Swap Ideas for 2009

Disney Swap Ideas/Wants:
Dining (specifically Character Meals)
Outside the Parks
Disney Cruise (Michellepooh- maybe do a general cruise group(s) within this)
Character Autograph Page 8 by 8 (123SA)
Character elements
Disneyland/DCA
Tags and Toppers
Lyrics
DHS (123SA hostessing starts in Dec)
Epcot
MK (123SA?- wiling to share)
AK (SIOH)

Technique Swaps:
Flocking (hopemax)
Paper Piecing (Hopemax)

Other element/page kit Swaps:
Everyday topics
General Vacation
Day Trips
Sports and More(AWM)
Pets
General Cruise
Surprise
Swapper’s Choice (hopemax)
Calendar (rlovew- with CPS)
School Swap (Disney Is terrifc hostessing - starts in Dec)
Color Kit Swap (one element/person- 123SA)

Recipe Swaps:
Slow Cooker
Cookie
Cake

Complete Pages/Other Types
All About Me 6 by 6 pages (rlovew)
Paper Bag
ATC
42 cents
Disney CPS (TCPShuana)
Holiday CPS (TCPShuana)
Calendar CPS (rlovew w/elements)
Greeting Cards (angelmom?)
Word Swap (one letter each)
Tag Book Swap (everyday themes)

Buy and Send Swaps:
Prima (MazdaUK)
Jar of Whimsy (rlovew- starts in Dec)

Think we are ready to put some dates on these? I'd like to pick some dates for the swaps I am hosting but I don't know what else has been planned.

I'd love to hostess some swaps next year. Would it be alright if I hostessed Outside the Parks, Character Elements, and Everyday Topics? If someone else already was planning to do those, then I'll pick something else!

Since I delayed my two technique swaps, I'd like to do them early in the year. If we're picking dates.

I'd say January 5th for the Paper piecing, and January 7th for the Flocking, and have them both due February 28th.

The swapper's choice, I would do later in the year, but will wait to see how the calender fills in.

Since I delayed my two technique swaps, I'd like to do them early in the year. If we're picking dates.

I'd say January 5th for the Paper piecing, and January 7th for the Flocking, and have them both due February 28th.

The swapper's choice, I would do later in the year, but will wait to see how the calender fills in.

Sounds good to me! I'd like to have the color swap sign ups Feb 10 and due ... maybe Apr 1. I should check out the timing of spring break.

I will start a new thread for the calendar, I will link it in to the bottom of the first post on the 2008 thread but I won't make it a sticky until 2009.

Sounds good to me! I'd like to have the color swap sign ups Feb 10 and due ... maybe Apr 1. I should check out the timing of spring break.

Spring break is different all over the country I think. Ours is the week of March 8.... Going for our first SPRING Disney Trip!!!

How long do you need to swap for or be involved in before you host?
I think Hope said at one point that she might do the DL/DCA swap and I was thinking about it. I will not be hurt if anyone says its too soon to bite the bullet!

I think Hope said at one point that she might do the DL/DCA swap and I was thinking about it. I will not be hurt if anyone says its too soon to bite the bullet!

There is no hard and fast rule- it is more about everyone getting to know you and get comfortable since we have had some people who had only joined one or two swaps either take forever to return things or never return them at all. I would say that people would be comfortable woith you as long as you keep posting and swapping by the middle of the year but again it is about keeping lines of communication open and being on time with what you are doing.

Rebecca

Sort of the informal guideline we had mentioned in the Swap FAQ was on-time, quality participation in three swaps with your first hosted swap paired with a "hostess buddy". There's more info in the Swap FAQ thread if you are interested.

I forgot about the DL/DCA swap. I can do it after the technique swaps, if ya can wait that long :goodvibes

Like a March 3rd signup, due Apr 26th.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter