Swap a dessert for an Appetizer?

Its unlikely, but you can always ask.

I think desserts have a much bigger profit margin - so that is one reason its not an option - the restaurants are on a very tight budget for what they get per credit as I understand it. So a dessert cost them less.

They also don't really want folks staying at the table longer - unless they are paying OOP for the appetizer. IF they let one person get the app and the other the dessert than you are using the table for a bit longer and they really are not making anything more.

It's not allowed. They have really stopped all of the "trading" on this new version of the DDP. It's a lot stricter than it was in the past. You may get a server who might try and game the system, but they are not supposed to.

They stopped allowing this long before COVID, there were lots of conversations about it. It just makes NO economic sense for the restaurants, they are already "taking a loss" with the DDP.

We stopped getting the plan, we just didn't want all those desserts and some meals we wanted a table full of appetizers. I imagine starting it up new they will be very strict so if the plan doesn't meet your dining style I wouldn't get it ~ unless it's free and you can be more flexible ... aka pay of of pocket for appetizers, get several different desserts and everyone share.

I am waiting to see if any other deals come out for our trip time. If something good comes out, I change packages. We got the free dining for having DIsney+, but it just seems like SO MUCH FOOD.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter