Taking a 14 month old

momx2

DIS Veteran
My family has 2 WDW trip planned for May 5-11 2002. Went in Sept. with just DH, myself and 3 yr. old. DD. In May we plan on bringing our 14 mon. DD along. I'm just thinking back to when other DD was 14 mon. What stands out is her just being able to walk well and all over the place. What has been others experiences with 14 month olds. Going to take her anyway, just wondering.

We took our youngest for the 2nd time when he was 13 months (the first time he was 6 weeks old). Anyway, I was prepared for the worst . . . walking all over the place, etc. He really surprised us! He stayed in the stroller whenever we were walking around. I made sure to let him out to run around while waiting for the others at the rides. I wouldn't worry about it, there's so much to see your DD will probably be content to sit in the stroller and watch. I did make sure to bring lots of snacks and juice into the parks for him. It wasn't worth spending money on stuff that he wasn't going to eat anyway.

Have a great time!!

I took my DS when he was 14 mo. old. but he was/is only child so I think that makes a difference. He was good and loved the characters but we also spent a lot of time at the pool etc. I would take a grandparent if at all possible. I've done that twice now and they love it and my DH and I love it. I means one night out together with out the kids and an extra set of hands if you need it.

Enjoy and take many roles of film.

Our DD was exactly 14 months last year and I thought it was great. She stayed in the stroller whenever we were walking without a fight. She loved all the rides. She loved all the Christmas lights and decorations.

She was VERY afraid of the characters, though. It just depends on the child as our other DD loved the characters at any age.

She just went with the flow. Hardly ever cried. She had her nap and she right to sleep at night she was so tired.

She loved the Pooh ride and "It's a Small World".

We brought her carseat on the plane and she was a good girl. She napped going down but not going home but she was still pretty good.

I'm more worried now that she's 2 and 2 months. I'm worried about the plane ride and the characters and also getting her to sleep at night. I'm hoping she'll be SO tired it will be fine. She's also now afraid of loud noise and the dark so I hope she'll do alright. Our other DD was 2 and 3 months on her first WDW trip and did great so I'm probably getting worried over nothing...

Good luck!

Thanks for the responses. Now that I think about, 2 yr. old would probably be more challenging than 14 mon. old. Only 6 more months!

We are going at the end of Nov with our 14 month old DD. I'm worried about the walking about factor also. She LOVES to walk and can walk a mall with no problem. I'm planning on bringing one of those harnesses because she will not hold your hand at all. I know she will love WDW. We've been showing her Disney catalogs and of course her favorite store in the mall is the Disney Store!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter