Tell me about DL in the summer-DS is interning there!

Simba's Mom

<font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha
Help! We just found out that DS got a summer entertainment internship at DL in California. No one in our family's ever been there, so I know nothing about it-weather, where to stay, which airport, how to get to hotel from airport (and which hotel was that?) Any help would be appreciated.

The closest airport to Disneyland is John Wayne in Santa Ana (SNA). They have a few different shuttles though I have never used them.
Here is a map of the Disneyland resort and surrounding hotels / motels. You do not need to stay at a Disney resort to be close but if you want to spend the money the Grand Califronian Hotel and Disneyland Hotel are both great.
http://www.beachcalifornia.com/dlmp.html
I generally stay at the Howard Johnson and like it a lot. Other great - good places are
The Candy Cane Inn (not listed on the map but it is there) www.candycaneinn.net
The Park Inn
The Best Westenr Park Place Inn
The Carousel Inn

All of these are an easy walk to the gates of the parks and cost less than the Disney hotels.

The weather will be anywhere between the mid 70's to the mid 90's in the summer.

You'll be pleasantly surprised at how nice So Cal is in the summer. No rain (usually), sunny, and DL usually gets a nice breeze off the ocean. It won't be at all like Orlando! I'll add a vote for the Candy Cane Inn - and of course the Disney hotels are wonderful - but pricey! If you want to check prices for different airports, you can try LAX as well. Have fun!

Check Ontario (California, not Canada) for airport as well. It is as close as LAX and can be significantly cheaper from some areas. Also, Long Beach airport.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter