• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Take my hand,we'll make it I swear... a wishful Pre-TR

marivaid

My mother is a Pluto molester.
March 9th, D-120

I set my dates. July 8th 'til July 27th, both included. This year we were asked to put our dates down early - by the end of February.
Of course, we were not returned the favor yet and so I have no idea if my "wish" will be granted or not.

This is an important job I have. The place can not run without me.
The Big Bosses need me to tell them 6 months in advance when I intend to take my summer vacation as I am a Very Important Person.

I'm a gas station attendant in a supermarket.

Okay, I'm exaggerating. Sometimes I get to work inside the store,too. At those self-checkout registers. Or at a real one. I can even make those "faithful customers" cards. I answer the phone. When I'm lucky, I get to put anti-theft devices on underwear. When I'm really lucky, I get to stack shelves with the guys.

The "promotion" I was supposed to get in September has been pushed back and back again. Last I knew, it was supposed to start in March. I would be in charge of our online store. Might want to tell the Big Boss we might need, let's say, a computer for that. Preferrably one that doesn't run on Windows 98 and includes more than one USB port. Let's just say, I ain't getting my hopes up yet.

What do you do when your job bites ? You dream about going to Disney. You bring the Passporter with you in your little glass cage and take notes between customers. You wear Mickey socks and carry around a Goofy "kooky" pen you got on your last vacation. And when the days are long are boring, you debate the merits of Annual Passes and Dining Plans.

Livin' on a prayer, baby.

I normally don't follow along with pre trip reports but anything that you are doing is interesting to me! I hear ya sister on daydreaming the day away about Disney.... I sit at a computer 8 hours a day for work and trust me, I look at photos that I have looked at a thousand times over of all the resorts and daydream about staying at them and relaxing by the pool!

can't wait to hear more of your daydreams! :thumbsup2

And right from the beginning. And very impressed that your mom has already been immortalized by the Tag Fairy! Can't wait to hear what you'll do with 19 days in FL (someone had best notify "the 'greens" that they need to stock up).

Hooked already!

I want to know what Disney character your mum will molest this time around lol.

Like a lot of people these days we're not exactly rolin' in the dough. I recently moved into a apartment that I love - which unfortunately comes with a price tag of €800/month. Currently, I earn about €1100 a month. That doesn't leave a whole lot.
With my dad retiring in September, that means the free lodging we've been enjoying as long as I can remember (he's a school principal and must live on school grounds) is coming to an end. They're buying an apartment, and have to pay moving costs.

The only way we could go on vacation this summer was for us to get free flights with our AAdvantage miles. Last summer, our two flights were something like €2500. That's the budget for our ENTIRE vacation this year.

When I was told that I could either pick July or August for my vacation this year, I almost cried. I'd thought they'd let me take September or possibly June off, since it's not school vacation the flights would be cheaper and we may have a shot at getting freebies.

Still, when I went back home that day I logged on aa.com and checked. Well wouldn't you know, that we could get free direct roundtrips to Miami with our miles, IN JULY ????? I couldn't believe it ! I booked them on the spot, even though I had no idea if my dates were going to be approved (still don't). We can modify the dates of our trip without a fee, so I guess it's not a huge deal if we do have to do that. I just couldn't pass it up - they could have been gone the next day for all I knew.

Next, imagine my surprise when I noticed that WDW had extended their 4-for-7 deal (pay four nights, get three free) to include summer dates. Of course the Poly was calling our name - but we had a great time at CSR in January and it would do just fine. And save us over $700 in the process.

The second part of our trip we woud spend in Fort Lauderdale, at whichever motel we could get. There's like 15 of them on Galt Mile, so I'm not worried.

This summer, we're also going to become traitors.
That's right folks.

Grumpy and the Turkey are going to Universal. :scared1:

Subscribing here too. I love to read your trip reports. I don't know how you do it. I guess if I didn't have one kid in college and another getting ready to go, I'd be at WDW more often. As it is, it's been seven long years since I've been.

:banana: YAY, a pretrippie!! I love it! Thanks for letting us know on your TR!!

Woo hoo!!! You and Grumpy are going back and taking us along for the ride.

Woohoo, a new pre-trip report. Crossing my fingers that you get the time off, cause that means another trip report from you! :cool1: I'll be waiting....:worship:

Awaiting more.
I'm sorry about your job.

OMG!!! I'm going to be there July 8th to the 13th! I can't believe it, after taking three virtual trips with you i'm going to be there at the same time.. hmmmm, new activity for me and the kids.. Marina and Grumpy seeking in the crowds!!! :)

Universal?
:scared1:
I've been living 6 hours from a Universal my entire life and I've only been once, long before I remember it.
Oh, well. Orlando is Orlando. ;)

So excited for a new trip. Really, I am. I live vicariously through others TRs. Now if only we could hear a bit about this winters trip. :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

I finally (finally!) figured out how to subscribe to a thread, just so I could keep up with you and not miss one!

Universal, huh? Well I think that any report that could possibly have details of Grumpy on the Jaws ride will be fantastic. :)

Can I join your fan club? I'll give you a dollar for fees. :banana:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter