Tell me about Crockett's Tavern

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
I don't hear much about this place. Is it open? If so, what are it's hours? Does it serve food or just drinks? It seems last time I went by, I saw rocking chairs outside it. Can you have a drink out there?

Not sure of the exact hours, but it is open evenings. I have enjoyed a beer on the rocking chairs, and a lot of people do that just before dinner at Trail's End. You can get pizza there, but the food is mainly at Trail's End or the Hoop De Doo.:D

We love Crockett's Tavern! You can get a drink and either sit inside (if it's raining or you want a break from the crowds) or you can take your drink outside to the rocking chairs, where you can sit and watch the people walk by!

One year dh took a big black rubber spider and tied a long fishing line to it. He hung it over a big branch that hung over the walkway in front of the Tavern. We sat in the rocking chairs, and when people would walk by, he'd drop the spider down in front of them! LOL! It was so funny! People would have no idea where it came from, because they couldn't see the fishing line!

The servers and customers inside Trail's End were all pressed up against the windows watching and laughing!

We were just there. Basically it is part of the building that Trail's End is in. It has a full service bar and limited "bar menu". I don't think seating is for much more than 50 (tables are set up for 4 and pushed together for larger groups). There is a TV over the bar and one in the back of the Tavern. Anything can be ordered "to go." I've seen people on the "front porch" eating as well as sitting in the rocking chairs with their beverage.

If I can remember correctly, the menu is something like

Pizza by the slice or whole ... eat in or take-out
Nachos
Spinich Dip & chips
etc.

The write-up in the Ft. Wilderness Gazette that you get at check-in says:

Crockett's Tavern
Serves Up the Best Drinks in the Wilderness
Located right smack dab in the middle of the settlement next to Traiil's End Restaurant. Appetizers and pizza are also available. Serving 4:00 pm - 10:00 pm

It is a nice atmosphere and is a great way to unwind in the evening without spending a fortune.

It is a nice atmosphere and is a great way to unwind in the evening without spending a fortune.
Well, as long as you don't drink too much. I got the DW a frozen drink in one of those boot glasses that you get to keep and the DD a frozen virgin drink and I think it cost me about $17 with tip. Beer is about $5.

But I agree it's nice to sit out on the porch. I just do most my drinking back at the campsite out of the cooler where the beer is ice cold and about 70 cents each.

We love to get everyone in the famiy a frozen drink from the bar and then sit out and rock on the porch while we enjoy them.

Yes, you're right about not drinking too much if you want to keep costs down. We also keep our cooler stocked with our favorite beverage and will have one prior to heading out for dinner when we are using WDW transport.

If you're down there for pizza/food and want to keep expenses down -- ice water is free!!!

They were so nice to us there. We got a little lost in FW on our first night at the cabins (arrived late & check in with 3 people ahead of us and 2 CMs took 30 minutes) and finally got up there just as everything was closing. The manager told us to sit & relax & made sure they stayed open long enough to feed us. That was a wonderful pizza. :)

Next time we'll be sure to have frozen drinks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter