teva sandals for disney world?

jellybeans0607

DIS Veteran
im torn on what sandals to buy. im leaning towards teva sandals. does anyone own them? worn then to disney?what do you think?

also which style to you have. im torn between the hurricane, pretty rugged and the toachi. im leaning toward the toachi, but they are $80, so i wnat to know they are good.

not exactly sandals, but I bought a pair of teva flops back in 2006 for our July trip--I wore them the WHOLE time and never had any problems, as a matter of fact I wore them today:cool1:
Love me some FLOPS!!!!!
I would suggest buying them before the trip and breaking them in

I wore the Tiva Olowahu flip flops every day of our trip two years ago and I plan to get a new pair for our Aug. trip. They are so comfortableand light weight, never caused blesters and ok if they get wet. The straps are a little tight when you first wear them, but then the sole kind of squishes down a little and molds to your feet, so the straps loosen up. The molded sole gives you good arch support, I have high arches, so this is good for me. I have had problems with my feet since getting older and heavier, but these were great. Also I feel like you're not sacrificing style for comfort. I paid about $18 for them and got them in black so they go with everything. I would highly recommend them. They are the only pair of shoes I will be taking.

I am a fan of Tevas.....

I own a couple of pairs of the Hurricane Tevas.
I have used both pairs at WDW. They were very comfy
& unlike flipflops, stayed 'connected' to my feet on some wild rides
hehee.

They last forever ! I have even thrown them in the washing machine with the teva suds solution to freshen them up after river rafting, etc.

They dry quickly!

I also own many Teva flips & they are nice as they are cushy & have a bit of
an arch support. I have worn this style on days my feet needed a break
from tennis shoes- or in the evening when the rugged tevas were too rugged looking. Great pool/beach sandal

I also have a pr of the 'dressy' style Tevas. (Black suede)
I wore them for 3 weeks in Italy- were wonderful. Go well with casual skirts or capris

thanks for the replies i ended up ordering a pair of teva terra fi 2. they are similar to the hurricnaes with a thicker sole.
i think ill wear them every minute until we leave in august.

a 'trick' I've used when breaking in new sandals with rub spots...wear a pr of cotton athletic socks with them at first
(NO not in public LOL)
after a few days, they will have stretched/broken in & shouldn't rub

IF they do, rub a deodorant stick on your skin right where they rub.

There is also a few products that are similiar to deodorant sticks called Blister Block & also one from athletic store (forget the name) they both work really well with any kind of shoe/sandal that rub/give hot spots.

a 'trick' I've used when breaking in new sandals with rub spots...wear a pr of cotton athletic socks with them at first
(NO not in public LOL)
after a few days, they will have stretched/broken in & shouldn't rub

IF they do, rub a deodorant stick on your skin right where they rub.

There is also a few products that are similiar to deodorant sticks called Blister Block & also one from athletic store (forget the name) they both work really well with any kind of shoe/sandal that rub/give hot spots.

now im nervous....i didnt really think they would hurt me at first.

they probably WON'T. That was just in case. The reason hey are so great is they adjust at 2 points on the feet, so in case of swelling in the heat or from a long day, you can make them a bit looser.

I think you made a great sandal choice for WDW!

I have Teva Hurricane sandals and wore them for days at WDW with no problem. I did end up using Body Glide the first day in case of blisters (went in May, being from Illinois- had to get used to sandals instead of winter shoes). My feet were happy, so therefore I was happy too. I also alternated with my Reef flip flops, which I also dearly love.

I just got back from Disney today-wore Teva Terra Fi's or Teva flip flop's the entire stay and had happy feet the entire time! Both were nice since they dried quickly-it rained everyday we were there.

I am also a huge fan of Tevas. I alternate between my two pair of Tevas and a pair of Crocs. I haven't had a blister or sore spot in years!

Tevas are the only things my family wears in WDW (except when we go during the winter..then we sometimes wear sneakers).

my self and both dh's wore tevas for our 2006 trip. They were great. We all have the strappy ones, not the flip flops. I tried on the flip flops though and they felt good. I think you will be happy with your choice.

I just got back from Disney today-wore Teva Terra Fi's or Teva flip flop's the entire stay and had happy feet the entire time! Both were nice since they dried quickly-it rained everyday we were there.

I've also worn my Terra Fis at WDW. Very comfortable - I really like the thickness of the soles on them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter