SW went 1.0

It's been awhile since I played. Where is the VMK channel? Do you have to be a VIP member to access it?

The snow melted overnight. Holiday specific items were removed from the shops. The super snowball and personal fireworks show-rocket are in Mysterios.

I'm still around SW--I just don't always load the chat channels.

The January Collectible is in Mysterios.
I'll hold off on a photo. Don't want to spoil the surprise.

It's very cool. I got one myself. :) Beats the first one by a mile.

yes, I had to buy one myself! The artwork on it is wootastic!

Okay, I just logged onto SmallWorlds for the first time since they went live. I am totally convinced that it is no longer appropriate for minors.

Why? For one, there is huge increase in the number of players who seem to be consumed with nothing else but dating. Granted, this is something you're going to run across in many games, but there are absolutely no safeguards in SmallWorlds against underage players giving out personal information. (And I'm sorry, but just because a player is 13 doesn't mean they aren't susceptible to online predators.)

But the straw that broke the camel's back for me is the shock I got when I visited the "Bank" to see what that was all about. When I see official SmallWorlds options to "earn gold" by signing up with a "cellphone dating community", I know they no longer care about the safety of their young players.

This is so disappointing to me, as out of all the games I've looked at so far, SmallWorlds is the only one that offers players the ability to be truly creative.

On the up side, I was surprised to see that I could still use my level 30 angel wings. I'm almost scared to take them off; anyone know what happens when you do, or when you try to wear any other high-level items you obtained during beta?

You would lose them if you take them off.

I personally dont care for the bank either, but they have taken additional steps to handle the increase of players. They have autoboots in public spaces now for inappropriate words.

I personally dont care for the bank either, but they have taken additional steps to handle the increase of players. They have autoboots in public spaces now for inappropriate words.

They do seem to respond well to suggestions.

Same feelings about the bank.

Glad they added the autoboots in the public rooms. I know I asked why they didn't have it in public spaces, when we could have it in our rooms. It should cut down on some of the cursing.

Anyone know how to change the mission author title? I put up a mission last night while I was using another avatar on my carousel. It shows her name, not Happy Guest. Thanks

You mean they would not just become unwearable, but would actually disappear from my inventory? Wow, I never considered that possibility. (During beta it was possible to keep something in your inventory even if you couldn't wear it yet.)

The other high level items are still in my inventory at this point.

I think The Bank sorta cheapens the whole thing. I understand why they did it, but it is just very blatent and tacky. I've only visited it once to see what it was. They need to have more descriptive warnings about providing email addresses to some of these "offers". People are going to end up getting spammed like there's no tomorrow!
...Hmmm, but if i make a generic "use it and lose it" gmail account....j/k! (I have way to many of those already to keep track of!)

I've been having fun in SW trying to up my XP levels. Finally got Explorer to Level 30, the rest are still in the mid 20's.

You mean they would not just become unwearable, but would actually disappear from my inventory? Wow, I never considered that possibility. (During beta it was possible to keep something in your inventory even if you couldn't wear it yet.)

The other high level items are still in my inventory at this point.

Sorry no, poor choice of words. You would lose the ability to wear it. You would still own it in your inventory.

I think The Bank sorta cheapens the whole thing. I understand why they did it, but it is just very blatent and tacky. I've only visited it once to see what it was. They need to have more descriptive warnings about providing email addresses to some of these "offers". People are going to end up getting spammed like there's no tomorrow!
...Hmmm, but if i make a generic "use it and lose it" gmail account....j/k! (I have way to many of those already to keep track of!)

I've been having fun in SW trying to up my XP levels. Finally got Explorer to Level 30, the rest are still in the mid 20's.

agreed. The bank is downright sleezy LOL I see lots of VIP's now so maybe they will throw that out.

I am at 38 gamer, very close to 39 but I have put all my energy into gamer so I can get my storm trooper helmet back on :thumbsup2

It sounds to me like you have to give them your valid SmallWorlds email address in order for it to work.

This is bad enough for adults, but unconscionable when it comes to minors, who of course will be very tempted to earn gold for the latest VIP items. Pretty much invalidates the purpose of any privacy policy for the game.

Sorry no, poor choice of words. You would lose the ability to wear it. You would still own it in your inventory.
That's a relief!

Glad I didn't take my wings off to try my Founder's cape on yet; guess I'll just stay angelic until I level up again. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter