Swap ideas for the new year (2007)

BernardandMissBianca

Rum makes math fun!
Since we have a lot of interest in getting swaps started right after the holidays we need to get some ideas rolling. We have 2 categories for swaps; newbie and general. Newbie is mostly but not strictly for people new to swapping. It helps to get their feet wet. General is for everyone, newbies and vets.

Please let us know what you are interested in seeing come up and if you are going to host please state that, so no one gets their toes stepped on. And if you have an idea of a time frame that would be good too so we can add it to the calendar when we have confirmation of the swap.
Thanks!

Link to the 2007 swap calendar
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1247934

ideas so far: H=host; CH=Co-Host ~ = on the calendar
Princess Nancy:
single element swaps
Epcot (H) ~
Shows (H) ~
Kids
Seasons ~

Queenie:
Beyond Disney

Mickster:
color swap
World Showcase ~
Monogram

New England Eeyore:
Newbie general parks (H) ~

Mickeyteacher:
calendar(H) ~
Secret Sister(H) spring/summer ~
Scavenger Hunt (H) ~

rlovew:
Tours (H)

SIOH:
pet ~
holiday element (H)
Circle journal

littlelambie:
Secret Sister swap ~

Katdisney:
character (H)
ABC's of Disney(H)
Altered swap(H)
disney sidekick(H)
pet(H) ~
Disney ride(H)
Holiday
Black and White

AWM:
39¢ swap(H) ~
tag swap(H)
boy/girl single element (H)

B&MB:
Pizza box circle (H) ~

Caitsmama:
library pocket character(H) - winter

Bubbasmom:
Oriental Trading embellishment (H)

hopemax:
Animal Kingdom ~
Prima Flowers
Paper piecing
Hidden Treasures

PBLM:
Paper Co. kit swap
AK swap ~
Epcot - Future world ~
Beyond Disney

ohmom:
pet ~
SS ~
DCL
Prima
Pizza ~
color
paper
embellishment ~

ddavis:
(CH) small groups

rsjj:
flower
embellishment ~
Oriental Trading

YodasMom:
pets ~
Disney events (F&W, F&G, MNSSHP, etc)
Parades and shows ~
extinct attractions
holiday
Epcot ~
DCL CJ

ChrisnSteph:
6x6 page swap
Altered clipboard swap
Altered tin swap
Embellished bookmark swap
Embellished tag swap
Embellished mini composition notebook swap

Ok, this does not count as "falling off the wagon", right?? :rotfl2:

I would like to do a pet swap--no kids for DH & I, just 2 cats and 3 dogs. I have so many pics of them!

Also, I have been thinking about doing the holiday swap again. I would host that one, if there are people interested. This time, I will definitely make it smaller! I might do it as an element swap instead of a page kit swap. . .open different groups for different holidays, and let people pick their element. OR it could be a page kit swap if that's what people wanted to do. I would probably do a deadline toward the end of February, maybe.

Those are my entries! :sunny:

I would like to do a swap for tours and maybe special events. I was thinking I could handle hosting a small tours swap with each person doing 1 or 2 elements for specific tours. My DH and I love doing tours and take more photos on tours than any other time. If there isn't enough people involved for individual tours than maybe focus on the tours at each park.

I would like to host a monthly theme type swap. I would like to see months as the topics and them have everyone create elements or page kits for that month. I'm starting a yearly family book and I think that would be a great way to start.

BTW- we are not falling off the wagon if we talk about swaps, as long as we do not post sign-ups until after the holidays. So I think we can start posting on Jan. 2 right?
S :)

Shawna, I love the monthly theme idea! Sign me up now (but pretend I didn't say that until after Jan. 2nd! :lmao: )

StitchIsOurHero said:
Ok, this does not count as "falling off the wagon", right?? :rotfl2:

I would like to do a pet swap--no kids for DH & I, just 2 cats and 3 dogs. I have so many pics of them!

Also, I have been thinking about doing the holiday swap again. I would host that one, if there are people interested. This time, I will definitely make it smaller! I might do it as an element swap instead of a page kit swap. . .open different groups for different holidays, and let people pick their element. OR it could be a page kit swap if that's what people wanted to do. I would probably do a deadline toward the end of February, maybe.

Those are my entries! :sunny:

HAHAHAHAHA...I was thinking the same thing...I better go to Buffy's meeting Room and see what we have established as guidelines :teeth:

My favorite swaps have been the ones where I get to pick the elements.... Mats and frames are my downfall. Talk about stress, and I'm never happy with how they turn out. Then I get my swap back, and I look at all the mats, and think "Why didn't I do mine like that?"

Anyway, I'm up for starting up again in January, and a Feb due date sounds good to me :teeth:

I'd be up for hosting a newbie swap - general park themes? I just used some of the elements I got from the newbie AK swap last year and it was nice because they were not ride specific but general AK themed so they could be used a lot of different ways. You can always choose to do more specific rides or lands for your elements but it's very low-pressure.

Do the newbies have a preference for a park they would like to start with? Last year we seemed to cover all 4 at staggered dates. Maybe we could do the same next year.

Oh, and I'd also definitely be interested in a pet swap. I've only had my kitty for almost 6 months now and he already has a 200 picture photo album full and I have not scrapping him yet.

So many swaps - so little time! ;)

My MIL (daisydu) and I have been talking about swaps in the future (I have fallen totally off the wagon and I've seen it drive by me a few times! :rotfl2: )(I actually had to push a swap aside so I could type this! I need help!)

Anyway, we were interested in a color swap. Non disney (gasp, the horror). For after Jan 2, of course. :rolleyes1

I have never done any swapping where I had to make the items. I would be interested in giving it a shot. I am thinking it would be stressful to have to make items, did anyone else feel this way when starting out? I would be intested in the pet swap, besides ds, we have 3 dogs, but I unfortunetly don't have any dinsey scrapping to do right now.

Mickeyteacher said:
I would like to host a monthly theme type swap. I would like to see months as the topics and them have everyone create elements or page kits for that month. I'm starting a yearly family book and I think that would be a great way to start.

BTW- we are not falling off the wagon if we talk about swaps, as long as we do not post sign-ups until after the holidays. So I think we can start posting on Jan. 2 right?

You HAVE to host a secret sister swap again!!! I loved doing this, and it was easy because I could buy the items instead of make them. Please, please!! ;)

I'd like to host an Epcot Swap again.. small 2 groups.. elements only.. due in Feb...
I'd like to host a musical event swap, examples, Tarzan, Lion King, etc.. element only
I'd like to see a puzzle piece swap if there was interest or a slide mount only swap... or a tag only swap...
I'd like to see a few kid related swaps... like sports or kid events like a music program (general theme)...

ETA: What about a season swap?

Hey, I have lots of likes don't I..
Hey, Buffy, we need your PIZZA BOX swap definitely!!!!

I love all the ideas so far. Guess I'll be falling off the wagon as soon as the holidays are over.

I really liked doing the anything in an envelope swap. So I can't wait for the Pizza box one.

Do you mean making an element that looks like a puzzle piece or using actual puzzle pieces in the element?

I am up for the tag only swap. I really do hate making the mats and frames too. I feel like I make the same one only different colors everytime. I'd rather have really cool elements and than just stick my photos on colored cardstock to match and cut them out.

BTW we can do none Disney related stuff too.
Off to update the first post.

Technically we are only falling of the wagon if we dare to suggest starting a swap before the holidays! :teeth:

AlexWyattMommy said:
I love all the ideas so far. Guess I'll be falling off the wagon as soon as the holidays are over.

I really liked doing the anything in an envelope swap. So I can't wait for the Pizza box one.

Do you mean making an element that looks like a puzzle piece or using actual puzzle pieces in the element?

I am up for the tag only swap. I really do hate making the mats and frames too. I feel like I make the same one only different colors everytime. I'd rather have really cool elements and than just stick my photos on colored cardstock to match and cut them out.

a puzzle piece swap where you buy a blank puzzle or a little kids puzzle with large pieces and alter them. check out 2peas do a search for altered puzzle piece.

WHat is a pizza box swap? Did I miss a reference somewhere?

I am definitely interested in the World Showcase swap! SIgn me up (After Jan 2, of course :thumbsup2 )

I like the idea of a seasons swap. I'm intrigued...

littlelambie said:
You HAVE to host a secret sister swap again!!! I loved doing this, and it was easy because I could buy the items instead of make them. Please, please!! ;)

I will gladly host another in the spring or early summer. They are a lot of fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter