Take Magic Express to a different resort than “home” resort

soxrob

Earning My Ears
We are landing at MCO at 6:00pm and would like to make a 8:30 California Grill dining reservation. Can we have Magical Express take our luggage to Pop where our resort reservation is for the week and we go to the Contemporary to make our dining reservation?

As @dansdad currently answered above, no you can't do what you ask. However, you could have your checked luggage to Pop and you could take a taxi/uber/lyft/car service directly to the Contemporary. However you would need to deal with your carry on luggage somehow.

No, and it’s unlikely that the same ME bus would be stopping at both CR and Pop. CR is about 7 miles from Pop, and the ME bus routes are broken up by resort area.

You could get off the ME bus at Pop and grab a cab or Uber to CR, or board a MK bus at Pop and walk to CR from the MK depot, it’s right across the street.

We are landing at MCO at 6:00pm and would like to make a 8:30 California Grill dining reservation. Can we have Magical Express take our luggage to Pop where our resort reservation is for the week and we go to the Contemporary to make our dining reservation?
You would think it would be a simple matter of getting on a different ME bus. As others have already indicated, Disney does not allow you to just grab any ME bus. The reason is the contract that the bus carrier has with the Airport. They agreed to only transport Disney resort guest to / from the airport and their Disney resort.

Dave

When we arrived at ME, we politely asked if we could be dropped off at Ft. Wilderness instead of at Pop where we were staying, and they said yes. I wouldn't count on it and would have a backup plan, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

When we arrived at ME, we politely asked if we could be dropped off at Ft. Wilderness instead of at Pop where we were staying, and they said yes. I wouldn't count on it and would have a backup plan, but it doesn't hurt to ask!

Imagine if every guest did this (think the MK resorts would be most popular to ask to be dropped off at). Those guests who legitimately have reservations might have to wait for a different bus because others were put on bus they would have been on. Just because you were lucky doesn’t mean OP should even ask- as many others stated reasons why you can’t.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter