Swap Items Question

hffmnheidi

Mouseketeer
Now, I don't want to offend anyone, but...what do you do with items from swaps that you don't care for or won't use in your own scrapbook(different theme/change of size of scrapbook when some pieces are just too big/different taste or style)?

I am just curious because I have some swap items, not from swaps here, from another group that just aren't my style or taste anymore since they've been in my drawers for a while as well as some paper piecings bought off ebay that weren't what I expected. Do you give them away as hostess gifts for other swap hostesses with a clear note that they weren't made by you, sell at a LSS sale, or simply toss them out?

I don't want to offend anyone, but since they are well done items, what is the proper protocol for handling these items.

I will give them away as hostess gifts.... or I would donate them to someone who is doing make a wish books.... maybe a local girl scout group... if you know a teacher, maybe they could use them in the classroom for projects....

I never thought about sending them to Make A Wish or Give Kids The World. Who is the contact on these boards, if there is someone? I'm just glad someone would be able to use them.

Thanks!

The other option is to keep them for the pass-it-forward swap. This is the swap where you take what you won't use and hope to get things you might.

The other option is to keep them for the pass-it-forward swap. This is the swap where you take what you won't use and hope to get things you might.

I was going to mention this too & really hope we do it again this year. I got some great things from the last one... things from older swaps before I joined and things from swaps I wasn't in the particular group to get. I just used a Chesire Cat paper piecing on my Mad Tea Party page - I got it from the PIF swap!:banana:

It is a fun swap. It doesn't take long at all. Especially if you put the things aside as you go through your current swaps. I have a few items, but not as many this time. :)

Items from swaps other than our own ARE allowed, if they meet our minimum standard requirements for each element.

I have also rec'd some great pieces that I can't wait to use. :thumbsup2

Any chance we could do a pass it forward swap soon? I don't see one on the calendar for this year and I've been wondering about what to do with these pieces I can't find a use for. It would be great to just get a new mix of stuff without making all new pieces.

Yeah, yeah, yeah! :banana:(Put to the tune of any old random song - you definitely don't want to hear me sing it, though) AWM - you are awesome.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter