Tepan Edo or Marrakesh

airplane

DIS Veteran
We are a group of seven. Three kids 4,8,9. Not picky eaters. We are on dining plan. I have a garden grill ADR for 12 o’clock. I have a Tepan Edo ADR for 4:30. Marrakesh is wide-open So I could choose a more suitable time. Pros and cons of each?
Thanks!

Definitely go for Tepan Edo. I think the 2 ADRs are too close together. I would recommend pushing the Tepan Edo ADR back to at least 6:00 PM

I can only say that our family really enjoys Teppan Edo and it is the one restaurant we return to every trip. The food isn't much (if any) better than your local Hibachi place, but it is good and consistent and the show if pretty fun. Haven't been to Marrakesh.

I would vote Marrakesh, but only because we have hibachi readily available at home. If it's not something you can get locally, either one is a good choice.

My vote is to Teppan Edo, especially if you haven't gone to a hibachi restaurant before. Marrakesh has belly dancing which is entertaining for adults and young girls, young boys?????.

The only two places on Disney property that ever disappointed us were Morimoto Asia and Marrakesh. The latter having the most bland and uninspired dishes I've ever tasted.

Teppan Edo is your winner.

I vote for Teppan Edo. The food is good (I like it better than local places in my home town). Plus kids love watching the chefs cook. My son loved it there.

FYI a 12pm GG ADR plus 430pm at Teppan Edo simply wont work. Sorry but I doubt your group will be ready to eat around 430pm. I'd make a much later ADR to be honest....630-7pm.

Last edited:
My opinion of Teppan Edo is meh at best, it's not any better than the style restaurants at home (and actually I thought it was less entertaining than the ones we have at home).

I like the ambience of marrakesh, but pretty sure what I ate did not sit well so it's a one and done for me.

Spice Road Table is where I'd choose if I absolutely wanted a sit down with a noon lunch

Teppan Edo! We love that place! It is always our go to at Epcot.

Also, if they are too close together for you you could try switching them for better times too. Teppan Edo is now open for lunch as well.

thanks for the replies. I am constantly trying to get japan for later in the night with no luck yet. However I did just get a storybook dining ADR in two weeks for a party of seven so if I got that I’m sure there’s still hope for this!

Neither! I do like Teppan Edo, but like it has been previously mentioned, its not really any different that a local hibachi restaurant. When Im at Disney I like to go somewhere I cant find at home....either character dining or a place like Germany/France/UK. I will also say 9 Dragons is 1000x better than anything I can get at home. I wouldnt rule them our either, if you like Chinese. Mexican is my #1 favorite and will always be my top pick.

As for Marrakesh, the menu did not appeal to me. I played it safe and went for a steak. I didnt like it. Strange spices/flavor. Spice Road Table is much better, but still not close to a top pick for me in Epcot.

As other said, cancel the 4:30 dinner. You wont be out of GG until after 1pm, very full and no way hungry for another full meal 3 hours later.

My favorite part about hibachi is the fried rice, which they don't serve at Tepan Edo since it's not authentic. The food is your typical local hibachi place, if you have those around your house I wouldn't go in the park. I've had amazing food at Marrakesh and it's fun to watch the belly dancer. If you do decide to go to Tepan Edo don't go at 4:30. There is no way after your 12pm lunch you'll be hungry.

I'm in agreement with others saying that your not going to be hungry by that time. Try looking for a later reservation and I'd advise against Teppan Edo. Tried it once this past year and that was enough for me to try another place next visit. It's not that it's bad food, but that you can go to any local hibachi near you and probably get almost the same exact experience. We all felt like we burned our dining credit this trip. Glad we tried it, but probably will skip it from now on.

We really enjoy Restaurant Marrakesh. I'd be inclined to go there since you can book it later, having an early dinner after a lunch like that you're probably going to be pretty full still.

thanks for the replies. I am constantly trying to get japan for later in the night with no luck yet. However I did just get a storybook dining ADR in two weeks for a party of seven so if I got that I’m sure there’s still hope for this!

Maybe look for a reservation at Tokyo Dining as well as it's also good though a different regional cuisine than TE. The first time my traveling kiddos went there the youngest was 7 or 8 and it has become a cherished return to.

I would go with Marakesh personally, very good food if you are a little adventerous, do not get scared off by the spices they use though, the food is not hot in terms of spice, but it is flavorful.

Marrekesh. Teppan Edo is your standard Beni hana restaurant. We have those close to us at home. We have as good or better at home. Marrekesh is a totally different experience and really enjoyed the food.

I think Marrakech is underrated but like most Disney restaurants the food is kind of middle of the road. Worth a try just for ambiance and entertainment.

Haven’t been to teppan edo. hibachi is always fun but like others have said it’s not a very unique experience

If you can't move your Teppan Edo reservation to a later time, then maybe move your GG reservation up to a semi-late breakfast. We have several days where we have a 10 am breakfast ADR and then a 5:30 or so dinner reservation. No way will you be even remotely hungry enough for Teppan Edo at 4:30 after GG for lunch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter