Talk me into paying $1500/night for a GF club room

My husband and I just priced Four Seasons the other day, and yeah you're looking at paying the same kind of prices, and of course the experience is luxury but you do give up some of the Disney.

Depends on what you mean by Disney. JW Marriott fireworks view with breakfast is under $500 for my dates, regular JW around $300. Never stayed there, but I bet it's objectively better than the GF rooms and club level, by how other Disney quality has gone. Heck, you could book THREE JW fireworks view rooms for this room, that's how crazy this pricing is.

I love GF, I own GF DVC. But I think there's a lot of other options depending on what they think makes a "dream" trip, especially if OP is actually used to luxury hotels. GF room service is cheaper and maybe even better than club level. VGF (DVC points) and room service even cheaper. Heck, VGF DVC 1BR is one of the most beautiful hotel rooms I've stayed in, and it's still probably cheaper than this club level. If your goal is just GF location, that can be achieved without spending this.

Last edited:
$1500 per night is the price I used to see for 2 BR Poly suite CL , pre Covid. Charging that much for a regular CL room is outrageous.

The honeymoon suite at Poly is cheaper than this. Bet that would be a dream vacation LOL.

Depends on what you mean by Disney. JW Marriott fireworks view with breakfast is under $500 for my dates, regular JW around $300. Never stayed there, but I bet it's objectively better than the GF rooms and club level, by how other Disney quality has gone. Heck, you could book THREE JW fireworks view rooms for this room, that's how crazy this pricing is.

I love GF, I own GF DVC. But I think there's a lot of other options depending on what they think makes a "dream" trip, especially if OP is actually used to luxury hotels. GF room service is cheaper and maybe even better than club level. VGF (DVC points) and room service even cheaper. Heck, VGF DVC 1BR is one of the most beautiful hotel rooms I've stayed in, and it's still probably cheaper than this club level. If your goal is just GF location, that can be achieved without spending this.
I dunno, I had a king deluxe in the main building and could watch fireworks from both MK and Epcot, I just moved my chair from one side of the room to the other (it was a turret room with floor to ceiling windows 3/4 of the way around, walk in closet, absolutely glorious). I loved that room, but still wouldn’t pay $1500 for it, I wasn’t condoning that price at all. Of course that was pre-Covid with food offerings that were amazing all day, not just breakfast. I’m actually more fond of BWI CL, great location in walking distance of my favorite parks, and amazing CL with wonderful food choices (and chef in the evening), brunch on Sundays with mimosa/Bloody Mary bar, and I love I can pop in for coffee all day (can do that at any CL, but it’s just icing on the cake there). Sure the rooms are dated, but for my solo trip this summer I’m paying a fraction of what this person is seeing at GF. I like being able to walk to my favorite parks, charge to my rooms, and I can get an AP discount usually…which is good because, again, I’m not paying $1500 for any room (although, if you haven’t stayed at Riviera in one of the larger villas, they’re amazing 😍)

I splurged for a GF CL in a smaller building and was moved to Main Building (prob not enough people in small building). It was fun, the food was great, the snacks and soda out 24/7. If u plan on returning to the hotel to try to make a meal out of the finger food - to save money on restaurants- it’s worth it. Otherwise, just buy snacks and soda from Garden Grocer and save yourself a TON of money. Room service the same great service as regular GF room. The treat to your family is staying at GF - it’s so classically beautiful (although all of the monorail resorts are a treat).

Here's the quote I got:

Main bldg club level GF (mid sept 5 nights) 3 people, park hopper and genie plus:

$7,983.36

I'm open to all opinions! Thank you!

So this isn't really a $1500 per night room, it's a $1500 per night package which I think makes a huge difference in the idea of whether it's worth it. You didn't say the length of your tickets but 5 day park hopper with genie for 3 adults is $2200. So you're looking at $1150 a night for the room.

Well a good chunk of your quote is for the park tickets with hopper and Genie+ added in. You would pay for that no matter where you stay. Have you asked for the same quote without club level? You might find the difference helps you decide if it's worth it. I would stay at GF since that's what your mom wants but I wouldn't spend for the upgrade to club. Save the money and splurge on a couple of nice meals.

This exactly.

So this isn't really a $1500 per night room, it's a $1500 per night package which I think makes a huge difference in the idea of whether it's worth it. You didn't say the length of your tickets but 5 day park hopper with genie for 3 adults is $2200. So you're looking at $1150 a night for the room.
It's crazy when $1,150/night for the room only sounds like value-town.

It's crazy when $1,150/night for the room only sounds like value-town.
Right? I struggle with spending more than $250/night for a room anywhere else, even if it seems almost perfect. But here I am, heading to WDW later this year, and spending more than twice that amount (albeit with slight heart palpitations), because it's Disney!

I'm still going through all the replies (thank you so much for your input!) I thought I'd come on here to let you know I have booked...

Boardwalk Inn Club level, but booked two rooms for 4 nights. My sister and I believe my mom would benefit from a room of her own. She enjoys her privacy and quiet time, and may not want to stay up as late as we do, and she'll have the advantage of her own bathroom, and a place to go if she's feeling down. We also won't wake her up if we stay out later one or two nights.

I'll take mom to the Grand Floridian for dinner one night, or if they are doing that Mary Poppins breakfast that would be great - I loved that place. They had the best selection. BWI will put us near Epcot and mom will love the Food & Wine festival. I also liked that the club room is on the same level as the rooms, so if my mom wants to go there alone she won't get lost (haha).

Cost:
Boardwalk Inn CL 3 day park hopper w/genie +
$4557.70 (me and my sister's room)
$4069 (mom's room)

Both rooms were in the $750 range. A standard non club is $584.

Last edited:
You could stay in a regular room at the Grand Floridian and then treat your Mom to some nice restaurants and maybe a fireworks cruise or dessert party and still spend less than $1,500 per night. :)
I agree with this! Especially right now with covid limiting some of the benefits and offerings. We did club level years ago at GF and it was nice but I did not think the benefit was worth the extra over a regular GF room.

I'm still going through all the replies (thank you so much for your input!) I thought I'd come on here to let you know I have booked...

Boardwalk Inn Club level, but booked two rooms for 4 nights. My sister and I believe my mom would benefit from a room of her own. She enjoys her privacy and quiet time, and may not want to stay up as late as we do, and she'll have the advantage of her own bathroom, and a place to go if she's feeling down. We also won't wake her up if we stay out later one or two nights.

I'll take mom to the Grand Floridian for dinner one night, or if they are doing that Mary Poppins breakfast that would be great - I loved that place. They had the best selection. BWI will put us near Epcot and mom will love the Food & Wine festival. I also liked that the club room is on the same level as the rooms, so if my mom wants to go there alone she won't get lost (haha).

Cost:
Boardwalk Inn CL 3 day park hopper w/genie +
$4557.70 (me and my sister's room)
$4069 (mom's room)

Both rooms were in the $750 range. A standard non club is $584.
Have a great Trip!

MeforDis, thanks for the update!!! I think your Mom having her own room is fantastic!! We've owned DVC since 93 and my favorite part is the ability to spread out, so everyone gets their own space. I hope you have a wonderful trip!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter