Test Track singles line

MickeyMonstersMom

DIS Veteran
I'm heading out for my first solo in ten days - yay! I figure this is a great opportunity to try Test Track because I can take advantage of the singles line. I plan to be at Epcot well before opening (but will be buying a One Day pass at the gate and may be delayed) and Test Track is first on my list.

I'm curious if anyone has noticed any effect Mission Space has had on Test Track lines - if most people are heading for the new headliner and freeing up line space at TT. Also, will that even matter if I plan to use the singles line anyway? I'm somewhat concerned because this is the week before Easter and a lot of schools are out on Spring Break - I've heard that high crowds can lead to vicious waits even in the Singles line.

Can anyone who's used the Singles line give me some input - warning - reassurance? It would be most appreciated!

The lines at Test Track are still very long, and the Fast Passes still "sell out" early. When I was there in December, the Fast Passes were usually gone by 3:00 or 4:00. Even the singles line had at least a 20 minute wait when I was there.

What I usually do, is head directly to Test Track first thing in the morning, grab a fast pass, and then jump in the singles line. Then, I head over to Mission: Space and ride that. By the time I'm done with Mission: Space, it's usually fast pass for Test Track time. I'll grab a fast pass for either one of these rides before using my Test Track fast pass.

Karen

I am usually at Epcot a couple of times per week, weekdays and weekends. FYI: The Singles line is not always open, even on crowded days. On occasion I've shown up to find the standby line wait-time to be 85 minutes and the Singles line closed! :confused:

So keep your fingers crossed, and yes - Head there first thing in the morning and get a FastPass!

Also, the line for Mission:Space is <I>usually</I> much shorter than for Test Track, and the Singles line is almost <I>always</I> open for it. So you might want to make that second on your priority list.

Hmmm... I think I'll plan to grab a Fastpass, and then if the singles line is open (!) and shortish, I'll get two rides out of it! BTW, sorry about any misconception on Mission Space - I'm not bringing the Dramamine this trip, so I'll be avoiding that one!

Thank you very much!

The Singles line at Test Track is always* open. If you come by and see the chain across the Single's line it just means the Cast Member is at the end of the Standby line issuing a time card or is helping a guest at the Fastpass Distribution. That can sometimes take a few minutes to accomplish if guests stop the Cast Member for questions, etc. The Singles line must be chained when left unattended making it look as though it was closed if you came by at that particular time.

Before Mission Space almost all (at least it seems almost all) guests headed to Test Track first thing. Mission Space has relieved some of that but Test Track still gets a big crowd early on, especially during busy times. :hyper:

Have a wonderful time. We'll be waiting for you.

*One day recently it WAS closed due to work on the floor. Everyone going through that day had to be married. :laughing:

Test Track is one of my FAVORITE attractions at WDW and I love the single's line. Last trip, I rode it 5 times in a row with no wait! The only thing I wish is that you could skip the pre-show, but oh well. The single's lane was open each day that I was there on my last trip, but I found out that it is not always open. If they do not have enough CM's, then they close the lane.

I did not do Mission Space, but I found the lines for both to be about the same.

I wish more attractions had single lines!!
:earsgirl: :wave2:

Also keep in mind that the singles wait time is not always accurate. My last trip was 12/26-1/8 and I think 90% of the time I rode TT the singles line had a wait time of over 50 mins but I ended up waiting not even 5 mins.

Just out of curiosity, what rides offer the single lines?

Haven't been to WDW yet (but it's getting really close), but at DL/DCA, it's used to fill in empty spaces when there's odd numbered groups riding. Soarin' Over CA, Grizzly River and the Maliboomer in DCA and Indiana Jones and Splash Mountain in DL all have them and I've almost alway gotten on within 5-10 minutes (though there's no guarantee you'll get on that quick). Actually, on GRR, Indy, and Splash, I'm usually being put on a ride vehicle within 1-2 minutes of reaching the loading area. Of all of them, Soarin' takes the longest to get on, but with 8-12 minutes between rides (the ride is almost 5 minutes long and it takes a few minutes to load and unload everyone), that's understandable.

Originally posted by Otimon
The Singles line at Test Track is always* open. *One day recently it WAS closed due to work on the floor. Everyone going through that day had to be married. :laughing:
Well, I guess it's just my bad luck, but I have NOT found it to always be open, nor have I only encountered it closed once. On at least 4 occasions during this past fall and winter months, I approached and there was a huge wait for standby so I attempted to go Single and the CM said the Singles line was not open "that day" - That was how he put it - "That day" - So I skipped it.

I do remember that once a CM mentioned remodelling or something.

I am not disputing your statement, Otimon. ;) I'm just letting it be known what I (and a couple of my friends) have encountered occasionally. Guess it was too bad you weren't working out there at those moments!

We got to Epcot last Thursday (Apr. 1) afternoon (AK in the morning), Mission Space showed 50 min wait, fast passes still available, Test Track showed 80 min wait, fast passes gone. We (wife and I) went singles - 15 min wait, rode twice. Since test track cars sit three across the singles line moves pretty good - most people tend to be paired off. We were also surprised that test track was so much busier than Mission Space. I guess the preshow warnings scare a lot of people off.

I went to Epcot on Monday (April 5) and was at the rope drop. By the time I reached TT at a brisk walk, the standby line had a 25-minute wait while the posted wait time for the singles line was 15 minutes. As it turned out, I was the first/only person in the singles line! I had the little preview room all to myself, and the CM's laughed when the doors opened and I was the only one in there. When I exited the ride at about 9:10 the singles line posted a 25-minute wait, and the standby line was up to 70 minutes.

A woman with whom I later spoke commented that she was fine with Mission Space until she noticed the barf bags!

taswira: Don't mind you disputing my statement at all. I did indicate the Test Track Singles Line was always open with a * following always. I just indicated one time when it was recently closed.

On rare occasion it can close for a repair just as with any other line.

Best wishes.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter