swimming weather?

opsomyo

Earning My Ears
We are doing the 7 day land/sea Nov. 17-24. I have been watching the weather and it is in the 80's in FL now. Will there be much of a change next month? My girls will want to spend alot of time swimming especially on the ship, it will still be warm enough right? What about in the evening on the cruise? We went in July & it was alot cooler at night esapecially when sailing (wind). After spending 4 days in Disney we plan on relaxing by the pool while they swim. We figure that will be "our" vacation. 3 days of seeing the shows, movies & sitting in the sun. I know it is the bahammas but I am from Indiana! So, Florida & bahamma weather towards the end of November, is it still tropical? Thanks!

We were on the Eastern Caribbean last 11/24-12/1. It was certainly hot enough inthe Caribbean to go swimming. The evenings were warm, too, but still comfortable.

As for Florida, I live just outside of Tampa on the Gulf Coast and it's hot here! We had a few "cooler" days last week (still in the low to mid-80's), but probably swimming weather for tourists. Residents tend not to swim so much now any more unless you have a heated pool. But, by November, I'm thinking it's going to be more like the upper 70's during the day and probably 60's at night (if there is a God! - lol). ;)

I am hoping it's warm enough to dip into the carribean waters on my December 1 Wonder cruise. I'm not really a cold water person. I typically won't get in a pool unless it's 80 plus, but I think I'm going to have to suck it up since I know I won't be able to keep my little ones out of the water (and they are two little to go alone).

Are the pools on the ship heated?

I am not sure if the pools are heated we were on the wonder in July and it was hot so the pool felt nice. We spent our time in the Mickey pool because it was DD5 & myself. I am not much of a swimmer (unless it feels like bath water!) She couldn't touch the bottom in the Goffey pool & the Mickey was alot funner. I know they empty them ( a kid got sick & they empyied & scrubbed it. I believe they refil it with filtered salt water. I am not sure if they are heated. Anyone know? Also we are staying at port orleans Riverside, anyone know if those pools are heated? Are there any indoor poolas at the resort? Wondering because the parks close early so we will want to swim in the evening. I can't wait Yeah!!!!

I'm not sure about whether the ship pools are heated, but I'm SURE the WDW Resort pools are heated. :D

We have sailed in late November, in January, and in Feburary, and it has never been too cold to swim. Of course, we are from Chicago so at that time of the year, anything above 70 feels downright tropical! Even though it is warm during the day, we have needed sweatshirts at night once in a while.
Barb
Visit the Platinum Castaway Club at: www.castawayclub.com

I have this terrible fear we are going to bring our Indiana weather with us! Sorry for all the spelling mistakes, I always have a 3 & 5 (almost 6) year olds at my feet. ARE THEY EVER GOING TO STOP TALKING CONTINUOUSLY ?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter