TEAM #6: OHANA-No One Gets Left Behind:Post your miles/hours here

My knee hurt me swimming (swimming! a no impact workout!) and so I went to the doctor today...I guess the "good news" to report is that I went to the doctor today for my bum knee and got an xray and there was no fluid on the knee.
The bad news is that the doctor said it could be a sprain or strain that would take 6-8 weeks to fully heal. Ay carumba. That means a few more weeks of crazy low miles. :(

That said, this is my list for the week:

15 minutes boxing
30 minutes DDR (I "had to" try out my new knee brace and make sure it was OK)
10 minutes rowing/1 mile
20 minutes elliptical
3 hours volleyball
25 minutes bike/6.26 miles (Really it was "626" like Stitch!)
15min elliptical
20min swimming/0.26mi

TOTAL:
5hr 15min
7.52 miles

I did a mix again of pump class, Pilates, TM, elipical, snow shoveling and biking. I agree the biking does build up those miles. While waiting for class when I would just stand around and talk, I am now biking.

Total miles 27.35

Total hours 7hrs 40 minutes

Good job everyone.

Go OHana.:banana: :banana:

Nancy

My knee hurt me swimming (swimming! a no impact workout!) and so I went to the doctor today...I guess the "good news" to report is that I went to the doctor today for my bum knee and got an xray and there was no fluid on the knee.
The bad news is that the doctor said it could be a sprain or strain that would take 6-8 weeks to fully heal. Ay carumba. That means a few more weeks of crazy low miles. :(

Shell, I'm so sorry to hear that. I know not being able to work out like you'd like to is very frustrating. I hope you can embrace the good news part, though, as it sounds like it'll heal without a lot of intervention. :hug:

Here are my totals for the week. Once again, I forgot to write down my rowing distances to convert them to portions of miles. Like Shell, I've been having some knee problems--runner's knee. The icy road conditions haven't helped either, but it's mostly knee problems. So I'll be switching my program around before things get worse. My TM/pavement mileage is lower than last week's, and may continue to be so until the knee gets better. :sad2:

DAILY/SESSION TOTALS:
W/O Miles: 7.00, 18.25, 5.25, 0, 17.20, 0, 15.20
W/O Time: 2:00, 2:00, 1:30, 1:00, 1:37, 1:00, 2:00
Ped./Comm. Miles: 1.2, 4.0
Ped./Comm. Time: 27, 1:07

DETAILS
• Running/Walking/RW: Treadmill and pavement.
• XT activities: Circuit and strength training (incl. free weights, core work, and flexibility), elliptical trainer, stationary bicycling, and rowing.
• Pedestrian/Commuter Miles are “walking with a purpose" to/from neighborhood destinations (between 15:00-17:00 mm); they do not include walking inside a destination or between destinations within a neighborhood (i.e. this is just the commute time).

GRAND TOTALS
Total Miles: 68.10 miles (12.83 miles of R, W, or RW for those who care)
Total Time: 12:41 (or 12.68)

Hey everyone... Here is my week, it's lower than I would like but I am slowly working my way back up!

R/W miles = 5.4 (way lower than I would like)
Cycle miles = 18
XT miles = 3

Total Miles = 26.4
Total Hours = 3 hours 40 minutes

My totals for the week are 5.25 hours, and 20.3 miles.

I'm in awe of some of the hours and miles posted here. Great Job.

This week is my light week. Between going to Chicago, truck race at Daytona, and tapering for tomorrow's Breast Cancer run there were lots of reasons to not WO.

1:29 hours, 8:37 miles.

Tomorrow is the Breast Cancer Marathon in Jacksonville. This is hosted by Jeff Galloway so there will be run/walk pace groups. This is the race my group has been training for. Unfortnately I will not be running the full marathon. I had to change to the half.

My son is being sworn in to the Air Force on Sunday at the Daytona 500. The only way we can make it from Jacksonville to Daytona is to run the 1/2. He is also running the 1/2 so this will be a family race....winner takes all.

I can't think of any better excuse not to run the full marathon then to beat my son at the 1/2 and then to see him sworn in. :woohoo:

Wow, very impressive! Great job, Family!

Scuba Diver: don't forget that mileage earned during any competition gets to be doubled. So if you run a half in Jacksonville today, it will count as 26.2!

Waiting for reports from Maria (and Dennis), Corinna and Tiberius.

Wow, very impressive! Great job, Family!

Scuba Diver: don't forget that mileage earned during any competition gets to be doubled. So if you run a half in Jacksonville today, it will count as 26.2!

Waiting for reports from Maria (and Dennis), Corinna and Tiberius.

Don't be getting uppity now. You guys will be laying down soon, just like the 'hound and the hare', there is a turtle in there also somewhere. Anyway we will roll over you like bad road.:banana:

Pesky Pandapirate:

Sorry! Mine was back on page 2!

Week of 2-8-08

2/10 - Treadmill, 5.5 mi. 75 minutes
2/11 - Treadmill, 2.75 mi 45 min
2/14 - Snow Shoveling - 30 min
2/15 - Running - 3.5 mi. 38 min

Total Weekly Miles: 11.75
Total Weekly Minutes: 188 (3.13 hours)

Wow - big fall off this week. That's what two missed runs and XT squeezed out by other doo-doo will do for me, I guess. Sorry, guys. Next week is really bound to be more better.

Totals for February:
Miles: 27.25
Minutes: 667

2nd February week update:
321 minutes exercise
10.7 total miles (1.8 miles swimming and 8.9 miles running)

Hi Guys!

This was not our best week -- and next week may not be much better. We started battling the flu late Thursday, and we're still in the thick of it. I'm hoping for some good workouts next week, but it's the achy body/fever kind of flu, so we're pretty weak and a little disoriented, but I like that in a DOOM!

So, 2/9 - 2/15 --

Dennis: 4.25 miles/142 minutes (yeah for snow shoveling!)

Maria: 16.083 miles/189 minutes

Sorry I'm so late posting. I will try to do better with that next week!

Go Team Ohana!
Maria

Hi Team O'hana! WOW...you guys are doing awesome on the challenge....another great week for you....you guys push me to work harder :). Just stopping by to tell you guys how impressed I am with your mileage!!! :worship: Especially the energizer bunny girls...Deb and Christa. OMG...aren't you guys exhausted? My body is killing me with a mere 25 miles and 10 hours under my belt. How you guys put in that many hours is mucho impressive! Jim: awesome job on the marathon btw!! :thumbsup2

For those fighting off illness and injury....PD and good wishes for quick recovery! :goodvibes

Don't be getting uppity now. You guys will be laying down soon, just like the 'hound and the hare', there is a turtle in there also somewhere. Anyway we will roll over you like bad road.:banana:

Pesky Pandapirate:

Just for that, I ran 2ce on Saturday! Take that PANDA!:snooty: Had to use that b/c I did not see one sticking out it's tongue.:yay:
:goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Hi Team O'hana! WOW...you guys are doing awesome on the challenge....another great week for you....you guys push me to work harder :). Just stopping by to tell you guys how impressed I am with your mileage!!! :worship: Especially the energizer bunny girls...Deb and Christa. OMG...aren't you guys exhausted? My body is killing me with a mere 25 miles and 10 hours under my belt. How you guys put in that many hours is mucho impressive! Jim: awesome job on the marathon btw!! :thumbsup2

For those fighting off illness and injury....PD and good wishes for quick recovery! :goodvibes

AmyBeth: Thanks for the warm fuzzies! It's so nice to hear from a member of another team that DOSN'T talk trash.....unlike that pesky panda that keeps showing up! Have a great week!

Don't be getting uppity now.... Anyway we will roll over you like bad road.:banana:

Pesky Pandapirate:

OMG! That's hilarious! Not simply because you're wrong--which of course you are--but because it's such a fun way to say it. :lmao: I need to practice my down-home-isms!

Just a reminder to my teammates. We don't accept apologies on this thread, because there's nothing to apologize for! We're all doing this for ourselves and the benefits to the challenge are sooooo peripheral. We all deserve big pats on the back for doing what we can, each and every week!

And you see, we're getting them from other teams, who know just how great we are. Thank you, Amy, for your graciousness! We think of you as an honorary member of the family! (You too, Persnickety Panda!)

Speaking of honorary members, I just wanted O'hana to know I've donated my Monday run (miles and minutes) to Lily, as part of the Running for Lily thread. I'll work extra hard to make up for those miles for the team, but it just felt right to donate them. Thinking of Lily actually made what might have been a hard run just a little easier! :goodvibes

hey lovely second team (i know i'm not a member of team ohana, but i was for like a week!). You guys are storming on, we need to watch out that we don't get left behind in this competition! I also love your spirit bantering with the giant fuzzy one, it made me giggle.
Anyway bouncing back over to my team now, have a good week :goodvibes

OMG!

Speaking of honorary members, I just wanted O'hana to know I've donated my Monday run (miles and minutes) to Lily, as part of the Running for Lily thread. I'll work extra hard to make up for those miles for the team, but it just felt right to donate them. Thinking of Lily actually made what might have been a hard run just a little easier! :goodvibes

I haven't seen that thread yet, but how does it work? If we give them away, do both teams get them or do we truly "give" them away? What a wonderful gesture and nice way to let Lily know how much we care. Maybe we should all donate our Monday miles? I am perfectly willing to do so. What say you, Family? Since we still reap the training and fitness benefits, we are still winners. Let me know your thoughts on this ASAP and I will go post a "team" donation.

I haven't seen that thread yet, but how does it work? If we give them away, do both teams get them or do we truly "give" them away? What a wonderful gesture and nice way to let Lily know how much we care. Maybe we should all donate our Monday miles? I am perfectly willing to do so. What say you, Family? Since we still reap the training and fitness benefits, we are still winners. Let me know your thoughts on this ASAP and I will go post a "team" donation.

I'm not sure exactly how it works; it seems to be an ad hoc kind of thing started by Howard: http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1724033
Some people seem to be running in her name, others donating miles only, others both miles and minutes. I think it's whatever you're comfortable with???:confused3

I decided to dedicate the run portion of my WO because it kind of struck a balance between showing Lily I was thinking of her--as my Monday run is my most difficult part of my program--and my "obligations" to the team. I know that Robert and Linda have given miles to Lily, too.

How would you like to handle this, Jeanne?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter