Swap Ideas for 2009

Can we have a DL/DCA Swap???

I always like the tag swaps. And the recipe ones

Rebecca -- great thread! Thanks for organizing this. I am interested in several that are listed as well as your lastest day trips idea. I'd like to host the 8x8 character/autograph swap and the DHS swap that I am currently scheduled for. I would also like to hostess MK, but would be willing to let someone else do it since I had it last year. I really liked Kat's character swap last year that included both elements and mini page kits. I would be willing to host that too if it is open. Not sure if AWM's super sports and more was on the list; I'd like to do that one again.

I like the super sports and more. I don't mind hostessing it again. It's an easy one to swap out.
I'd like to do the tag book swap again, only with holiday/everyday not strictly Disney.

I'd be in for the mini page kit for characters once I finish going through my photos. ;)

I have another idea. I'd like to host a color swap, perhaps in February. I haven't quite worked out the details. Each person will make one different element, so in the end you'll have a page kit. The colors will be specific so each element matches. For example:

Grp 1 colors: Bazzill Dublin, bazzill vancouver and bazzill Mexico City (2 shades of green and a yellow)

Each person will use those colors to make their element. You can use all of the colors or some. Black, white and a neutral shade are permitted for every group. You can use any co-ordinating patterned paper and embellishments you'd like.

I haven't picked the colors. I will try to pick colors that are usually available at the big chain stores.

I am also considering making the requirements one mat and one element. Groups of 5 or 6 I guess, with a minimum of 4 to keep the group open.

Anyone interested?

Susan,

That sounds like and interesting idea! :yay: Sounds like fun.

I love all the catagories too. espically the Disneyland one since i've been there the last 3 times. If you need a hostess LMK. I've done it a few times. Just not recipes or cards because I'm not so good at those. :confused3

I'm so excited reading this thread!! I had to not swap the past few months, and I miss it so much!! I'm hoping to start again in 2009--we've got two trips planned with DS (and one is to celebrate our 10th wedding anniversary), and you know I'm gonna need lots of stuff!!

I would also love to hostess again, if I could. You know my passion for AK (perhaps I've mentioned that??), so I could hostess one of those or something else if someone else wants that! :) I'm just looking forward to participating!!

I've been away for 2 years now (finishing up my BSN degree) and life has finally settled back to normal. I can't wait to start swapping again and I'm looking forward to 2009.:dance3:

I've been away for 2 years now (finishing up my BSN degree) and life has finally settled back to normal. I can't wait to start swapping again and I'm looking forward to 2009.:dance3:

hey i was thinking about you a couple of weeks ago. i came across the swap that we did that was just disney punches. that was my very first one.
glad to have you back with us.

Wow, it feels good to be remembered. Thanks for the welcome back. I'm kind of bummed that the holiday season is starting up and we usually slow down with the swaps during this time...
I'll have to wait until Jan. I guess.

Wow, it feels good to be remembered. Thanks for the welcome back. I'm kind of bummed that the holiday season is starting up and we usually slow down with the swaps during this time...
I'll have to wait until Jan. I guess.

It's so nice to "see" you! I just used one of your pieces a couple of weeks ago. I've had it for almost three years and was holding onto it for just the right page. It was from your Epcot set that you made a gazillion years ago in an Epcot swap.

Welcome back and congrats on your degree!

Thanks, Shauna.
Now, what do I DO with that degree??? (Just kidding. I'm glad I have it. I've been working in the newborn nursery for almost 6 years, but now my position is more secure with a degree rather than just the RN license).

I liked the Epcot swap. Recently, I made a book for my daughter for her autographs. It was a 8x8 with a title page and several two page layouts for her photos and autographs. I would love to participate in something like that. Has that been done before in the past couple of years?

Is that you!!! OMG!!!! I just was thinking about you a few days ago when I too was going through swap elements!!!!

I'm so glad to hear things are settling down!!

Awww, Thanks Nancy! I've missed all of you so much. We'll have to do a circle journal just to catch up on everything!

You aren't kidding!!! How is everyone?? You can give a nutshell!!!
I know what pieces I just used of yours.. Magic Carpet!! LOL I'll have to get a photo of it!!

Thanks, Shauna.
Now, what do I DO with that degree??? (Just kidding. I'm glad I have it. I've been working in the newborn nursery for almost 6 years, but now my position is more secure with a degree rather than just the RN license).

I liked the Epcot swap. Recently, I made a book for my daughter for her autographs. It was a 8x8 with a title page and several two page layouts for her photos and autographs. I would love to participate in something like that. Has that been done before in the past couple of years?

We have an 8 by 8 page character autograph swap scheduled for next year.

It is good to have you back. We have a couple of swaps starting in November and December- jar of whimsy, DHS, school are all starting before Christmas.

Rebecca

Rebecca-

Does the jar of whimsey have to be a jar? Can it be an altered can or box?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter