tell me about concierge

LOLA2

TINK<br><font color=9966ff> I never heard of not t
Can you tell me more about rooms with concierge. I am not sure if it is worth the points since I have never had it.

To me it is not worth the points. But we do stay club level sometimes and pay cash. If you have APs, you can sometimes get AP rates.

Anyway, it is pleasant. All the concierge lounges serve a continental breakfast and have some sort of early afternoon snack. Hours of the daytime snacks vary by resort as do the offerings.

From 5-7, there are appetizers and drinks including beer and wine. From 8-10, there are desserts and cordials.

There is a seperate concierge staff to do the same things that lobby concierge does....make reservations, print boarding passes, etc. Normally you check in there sitting at a desk instead of standing in line in the lobby.

Lots of people love the fact that the concierge will make your reservations for you. You can send them a list and they will take care of it. This is especially helpful for something like CRT or V&A Chef's Table, fireworks cruises, etc..

For most dining reservations, I prefer to make them myself but many people love that aspect of concierge service.

Toiletries are usually a bit more extensive...a toothbrush and baby tube of toothpaste, etc.

Oh and packages are delivered to your room instead of the gift shop just like the old days. A small but very nice perk.

I was disappointed. Stayed AKL Concierge, wasn't worth the extra points used.Now on the cruise ,that is a different animal all together:cool1:

We've stayed at the Grand Californian and the Grand Floridian, both concierge level. We've loved the added perks! Continental breakfast for our family. Soda when we go back to swim in the afternoons. Special tours we would have never known about otherwise. Evening treats after the fireworks (view of the fireworks from our room!). Just little things like that which make concierge level extra special. Last time at the GF, Joe gave my hubby a cast member Disney pin just because! You have to love special touches like that.

We've taken 2 Disney cruises in Concierge level suites, too! That is a whole different story! Would do that again and again (just did it last month!). Don't tell my hubby I'm already planning for '08!;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter