Teppanyaki dinner 8/14/06

shondad

Lovin' that place called DISNEYWORLD!!!
This was our first visit to Epcot. We had a 615pm ADR, which I tried to change, but they had no other times available (I was told by the Pop concierge, that that is a very hard ADR to get). We arrived on time and waited about 30 mins, it was crowded and they were turning people away, directing them to either the Tempura place or the Sushi place, which does not take reservations, but operate on first come, first served basis. We dined with a very nice family from Chicago, which we would meet up with again (boy what a coincidence).

Our Chef was named Masa. We enjoyed him, not overly talkative, but more than adequate.

I had the salad with ginger drsg (which I liked), shrimp and scallops, and ginger cake for dessert, everything was pretty good, although I did not eat much of my cake. The scallops were very good, succulent. DH had the seaweed for his appetizer (we all had a sample, and he liked it so much, he had to have more), and for his meal the shrimp and steak (med well), ice cream for dessert. He liked his food. DS had the garden salad (which he ate very little of) and most of DH's seaweed, which he called "noodles", for his meal he had the children's shrimp, and ice cream for dessert, he ate well, and said he liked it. My DD had (no appetizer) the kid's shrimp as well, and the ice cream, she liked her food as well.

My overall impressions, it was different, I had never been to a Japanese (Benihana) type of restaurant before, it was interesting, interactive. The food was seasoned with soy sauce and salt/pepper, just wasn't what I had my mind on, I mistakenly thought it would rival the stir fried flavor of chinese food (I know, two different cuisines, but, that is what I thought). Would I go back? Probably, but many trips down the line. Although I think everyone should try it at least once, if they haven't.

FYI, they suggest having the children sit on the ends of the tables, as obviously they get pretty doggone hot.

Enjoyed reading your report ~ Thanx for sharing.

Thanks! It's in our plans to go to Teppanyaki on Oct 25 (but I'm trying to change the time right now with any luck...

Kiddeokee said:
Thanks! It's in our plans to go to Teppanyaki on Oct 25 (but I'm trying to change the time right now with any luck...
Good luck, it could happen! Do enjoy whenever you go.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter