Text with room number and DME luggage for UK visitors

zavandor

DIS Veteran
In just 34 days I'll land in Orlando :yay:and since it'll be early and its a DVC stay, there are good chances that the room won't be ready. I remember a few years ago I picked up my my luggage myself at the carousel but then I left it at the DME desk so they would deliver it in my room. Do they still do this? At the time they quoted 4 hours before I could have the luggage in my room, but it's not a problem since I plan to go to a park for the evening.
Also, will I receive a text with my room number if I do online check-in? I would still have to go to the desk to pick up the magic band, but I could also bring along an old one.
Thanks

You will not get a text if you have a UK cell phone number, but they can send an email and your room number will be visible in MDE once the room is ready.

As far as the luggage, I have only done DME one and we were told we had to take the luggage ourselves. I would just grab it yourself, take it on the bus and leave it with Bell Services, then you can just have it delivered to the room one the room is ready and you are there - saves having to be on their schedule and means you can get your luggage when you are ready.

According to my confirmation email DME can pick up your luggage, but not from the desk, you have to leave it on the carousel. Wether it's worth it or not depends on how you're flying as if you're flying direct you'll have to collect your luggage and take it through customs and then put it back on the transfer carousel. To me this is too much hassle (unless the transfer carousel is on my way anyway I guess) and as I'll already have my luggage I'll just take it with me on the bus anyway. I'd much rather know that I've got my stuff with me anyway.

Upon exiting the aircraft, you will enter U.S. immigration. Please have your passport and any required documents available for inspection.
After retrieving your luggage, proceed to the Customs checkpoint.
When exiting the customs and immigration area you may keep your checked bags with you to travel on the motorcoach or you may use Disney’s Magical Express luggage delivery service.

Luggage delivery service is available for flights arriving between 5:00 am and 10:00 pm. Return your checked luggage to the transfer carousel following the immigration and customs process.

Bypass baggage claim in the main terminal and proceed directly to Disney’s Magical Express.

Be prepared to provide your airline baggage claim numbers and Disney will collect your luggage and deliver it directly to your Disney Resort hotel.

I've only had an email twice in all the trips we've been on, so don't count on it!

I've only had an email twice in all the trips we've been on, so don't count on it!

We only started receiving the emails in the last year or so, never before then. And MDE, as I said, gets updated with room number when room is ready anyway.

We only started receiving the emails in the last year or so, never before then. And MDE, as I said, gets updated with room number when room is ready anyway.
Yeah It's odd, I got an email back in 2015 when we stayed at night a CBR, and last year at Beach Club, but no other times!

Ive known people to not have their room number put on MDE when it becomes available. They've waited but ended up asking at the front desk and it was ready. So don't count on that either.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter