Tell me about Jiko

Shardiva

"Sing. Sing a song. Make it simple to last your
OK! My DH and I finally decided to PS at Jiko for our 2nd anniversary. :love2: The place looked amazing on the Food Network Wedding special and we love different and unique food. :goodvibes
Now, the question that I have is where can I find a review? :confused3 If anyone reading this has a review, please feel free to write about it. There are just too many great places to eat in Disney!!:earseek:

Thanks a bunch!!

Shardiva

<b>LOVE IT!!!!!!</b> and can't wait to go back again!! We discovered this place last month...just me and my 5 yr old dd and she loved it. It has a very relaxing almost "romantic" atmosphere (definitely bringing dh there next trip!!) with delicious and authentic food. Yet, picky dd love the kid's salad and the grilled cheese!

You will be happy with your choice here, perfect for celebrating an anniversary.

We had a seat by the window which is right by a pond area. We were watching the ducks swim (and the rain hit the water), but it was really beautiful. Our server was very helpful and attentive.

I actually had 2 appetizers instead of an entree. I had the Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion Salad - with organic arugula, cottage cheese and watermelon vinaigrette--YUMMY!! SO EXCELLENT and so hard to describe!! And I had the Roasted Tomato and Spinach Flatbread - with manchego cheese and cilantro yogurt drizzle--yes a little tomatoed out but didn't seem that way! If dh accompanies us next time I will DEFINITELY try an entree. I had dd's potatoes which were delicious.

This is one of our new TO DO's!! <a href="http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_jiko.htm">CLICK HERE</a> to check out the menu and at the top of the page there will be a link for a review so check it out!

Thanks for the info! It's nice to see another Philly folk on the board! Have fun at the Swan!

Shardiva

We always go to JIko during each trip--and will dine there again in Oct.
If you do, ask for Ron or Michelle as your server--both are top-notch.
Oh--I can personally recommend the berber Braised Lamb Shank. YUM!!

We went for the fist time last year and it was one of the best meals I've had at WDW. I had the kalamata olive flat bread (amazing!) and DH had cinnamon spiced beef rolls (great). We both had the filet with mac and cheese and it was incredible! The mac and cheese was just delicious! The filet was fork tender. We enjoyed a wonderful bottle of South African wine and our DD (3) had a great time just quietly playing in the booth with us. For dessert we had the sampler and again, it was fantastic. I highly recommend Jiko!

Erin :D

Jiko is at the very top of our list for places to eat at WDW. In addition to the super food, the wine list is wonderful. It is all South African wines, many of which are not available anywhere else in the US. A truly wonderful place.

DH and I ate at Jiko for the first time on our Honeymoon last September - it was AMAZING! We had Michelle as our server and she just made it a really special meal for us.

We were seated at the window near the pond - amazing view, very romantic. I know we started with the 'tastes of africa'...3 dipping sauces and flatbreads, for entrees I had the Chermoula Roasted Chicken and I believe DH had the monkfish - both were EXCELLENT! We were too full for dessert...but Michelle sprinkled some pixie dust and brought us out a pistachio creme brulee - I don't like creme brulee at all - but this was to DIE for!

We also ate at Jiko after the sunset safari (available to concierge guests - HIGHLY recommend this!) and we got to try a little bit of EVERYTHING on the menu. The filet/mac&cheese was fantastic! My favorite appetizer was the Crispy Cinnamon Spiced Beef Roll.

Also - for desserts, the beggars purses were delicious! One of the desserts, I think some apple thingie, was served with goat cheese ice cream..I'm sorry, but it was the most disgusting thing I ever put in my mouth. heheh (just not my style) however, from looking at the menu at allearsnet, looks like it comes with vanilla ice cream now! also - get a pressed pot of coffee with dessert - so fantastic. I can't say enough good things about this place!

if you like wines, definetly do a pairing with dinner! (also - i had a GREAT apple martini there!)

here's the menu - enjoy!
http://www.allearsnet.com/menu/menu_jiko.htm

We love it...we go early to enjoy a drink at the bar before hand.

The food is excellent, great wine selection.

Very nice place to spend anniversary...very relaxing dinner.

Hands down are favorite restaurant at WDW, can't wait till we are back there, just 2 1/2 months to go.

A great place! Great atmosphere, service and food.

I love the monkfish. It's a different fish in some unexplainable ways but very tender and mild. My daughter loves the peanut butter with celery, carrots and apples...
pirate:

Thanks for the info! Glad to hear your DD loved it also, that was my concern, I am bringing my DD-5 and DS-3 and held off on making PS because I wasn't sure if they would enjoy the menu.

I am off to call right now! Thanks again!

We are also from Philly!

:wave2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter