• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

tent camping in OCT.--need advice

wendyandpeter

Earning My Ears
We have res. for a FW partial hookup site in mid October. We have been to Disney 5 times and this is the first camping. We have 2 children ages 8 and 10. Where is a quieter place to camp and not as far to walk? I need all the help I can get and any other advice to make this an enjoyable stay!
Thanks
Wendy

Dixie Landings 94
All Star Music 96
All Star Music 98
Contemporary 00
All Star Music 02

Hi,

Partial hookup sites are on loops 1500 and 2000. Loop 1500 will put you a bit closer to the Meadows Trading Post, campfire, Bike Barn and main swimming pool. Loop 2000 is a bit further out but more quiet. You can check out a map of FW here...

http://home.hiwaay.net/~jlspence/fwmapnew.jpg

We love tent camping at FW. Our kids are now almost-11 and 8 and they absolutely love the resort. We'll be checking in a week from today! Can't wait!

Have a great time.

We tent camped at FW at the beginning of October 2002. We requested loop 1500 and loved it! We were at site 1503 which was behind the bus stop. It took a few nights to get used to the buses passing while you are trying to sleep. We were right next to the Comfort Station which was great with a 2 and 4 year old. At loop 1500 they have a sand pit with tetherball at the front of the loop the kids loved hanging out there. Loop 1500 is so close to the pool if you will be spending lots of time there then request the 1500 loop. It is a short walk across the bridge. Also close to meadows trading post and campfire and movie. You could also request to be away from the road if you want quiet.

Thanks for the information....that is what I wanted to know about. I usually bring a white noise maker anywhere we go so we can sleep better as I am such a light sleeper.

We will be at FW from October 12-17th, 2003...it would be kind of fun to meet up there!! Since this is our second trip this year and we stayed 10 days in January, we aren't going to get too excited about going to the parks every minute. We got season passes for January since we were staying so long and thought we would come again one more time before they expire.

Do you ask for the specific area you want when you make your reservations? I know they always say they can't guarantee anything.

Thanks!!
Wendy (AKA Carmen)

I had site 1503 in December!! That is a great site!! Being right next to the comfort station is wornderful!!!

I didn't use the internal buses because I had a scooter for internal FW transportation, but it is centrally located in the campground and it is right across from the meadows bridge!!

Great location!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter