Tell me about June in Disney

We went the second week of June in 2010, and it was great for most of us. The parks were not that crowded at all (I know things have changed since then, but that was our experience). I'm from SC, so I'm used to the heat and most of the 6 of us were fine. The only person the heat bothered was my Mother-in-Law, who had dealt with cancer the summer before, and she stopped tolerating the heat after that. Since the parks were open so late that week we were there, we took a break every day and then hung in the parks until closing.

Expect heat and a torrential downpour every afternoon. Mornings and evenings are nice. Just plan early dinners or indoor things (shows, Pirates League, etc.) in the middle of the day and you will be ok. It's not my favorite... but Disney in June is better than no Disney at all... and sometimes it's nice to take a bit more time without having to worry about the kids missing school.

Our first trip as a family was in early June. We all said, "NEVER again." We've been going in October ever since, which can be hot, but not melt-your-face-off hot. We're from Kentucky, so we get the humidity, but that sun is unrelenting...and when you're standing in an unshaded line, or waiting on a parade, it is beyond miserable.
Agreed!

We went the first week in June this year and are returning again next year same week. It is definitely still very hot and the crowds were average.

Went same week and agree although our first day in Magic Kingdom was busier than us or TP expected. I live in Georgia and it still took some getting used to sweating like crazy at the bus stop at 7:15 AM.

We go late May/early June and we love it. Yes, it is hot and humid, but it isn't horrible. Drink a lot of water and then drink more water. We take breaks in the afternoon even though we are 2 adults and 2 older teenagers. We have done 2 November trips and ended up with cooler weather and it just didn't feel right.

We go late May/early June and we love it. Yes, it is hot and humid, but it isn't horrible. Drink a lot of water and then drink more water. We take breaks in the afternoon even though we are 2 adults and 2 older teenagers. We have done 2 November trips and ended up with cooler weather and it just didn't feel right.
Same here. We've done late May/early June for thirteen straight years. It can get pretty hot, but it's manageable with mid-day breaks and following the usual beat-the-heat remedies. There's usually an afternoon/evening thunderstorm (no big deal, carry on). It's usually somewhat crowded but that's also manageable. I have no problem with June.

It's hotter than holy blazes. And humid. And miserable. June-September fall in the NEVER AGAIN category for us. It's not worth it (for us).

The weather at Disney is very similar to the weather here at home (eastern NC) during the summer months (June-September and even into October when summer just doesn't want to quit). I personally find June more tolerable, even if it is hot and humid. July and August are the most wretched months for heat and humidity IMO. September starts to cool down slightly from the July-August "dog days", but is probably about even with June in terms of heat and humidity...at least early September is.

It can be hot enough to sweat at Disney during almost any month, with January and February probably being the months you can most rely on cooler temps. I've been in March/April (end of March through first week of April), December (16-20), and June (last week of the month), and June was without question the most consistently hot and humid. I wore shorts and t-shirts during the day on all three trips, but in March/April and December, I could wear jeans and a t-shirt at night and be comfortable. Swam and enjoyed the refreshing pool during every trip.

The weather at Disney is very similar to the weather here at home (eastern NC) during the summer months (June-September and even into October when summer just doesn't want to quit). .

I was going to say exactly the same thing. We have been going in June or July for the past several trips and will be going in July next year. It will be hot and humid, but it will be that way at home too. If it is going to be 80 degrees when I wake up anyway, I might as well be at Disney. We hit the parks early and late and drink lots of water.

We had to switch to summers and Xmas holiday times to go to WDW due to our children's school schedules. Been there in August, July and June. Mid to late June is our preferred time. Yes, it can be hot and humid and rainy, but for some reason, doesn't seem as bad as July and August. It also helped they were teenagers. (their bdays are also in June!) Since the parks are open late, with the exception of a few RD early mornings, we slept in, lounged at the pool in the early afternoon, scheduled late lunches/early dinners in the park, and did our touring during the cooler evening/night hours. Christmas holiday is jam packed, but with the later park hours and everything usually running full-tilt, we feel it gives us more flexibility.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter