TEACHERS...have you had enough?

Wondering how any teachers on here are feeling about their jobs come this fall? I know three teachers who have just had enough and are taking early retirement (a year or two early) as a result of Covid.

They have said that just the possibility of going hybrid was just too much to handle at this point in their careers. They don’t know how they would be expected to do online as well as in person classes because there aren’t enough hours in the day or even floor space in the classrooms. Some concerns were regarding the technical aspect of this process. How do you teach inperson and online at the same time. Who handles network or computer issues with the kids? Will their workloads be doubling as a result? Some kids don’t have reliable internet. The list goes on and on.

‘Budget cuts are also happening and teachers are being laid off. So then how do you have one teacher teach a class of 24 plus kids six feet apart. Even splitting the class in half and alternating days still leaves too many students in a room.

I have been hearing a ton of how kids need to be in school, but not hearing a lot of how we are going to be helping the teachers make this happen.

How are you feeling about the upcoming school year? You are all in my thoughts.
Thanks for your concern. I am expecting the school year to be very challenging for the reasons you described, so I'm going into it with a go with the flow attitude (which isn't typical for me.) It's going to be hard for everyone, so at least I know I won't be alone in that.

Right now, my biggest concerns are that we do actually get to have in-person classes for those students who want them, and that the school year schedule isn't altered beyond recognition. If those two things go my way, I'll try not to sweat the small stuff.

to your benefit-everyone will likely be in the same boat, both new and long term staff. seems like every district, every state is in 'flux' trying to deal with the known/unknown. to that end-realistically everyone in your new state/district will have to be provided with some form of direction and training so you will be at the same starting point as everyone else.

True and that will probably be the main focus of before school year trainings. It was such a stressful fall semester then move that I am dreading any new stress. Retirement is not an option and at least I have taught long enough fo be comfortable with the basics. Maybe it will be a bonding year with new coworkers.

My husband is a teacher and I work in healthcare. We have both been put to the test with this pandemic-- in different ways. He misses the interaction with his students and I feel that he is able to impact their education more in person, if nothing else with life lessons. We live in a rural area and sometimes the distanced learning is not equal for all families depending on access to internet and technology. I hope they can return to school in a safe environment so all have level ground for learning.

I teach first grade and remote learning was difficult with the younger kiddos. I can't teach them as I would if we were at school. I had a lot of students that did the work at night when their parents were home so I could not do lessons with them. It made for a tricky few months!

I am going to be on maternity leave from September-January so that adds another layer of uncertainty into the mix. Although, I am hoping by January , things may be a little easier!

My daughter is in her final year of college to earn her degree and teaching credential. She has to student teach and thinks she will have to do online teaching. I’m nervous for her.

I’m a classroom special ed aide. I have no idea how things will work if we go back. I’ve talked to other aides and we are nervous about safety and health of staff. Here in CA numbers keep rising. Hopefully we hear something soon

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter