Talk to me about the Minnie Vans

Once you've been activated for the service, you don't need to be at a participating resort to use it; you can use it anywhere on Disney property whether you're at a resort or not, including future visits. I don't know whether it survives if you change your phone or phone number.
Never knew this! Good to know! thanks!!

We used it to get to (and back from) Hoopty Dee Do Revue from Beach Club. Both drivers were friendly and I would do it again. We talked about using it again when the bus line was unusually long, but decided to wait it out.

We used a minnievan twice in December and twice in early March. The longest wait was 6 or 7 minutes. We've used it for morning rope drop, and rides to or from restaurants but not at Park closing. It just depends on where they're at when you request a ride.

I wanted to chime in on our recent experiences with the Minnie Vans, especially compared with regular Uber or Lyft. We used the Minnie Vans at least 10 times during our March 9-16 trip and we loved it! The MV’s are always super clean and the drivers are all Disney Cast members and knew where they were going. We always had great conversations during our rides. We had a couple of times when we couldn’t match with a MV, mostly at peak times. According to info we got from drivers, they are expanding the service now that it is no longer just a pilot program and are currently also testing out taking guests to the airport for departures. So hopefully with more vehicles in the fleet there will be fewer times when they are unavailable. And we would have loved to have the ability to use a MV for airport arrival and departure.

We found the MV’s to be super convenient and I felt very safe riding in them. We took an Uber from MCO to our resort on arrival. His car was not the cleanest but he also got lost twice on the way. We took Uber and or Lyft a couple of times when the MV service was not available and also to Universal and back one day. Each time our kids commented on how they wished we were in the MV! Other than more vehicles in the fleet, my only other suggestion would be to add a short trip option. Sometimes the $25 fee seemed a little excessive for a quick trip. But overall, a great experience!

Anyone have experience with using MV accessible vehicles? We’re a party of 4, 2 adults, 1 child with wheelchair requiring tie down and 1 child with folding wheelchair.

We used the Minnie Van several times this past weekend. Great service and wonderful conversation with our drivers! It is expensive, but really worth it for the convenience and "insider" information (nothing that's top secret, but stuff we didn't know about).

I thought tipping was not allowed. Was the tip available in the app, or did you need to give cash?
A couple months ago they reclassified the Minnie Van driver position and the drivers can now accept tips.

Did I read somewhere that Disney resorts was giving Minnie Ride credits instead of housekeeping service?

Just back from a 10 night trip where we used Minnie Van once as a treat mainly for my niece and mother in law, really fun knowledgeable driver and in that case worth the extra cost! We have used Minnie Vans a few times in the past when it was $20 and always had good service but for our family (usually just 3 of us) the $25 is not worth the extra over lyft/uber imho unless its a special occasion. Another drawback is the lack of availability - we were going to use it to send the "kids" to Blizzard beach (youngest is 14) but could not locate one at the time.

We did also use regular lyft several times and as always all rides were a positive experience.

Slightly OT but it comes up now and then so I will share this - we needed transportation for 7 from OKW to the Hoop De Do dinner show and didn't want to ride the OKW bus / to boat option (or bus to bus to bus!) as it was a treat for my mother in laws 85 birthday. I did some searching and found Mears Global, you can preschedule a pick up for a flat rate and I was more than satisfied. The price was $15.00 for 7 people in a luxury van, driver was on time and very courteous imho I would choose this option again for a prescheduled meal or event with a larger group.

I was wondering about the "send" option. If I have the Lyft app on my phone, can I call it, send my elderly parents back to the hotel but not travel with them? They'd have to bus back, I guess, but I know they won't download the app.

I was wondering about the "send" option. If I have the Lyft app on my phone, can I call it, send my elderly parents back to the hotel but not travel with them? They'd have to bus back, I guess, but I know they won't download the app.
I'd assume the Minnie Van will let you but you'd need to wait there with them. The van driver will be looking for the person that requests them so you'd need to be there. And your parents would need to know what van they are looking for (by number)

I'd assume the Minnie Van will let you but you'd need to wait there with them. The van driver will be looking for the person that requests them so you'd need to be there. And your parents would need to know what van they are looking for (by number)

Yes, I figured I would have to wait with them and get then in the right van. Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter