SW went 1.0

aengus

<font color=blue>Official Head VMK Cheerleader!</f
Well SW went 1.0.

The site got a makeover that looks pretty awesome too.

Heres the most recent blog, read the full here
http://blog.smallworlds.com/2008/12/02/smallworlds-10-release-official-launch/

blog_bond.png

SmallWorlds Blog

SmallWorlds 1.0 Release - Official Launch

December 2nd, 2008 by Hilary Jackson Yes, its here! … after over 18 months of development we are finally peeling the “beta” sticker off our baby and bravely pushing it out into the world.
We are incredibly proud to announce to you the official release of SmallWorlds 1.0. It’s been an exciting road to here, and a highly anticipated wait for many out there in the SmallWorlds community (we include ourselves in that). We’re feeling very confident that that you’ll agree that it has all been well worth waiting for.
end-of-beta.png

Summary of Release 1.0 Features

We gave you a preview of some of what we’re including in this release in our last blog post which contains some more detailed information about many great new features and future plans. Here’s a short summary:
  • Ecommerce: the ability to purchase VIP Club subscriptions and Gold (our secondary in-world currency)
  • VIP Club - a monthly salary of gold and access to VIP-only options
    * A monthly salary of gold
    * Access to VIP-only avatar options (hair, accessories, facial options, clothing)
    * Access to the Dance Studio (no longer available to everyone)
    * Ability to take pet whereever you go. Non-VIP Club members pets will stay in their owner room(s)
    * Access to VIP-only objects and spaces
  • Performance improvements (site now runs much faster)
  • Improvements to visual appeal of site
  • Monthly Newsletters & optional subscription to weekly in-world news and events updates
  • Fantastic Missions designed and created by SmallWorlds HQ staff - new ones will be created and released on an ongoing basis
    polar-bear-thumb.png
  • A simplified sign-in and registration process (now with no requirement to validate your email address)
  • Oh - and something we forgot to mention in our Sneak Preview blog edition: We’ll be releasing monthly collectible items on the 1st of every month from 1 December ‘08 on! The first collectible item is a Polar Bear suit. Collectibles will be limited to one per registered user - available in the all new “new items” section at Mysterios.
Our Deepest Appreciation to Beta Users

thank-you-2.png
We expressed a little of our appreciation to all who have played SmallWorlds during its beta phase, but the depth of it has not been expressed fully enough for us.
Thank you for all the praise, encouragement, complaints, raising of issues, creative suggestions, help with testing… with your help we’ve been able to iron out more creases and add in more cool features than would have been possible without you. As a team we have felt really supported by you, and it has felt many times that SmallWorlds HQ ‘grew bigger’ to embrace this larger off-site team!
To say thanks we’d like to offer all who registered during the beta phase a 50% discount on the full price for a 12 month VIP plan, taking the price down to only $47.95 for 12 months - we’re also throwing in a Ray Gun!
betauserspecial.jpg

This is a limited time offer for the remainder of 2008. Just log in to SmallWorlds and click on the Beta Special button.
Beta users will also be gifted a foundation member item - a special beta cape - as a thank you gift. This will never be made available again and will become a rare item. Beta users also get a beta badge that appears on their profile panel, and of course you get to retain all of the items you have procured during the beta period.
We’re excited, confident and incredibly curious to see how it all evolves from here. One thing you can be sure of: we’ll be doing everything possible to make your experience playing in SmallWorlds as good as we can - providing you and your friends with what we believe to be the best browser-based social entertainment experience anywhere on the web. Thank you sincerely for your support.
Onwards to Release 1.1!

The place is pretty cool. I like how they've been listening to suggestions and consistently improving the gameplay. My only suggestion was that they make the VIP badge display optional or get rid of it. You don't need to see who's VIP and who isn't....of course, I am...signed up first day, LOL....now I just need to find time to play!

I wonder if the Beta capes are giftable...

I wish more VMKers would start playing again.. I need more people to talk to! :P

Ev

I have not signed up yet, but I do plan on it. I am addicted to space invaders and asteroids. I finally feel like building something with all my winnings!

Aengus - are you getting your winnings from tournaments or are the games paying out now? I found I could never win a tournament, neither 2nd nor 3rd place as I be bumped at the last minute. So I stopped doing the tournments a while ago.

I have found the tourneys to be completely reliable Ned. The global ones that is. I think there might be some issues with the private ones still. So I just stick to those daily global ones.

I dont mean to brag... but .... I AM STINKIN RICH :rotfl:

Is this the General SW thread? If so, i would just like to mention that I made a quest- AH, i mean Mission (me and my bad VMK habbits) (On this site im "QuantumLeap Zoid") called "Ghost Hunters!" and the room is called "Ghost Hunting Mission!!"

If anyone has the spare time, i would really appriciate it if they tried it. Its really easy and the people who have tried it so far have liked it (I say they lied..but...you never know)

Im on tonight right now, and am on most evenings.
-
Mouse

I bought the VIP today o_O

I couldnt stand to be without my eye patch :rotfl:

WOOT Aengus! Now if only you can find some feathers in SW! LOL!
I bought princess the VIP package too on day two of the release- she couldn't/wouldn't even go in without her original avatar INTACT! She loves to play her music, dance,sit in her hot tub, draw and watch you tube in her room. Now she just has to do some missions to get some money and level up.
You got any free Aengus for princess? LOL! :lmao: ( where's the pirate quest brigade when you need them? :laughing: )

WOOT Princess! Not looking forward to the levelling part again haha

but I have started focusing on my gamer points so i can wear my storm trooper again haha. Only 24 more levels to go @_@

:sad1: I still can't get in. Haven't been able to get past entering my email and password since the last update. I have a non-gaming computer, maybe 4 yrs old, but this game shouldn't require the same graphics as POTC. They haven't been able to recreate my problem in order to give me a solution, so if any of you have had this issue after the last upgrade (or for all I know it was a couple upgrades ago), and have figured out how to fix it, PLEASE PM me so I can come back! It's a lonely world here with no online friends and only solitaire to play! :sad1: Plus I spend too much time on amazon and buy.com, making any premium subsciption cheap in comparison. :rotfl:

I have an active account from original beta, or shortly after vmk closed. I played until there was nothing new, checking in once in awhile but most vmk/dis friends had gotten equally bored and moved on, but could not log in after one of their major upgrades that included the magic spells (turning someone into a donkey head, etc.). I wasn't alone at the time but was in the minority. I get emails every couple months saying they apologize for the delay in response but they haven't been able to recreate my problem in their studio in order to give me a workaround. <sigh> I really liked the game, too.

Car,

one of the updates forced us all to validate our emails. I can't tell if your saying you dont think you have to or you tried and it didnt work.

if you think you dont have to, yes you do LOL :)

if you tried and it didnt work, sorry to hear that :(

Hmm, I don't remember. I could look back on the forums to verify when this started, but I wouldn't expect you to remember which update required the validation. I'll look into that, but I'd think if that was all the problem was, one of my email replies from SW would have stated that's all that needed to be done.
Thanks, Aengus!

I'm actually on small worlds quite a bit. I tried the vmk channel a couple of times, but there's never anyone on. I'm going to buy the VIP package tonight before the special expires...I'm sno chic if anyone is ever one.

I'm actually on small worlds quite a bit. I tried the vmk channel a couple of times, but there's never anyone on. I'm going to buy the VIP package tonight before the special expires...I'm sno chic if anyone is ever one.

What's the special if I may ask? I can always look on the SW forum to find out I guess.
Not sure why I never tried before, but it does work on my husband's computer, slow as a turtle, but works. I have my computer configured in a way that I don't get a lot of link pages for ordering things off certain websites, etc. I wish I knew how to change it!!! Pop ups are not blocked, though I don't get them bc I've disabled other settings since the general pop-up blocker didn't do much.

Maybe if I hang out on dh's computer enough to play the game he'll get irritated enough to start looking for a cheap gaming comp for me. :rotfl:

Hiya Sno Chic, I will add you and look for ya. I am there often too. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter