test cakes

zurgswife

WDW is my Shangrala...and I'm going...life is bett
Test cakes

Momma Rabbit said:
This is a pic of a b-day cake I bought my husband at the boardwalk bakery. I thought it was pretty cute.
bdaycake.jpg

This cake was purchased for DD while dining at 1900 Park Fare.
9.jpg

Test cake 2

Snurk71 said:
Here is a cake from the GF bakery. I think it was an 8" cake that said it would feed 8 (easily), $40 delivered to the room.

Birthday%20cake%20and%20presents%2012-4-04.JPG

Test Cake 3

Snurk71 said:
And here is a Mickey cake from the GF Bakery (same $40 delivered to the room). This one was hand-piped (a little different from the one above from the Boardwalk Bakery).

GF%20-%20Cathyqus%20birthday%20cake%203%2012-4-02.JPG

Test cake 4

dphie28 said:
We had 2 bdays on our trip last week. I ordered cakes using the numbers Disney Dining gave me for the respective restaurants. On 7/4 we had a wonderful cake from Ohana and on 7/8 we got the 2nd cake at Sci Fi. Both were DELICIOUS and HUGE! They said they would serve 8 people and we all had huge slices and had over half a cake remaining.

Ohana's Cake (with edible chocolate Mickey's and Mickey sprinkles around the outside).
DSCN0066.jpg

Sci Fi with a smooth fudge icing- YUM!!! We were too full to eat it after lunch so they sent it over to Pizza Planet where we planned to have dinner for no extra charge!
DSCN0055.jpg

Test cake 5
ordered the mini-castle cake from the GF bakery last week for my family. it was only $25. it's tiny but after a big dinner it was just enough for the 5 of us. plus we were able to hit the MK and do all the rides not feeling over stuffed!

detail

test cake 6

From Misatroo

bday brownie
9802vacation05_024.jpg

AKL bday
9802vacation05_219.jpg

AKL zebra strips bday
9802aklcake1.jpg

Bday biergarten
9802vacation05_063.jpg

Cake 7

newchic99 said:
We had our birthday celebration at Mama Melrose. I called the restaurant 1 week early. I had ordered the 6 inch cake that served 4 for $12.50. However , they forgot about it. They went to the Brown Derby after we got there to get one. The one we got was larger. We shared with the next table and they passed it on to the next table. We did only pay $12.50 though. The cake was very good. I ordered vanilla. Here is a pic of my friend with her cake.
FH000014.jpg

cake 9

Cendrillon said:
We celebrated my sister's 21st birthday last week (Sept. 6th) at the MK. We had no reservations for lunch and ended up going to Tony's Town Square and were very pleasantly surprised. We told the hostess when we requested a table that we were celebrating a birthday and they told us to sit for a moment while they prepared a table. A minute later, they ushered us to a nice table in the atrium area that was well decorated with Mickey shaped confetti and streamers. And for dessert, instead of the usual cupcake, they brought her a huge sundae of vanilla gelato with a chocolate shell and crispy topping (I didn't get a chance to try the topping but I was told that it was nuts, not peanuts, and crushed cookies, like amaretti). That sundae was one of my Mom's favorite desserts on the entire trip and we had a LOT of amazing desserts.

At 'Ohana that evening, my sister received the usual Mickey cupcake. It was pretty and nice, but not particularly as tasty or impressive as the sundae. To finish off the day, we had ordered one of the tiny Cinderella Castle cakes (from Grand Floridian bakery) and a plate of tuxedo strawberries to be delivered to our room at the Poly. We knew that we wouldn't be able to eat a whole regular cake, so the tiny cake was perfect and the bakery did a stunning job with it. It was chocolate cake with a white chocolate mousse between the layers and then white icing with a white chocolate castle. They placed a thin white sheet of parchment in front of it that looked like a scroll and wrote Happy Birthday in beautiful chocolate script.

Originally we had wanted to order a Tigger cake, but were told that it would cost $50 for the cake and another $20 or so for custom decorations. So buying the tiny but impressive looking castle cake for $25 turned out to be a great alternative.

CIMG1247.jpg

cake 10

Here is a link to one I ordered from the GF at 1900 Park Fair in 2004

56092Hal_s2bday_WDW_020-med.jpg

Cake 11

Ash aka sky said:
f1e6e0a5.jpg

My daughters first birthday cake and card at the Crystal Palcae... the CM's (esp Piglet) made it an excellent party for her.

The cake cost $13 we did not pre-order we just mentioned it at check in. The cake was supposed to be 6 inches but it was plenty for 8 of us.

Ash

Cake 12

lillygator said:
ok here's DD's cake and slipper....they did not put the pop on the cake as discussed...

47b5cf25b3127cce9541c183a87f00000016108AbtW7Zm0atF

47b5cf25b3127cce9541c192295e00000016108AbtW7Zm0atF

I will say the cake was AWESOME!! It had custard and strawberry filling and was vanilla cake...it was better than my $2k wedding cake and well worth the money....unfortunately it was half wasted.

My pics did not turn out so hot...hopefully my mom got better ones.

Cake 13

lillygator said:
ok here's DD's cake and slipper....they did not put the pop on the cake as discussed...

47b5cf25b3127cce9541c183a87f00000016108AbtW7Zm0atF

47b5cf25b3127cce9541c192295e00000016108AbtW7Zm0atF

I will say the cake was AWESOME!! It had custard and strawberry filling and was vanilla cake...it was better than my $2k wedding cake and well worth the money....unfortunately it was half wasted.

My pics did not turn out so hot...hopefully my mom got better ones.

Cake 14

Mickey4me! said:
We just returned from WDW where we celebrated DH's 50th bday. I wanted to have a cake delivered to the room (we stayed at BWV) and had a heck of a time finding out how to make it happen. I called DVC, who had me call BWV who had me call Boardwalk Bakery who had me call Room Service! They were very helpful and I gave them the time and date I wanted it delivered. They had two sizes and and I opted for the larger one. I also had a choice of chocolate with choc. mousse or vanilla cake with white choc. mouse. Not sure how much it was as I gave them my CC over the phone. Shortly after we checked in, I got a call on my cell from Diane in room service asking if we had checked in and confirming my room number. The cake was delivered that evening at the specified time and was a big hit. It was presented on a large serving tray with party hats and horns, a cake server and plates, forks and napkins. They also included a candle and book of matches. Here's a pic:
95838Bday_cake.jpg

Last year we were staying at the WLV for DH's birthday and had reserved the Wishes B'day cruise for his "big" day. This is the cake that came with the cruise. Again, I had choices and the lady from speciality dining called me prior to the cruise to discuss my options.
95838100_0396-med.JPG

Both cakes were very yummy!

Cake 15

shelton463 said:
This is the anniversary cake I ordered for my in-laws at Whispering Canyon Cafe. I was given the option of a standard chocolate cake with white icing for $12.95 or a 6" custom made one for $20. I chose the custom made and selected chocolate cake with chocolate mousse filling and buttercream icing. I could have opted for other cake flavors (white, marble, etc.) or a raspberry filling instead of chocolate mousse, and the icing options were buttercream, whipped cream, ganache, or chocolate icing. It was one of the most delicious cakes I've EVER tasted, and I'm a sweets-loving, cake-eating kinda girl :rotfl2: It was almost more like a torte actually. There were 4 layers of cake alternating with 3 layers of mousse between them and a nice thick layer of icing on top & sides :earseek: The buttercream was awesome...not too sweet, not gritty/sugary and really smooth & creamy. I would highly recommend ordering a cake from WCC if you're celebrating a special occasion there! We had 4 adults and 2 kids, and the 6" cake was plenty big enough. We ate a little more than 1/2 of it there and they gladly put the leftovers into a box for us.
anniversarycake-1-1.jpg

Cake 16

foxfire said:

**Not meaning to highjack the b'day cake thread with an anniversary cake pic but just replying to the OP's comment about it.**

My parents celebrated their 60th anniversary on our trip last month and this is the cake we had made for them at the GF bakery. I had seen a picture of a cake like this in someone's trip report and loved it. They were kind enough to give me the information for ordering it. The cake was a big surprise and a huge hit. Our server brought it out at the end of our dinner at the GF Cafe.
DSCF0263.jpg

Cake 17

foxfire said:
Have you seen the cake that has Cinderella's castle on top? I think it is maybe $25 and it might make a nice anniversary cake.
castlecakejpg.jpg

Cake 19

JennInTN said:
Here's mine from last November at the WL. It was the BEST cake I've ever had. White cake, white chocolate frosting. So moist it melted in our mouths. Very, very rich. The raspberries and blackberries used were sweet and juicy. It was AMAZING. Can you tell I loved it? :thumbsup2

IMG_2299.jpg

Cake 20

makinorlando said:
We celebrated my DD9 birthday at 1900 Park Fare for "brunch" today and had a WONDERFUL time.

We had 11am ADRs, and the other family that joined us was running a little late, so we were some of the last folks in the restaurant at the end of our meal.

The food was very good - there are some many options, I didn't scratch the surface in trying it all.

The characters were the best ever (this is our 6th character meal in 6 weeks) and visited our table multiple times, and were very playful (I had goodie bags for the two girls, and the characters had fun with the "stuff"). Pooh was throwing confetti, Eeyore was trying to steal the cake, Alice tried on a tiara, and the Mad Hatter, well he was just plain silly. Mary was out in the lobby and we visited her three separate times and had very nice conversations with her.

I ordered a choc cake (choc cake, choc mousse like filling, choc icing) and it was a choc lovers dream. The decorations were a choc rose and leaves, and a white choc scroll like adornment with the birthday message.The gave both girls gold jeweled Happy Birthday tiaras. The Mad Hatter sang.

Here is the cake. It was $25.00 (- 20% with my DDE card). "Brunch for two kids, 3 adults, cake and tip (I tip what I saved with the DDE card), was $108.00.
Tara9Birthday21.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter