Tell me ONE thing you do every trip!

Eat: At any place I haven’t been before. And at every restaurant and QS the Disney hotel has that I’m staying at, at least once while on site.

Drink: Joffrey’s

Ride: Space Mountain

Misc: Shop shop shop!

Schedule: A pool day before day of departure

Eat: At any place I haven’t been before. And at every restaurant and QS the Disney hotel has that I’m staying at, at least once while on site.

Drink: Joffrey’s

Ride: Space Mountain

Misc: Shop shop shop!

Schedule: A pool day before day of departure
We also enjoy a pool day, we do ours in the middle. Parks 2 days. Pool day then parks 2 days. But a pool day is very underrated at Disney. With all the go go go it’s fun to look forward to a relaxing day by the pool

Our final ride is pirates followed by a dole whip. We actually were there the day it reopened in 2015 after that lengthy refurb and ran onto pirates as it was reopening for a soft open to keep the tradition going. Then we go back to the hotel, finish packing, head to DS for dinner (past 3 trips it’s been homecoming so that is the tradition now and we aren’t ending that either). We then do final shopping, head back to the hotel, ship what we have to ship and then head to bed as we usually have a somewhat early flight the next morning.
We shockingly don’t have this tradition for UOR and I think that’s because we usually do one or two days there a trip. And the most recent time we did stay on property and had such a horrible experience we really couldn’t even come up with a traditionalist. And Williamsburg we always end with breakfast at Mama Steve’s (praying it’s still there it was last I checked) so we really don’t have a final theme park thing).

I have no clue if we will continue this pirates and dole whip tradition in Disneyland come august but someone send me a reminder to tell this thread!

Take boat transportation around to various resorts. At some point during every trip, I like to leave a park, or head to a park (or both), by taking boat transportation, preferably where I can sit outside. I find boat rides to be a much more relaxing, kicked back way of getting around, and I get to mix in enjoying the various theming of different resort hotels even when I'm not staying there. If I'm staying at Saratoga Springs DVC for example...I'll start one day by walking to Disney Springs and taking the boat transportation to Port Orleans French Quarter or Riverside, walking through there before hopping a bus to Animal Kingdom from there. Another day, I will walk to Disney Springs, take the bus over to Wilderness Lodge, and then take the boat into Magic Kingdom. On an Epcot day, I may hop the Saratoga bus to Hollywood Studios, just to walk over to the boat to Boardwalk...then walk into Epcot from there. On Hollywood Studios day, I'll walk over to Disney Springs, catch the bus to Boardwalk, then take the boat over to DHS. Ditto for the way home from parks - I'll usually favor a route that takes me on a boat to decompress my day.

Each trip would purchase a pin and attach it to my military camelback. After about 50 or so there was no more room so now I let my niece give a pin away to anyone who comments. I have been using this method as a way of teaching her that it feels good to give things away take away the focus of "me" oriented thinking.

Also having a camelback full of ice during a hot summer day feels amazing =)

Each and every trip, I stand on the bridge leading to Epcot from BWV/BCV/YC/Swan & Dolphin area, take a deep breath and say thanks for the privilege of being able to come to Disney World many times. Those trips have literally been a breath fresh air through stressful times for years.

Earl of Sandwich lunch/dinner on arrival day depending on what time I get to WDW. It was something my family did when I was a kid and I do it now as an adult. It gets my hyped for the upcoming vacation. I also immediately buy the refillable cup the second I arrive at the resort and jump in the pool while waiting for my room to be ready.

For MK, grab a coffee or snack and hop on the Peoplemover. Must do every time I go, it's not negotiable LOL

I make it a tradition to buy a mug each time I visit. My mug cabinet is overrun with Disney mugs and barely anything else. I was so disappointed on my last trip in February as they had a very limited selection.

Someone else said Geyser Point and I agree. Even if I'm not staying at Wilderness Lodge, I will take the boat over from MK. I love grabbing a beer and enjoying the peaceful view of the lagoon.

Based on my most recent trips:

Blaze Pizza and Boathouse in Disney Springs.
Sit around the fire pit in the lobby at the AKL
Take the ferry from the TTC to the Magic Kingdom so I can experience the view opening up like Walt intended.
Give thanks every day that I'm fortunate enough to be there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter