad it is over!!!!I

I am happy for the winner!

I agree with the poster above, loved how positive the jury was.

Still confused as to why Ben encouraged Sarah to vote him out!!!!

So sad it is over!!!!I

I am happy for the winner!

I agree with the poster above, loved how positive the jury was.

Still confused as to why Ben encouraged Sarah to vote him out!!!!
Ben wanted to give Sarah a chance to say that she didn't always do what Tony told her to by voting for him. If she made it to the Final 3 then she could use that as part of her resume.

Best final tribal ever. SO nice to not hear whining and sour grapes and ANGER. Well played by everyone.
It was a very positive tribal but I think that Jeremy did have some sour grapes towards Tony and expressed them. It was only a short clip in the whole tribal. We really only see what they want us to see, being positive was nice for a change.

My favorite is still Boston Rob. I wish that he had been able to make his way back into the game. I loved at the vote when he said "You played a great game but it would have been perfect if you had took out Tony" or something to that effect.

I wanted Tony to win the whole time, until Nat came into the picture. And I think in the end, she deserved it, wow was she a powerhouse. But I do love Tony, he had me laughing the whole season. And how about his gorgeous house!! I do wish it went to a winner that actually needed the money, he looks like he's all set (on a cops salary he's doing pretty well, although we don't know what the wife does). Very happy for him.

Ben wanted to give Sarah a chance to say that she didn't always do what Tony told her to by voting for him. If she made it to the Final 3 then she could use that as part of her resume.

Oh, I get that. Just seemed crazy to me that he wanted to give up his chance to win 2 million so his friend could build her resume!!!!

That was a really good finale. More show and less Probst in the studio undoubtedly helped, as it gave us maybe an extra 25 minutes of show footage.

So lets go back to my finale rankings from before the episode.
So, my finale rankings, in order from most likely to least likely to win:
Tony
Sarah
Natalie

Michelle
Denise

Someone on the Jury
Russell Hantz
An Inanimate Carbon Rod

Ben
I think it was a pretty fair assessment, although given her run to F3 I'd probably rate Nat and Sarah as even. Truthfully, I was hoping Sarah would win the fire making, because that would've guaranteed the first female winner since... Sarah. A fairly easy win for Tony, but I thought that Natalie gave a good accounting of herself, all things considered.

I am thrilled that Tony won. I had feared the exiled would feel a bond with Natalie and throw lots of votes her way. Tony upset people when he voted them off, but since Natalie was voted out first, she never ran the chance of offending people in the same way, which was to her advantage. I am happy that Michelle received no votes.
I think that, against someone without Tony's resume, Nat probably would've taken this. I know Rob dinged her for not doing a fire duel with Tony a la Chris, but years of watching Survivor and Top Chef have shown me that giving up immunity is about the dumbest thing you can do. Chris got lucky, but Chris also had nothing on his resume beyond a Highlights of Qualifications that said "Lasted 38 days in Fiji". At least this EoE had some level of gameplay that Nat could point to. Suffice it to say, she earned that second place.

As for Michelle, I felt that getting no votes in this season was not a mark of disrespect, but one that gave more respect to how Tony and Natalie played. In a new player season without Tony and Natalie sitting beside her, I could see Michelle winning. It is super hard to play from underneath and not look like a goat, but Michelle accomplished that. She should be proud of that.

Ben... I'm going to give props to Ben. I think he realized that a win wasn't in the cards for him, so I really think he gave thought to what he wanted out of the show. And thus he fell on his sword so that Sarah could add to her CV. A selfless act, and my hats off to him... but a good Survivor player would never do that.

It was a very positive tribal but I think that Jeremy did have some sour grapes towards Tony and expressed them. It was only a short clip in the whole tribal. We really only see what they want us to see, being positive was nice for a change.
There were probably three locked in votes at Tribal. Sarah and Ben were voting Tony, and Jeremy was voting Natalie. Nothing Tony said was going to change Jeremy's vote, so a little venom for getting outsmarted was not unexpected for me.

My favorite is still Boston Rob. I wish that he had been able to make his way back into the game. I loved at the vote when he said "You played a great game but it would have been perfect if you had took out Tony" or something to that effect.
Which was a poor take, because what if Natalie had lost? She'd be the one that gave up immunity to make fire and got booted instead. She'd end up on a list with Erik for "dumbest moves while holding individual immunity". Guaranteed shot at 2 million? You take that shot and let someone else fight for it. I still think Chris was dumb for doing it on EoE, but I understand why.

I wanted Tony to win the whole time, until Nat came into the picture. And I think in the end, she deserved it, wow was she a powerhouse. But I do love Tony, he had me laughing the whole season. And how about his gorgeous house!! I do wish it went to a winner that actually needed the money, he looks like he's all set (on a cops salary he's doing pretty well, although we don't know what the wife does). Very happy for him.
I don’t know if any of them actually “need” it. They’ve all won a million dollars in the game before. His house may be where he spent some of his previous a Survivor winnings.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter