talk about rumors speading

lillykat

DIS Veteran
My boyfriend works with someone whose friend works for CRO and she told him her friend said they were closing Alien Encounter. I assume since I haven't seen anything that this is not true. Please tell me I'm right. Anyway what is the best way to find out if any rehabs are scheduled for January? other than Deb's site
31 DAYS UNTIL AKL!!!!

My friend's, Uncle's, cousin's, mother-in-law's, brother', sister-in-law's daughter said she never heard that.

Sorry, I couldn't resist.

The show does well, I don't think they will close it.

NOT THE TUNNEL!

What's next? The balloon rides? The gravitron? The castle waterslides?

JC

Actually, I heard that people with Ultra Annual Passes can still use the tunnel AND they get free dinner at the end.

I appreciate that you are trying to cut off the flood of newbies, but come on. Epcot?

They'll never find the secret path in the animal kingdom anyway.

DR

knows the shortcut to Animal Kingdom was closed because of the complaints about the people who were rappelling off of Spaceship Earth.

:smooth: :smooth: :p

Come on only those that don't know anything don't know about the passage to Animal Kingdom. The true secret that I heard today is that The Villans Park is being secretly constructed. Dinorama is a coverup to draw attention while the Villians is being completed. I heard from the neighbor of a guy that works for the contracting company that is developing the park. He said to look for it in May or June for the summer rush. Also Eisner will be at MGM under the hat next week to sign autographs and take pictures with Mickey. See he can give back. As for the free ice cream, they moved the cart to Animal Kingdom, you have to go to any cart and tell them that you'd like to have a "Chilly Safari Bar" I thought everyone knew that was the code. Just thought I'd pass it on.

I have it on good faith, from my sister's neighboor's cat's vet's niece, that they're going to relocate all of Animal Kingdom to the Vero Beach Resort, and replace it with one giant 1000 foot tall roller coaster with 20 inversions!!

It'll happen, people, just keep watching!!

I am stunned that you all have missed the really big point of these developments...Especially being Walt's birthday and all.

Well, as you know the movng sidewalk passed right by the "secret" cryogenic chamber...labled "refrigerator". Anyway, rumor has it that this "refrigerator" has been removed, can we get any CM corroboraton on this?...If so, I guess it doesn't take a genius to figure out who'll be running the Compay next year!;)
:cool: :cool: :bounce: :cool: :cool:

What a great thread!! We'll be sure to give up updates on all this info after we return from WDW on Sunday night! :D

I Heard that the Moving Walkway was being rerouted to make more room for the Emu Slaughterhouse Expansion.

None of you goofballs has any idea what you are talking about. There are alot of new visitors that rely heavily on this kind of information. It's not fair to give out false (and silly) information. Let me clear a few things up here...

YoHo, the emus are not slaughtered onsite. They are processed at the farm, flash frozen and sent to WDW.

The moving walkway is not going anywhere, nor is it closing. The tunnel had some water damage from the leaking 20k lagoon. The budgets for Fire and Bald Mountain were rerouted to fix the damage. All is well from latest reports.

Pirate, the monthly maintenance fee for the cryogenic lab didn't survive the FY 2002 budget. Instead, they are moving him to a glacier inside the Arctic Circle and monitoring with a solar powered web cam, that should do the trick.

Oh my misguided friend Scoop, I always take the monorail from the All Star Movies when I go to Epcot.

I was laughing so hard that I forgot what the original question was. No, AE is not closing.

By the way, I heard that the moving sidewalk is closed so that they can retro-fit it with special panels making it a musical moving sidewalk (like the big xylophone they had at Epcot for Flower&Garden this year)

Hey, that sounds cool - hope it is open for our next visit-
DR

When will the extensioin for the underground subway system be attached to Animal Kingdom lodge?

That will happen after they complete the monorail extensions to MCO and the airports in Tampa and Miami.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter