Suspicious package left at Planet Holywood

MM32830

DIS Veteran
This recently posted on OrlandoSentinel.com at

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orange/orl-downtown-disney-bomb-042808,0,1328195.story

OrlandoSentinel.com
Suspicious package found at Downtown Disney West Side
Susan Jacobson

Sentinel Staff Writer

6:22 PM EDT, April 28, 2008

The Orange County Sheriff's Office bomb squad is investigating a suspicious backpack at Planet Hollywood restaurant in Downtown Disney West Side, a sheriff's spokeswoman said.

A call came in to the Sheriff's Office at 4:05 p.m., and the restaurant was evacuated, Cpl. Susan Soto said. No further information was immediately available.

Check back for an update.

Copyright © 2008, Orlando Sentinel

perhaps it was a guest that really didn't want the left overs? or a table of four ordered take out from a restaurant next door?

The rest of the story:

Former Planet Hollywood employee arrested for Downtown Disney bomb threat
Susan Jacobson

Sentinel Staff Writer

10:20 PM EDT, April 28, 2008

A former Planet Hollywood employee was arrested Monday after he threw his backpack on the ground and told restaurant managers that it contained a bomb, the Orange County Sheriff's Office said.

Jason Sean Davis, 21, of St. Cloud came to the restaurant in Downtown Disney West Side about 4 p.m. asking to be rehired, deputies said. Managers refused, so he threw his backpack between the gift shop and a stairwell, the Sheriff's Office said. Investigators evacuated the restaurant, which a manager said had few patrons at that hour, even though Davis tried to take back his allegation.

The backpack was blown up and found to contain only Davis' belongings. He was arrested on a charge of making a bomb threat and was being held late Monday at the Orange County Jail.

Planet Hollywood reopened about 7 p.m.

Copyright © 2008, Orlando Sentinel

I don't know why he needed to make a bomb threat... the food causes explosive diarrhea, close enough to a bomb.

* perhaps a much needed poop joke?

I don't know why he needed to make a bomb threat... the food causes explosive diarrhea, close enough to a bomb.

* perhaps a much needed poop joke?
Who would have thought that a poop joke would bring tears to my eyes...and make me chuckle at the same time! :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter