Thank you, Disney CMs

BrianD

DIS Veteran
I just wanted to post this to thank all of the hard working, cheerful CMs that make Disney World a magical place. I have to admit, I have kind of "overlooked" this forum as well, and it's really not right.

We just returned from our second trip in 2 months and we're headed back in May. I have to say that 95% of the CMs that I encounter go out of their way to accomodate guests, and do things to make everyone's day magical.

Every trip, we experience some, unexpected Disney magic, courtesy of the CMs. Cast Members truly understand customer service, and that is why we keep going back.

CMs take a lot of heat in the other forums, and I think it is because a lot of spoiled people out there don't realize that friendliness is a two way street. The biggest thing that I have noticed at WDW is that it is not that CMs are unhappy or not friendly, it's that many of the guests at WDW are SPOILED BRATS who don't know how to express appreciation, and think that they should be simply waited on hand and foot. It's really disgusting to see how un-appreciative people really are sometimes. But enough about that.

I've personally noticed that if you show interest in what a CM is doing, they really appreciate that and are eager to carry on a conversation with you. The vast majority of CMs take pride in their work and they like to see folks appreciate what they do, wouldn't you or I feel the same?

Anyway, thank you CMs, for all the work that you do! I am envy the fact that you get to WDW, but thank you to the majority of you who do not take that for granted.

Cheers, my Disney friends!

Many thanks for your most gracious remarks.

It is most appreciated.

Well said, Brian. I think that if you look long and hard enough for something negative, you will eventually find it.

I also believe that what goes around comes around. If people aren't sharing magic with others they are unlikely to find it coming their way.

Thanks for posting this, Brian, I echo your sentiments.

Katholyn

During my years as a bartender, I noticed that there is a breed of human that takes pleasure in giving others a hard time. In grammar school, this was the archetypical bully, who was able to mistreat people because of his size.

As adults, there seems to be a small percentage of people who think that because they're spending $, they, like a bully, are entitled to treat people with a fundamental lack of respect. The more $ they're spending, the bigger they believe their "jerk entitlement" is.

It is positively astounding that even WDW is not immune to this type of person. In the past, when I've noticed this behavior, I like to quietly tell the unfortunate CM who's been subjected to this type of behavior that they really were doing a good job, and that the guest was just a jerk. Everybody likes to hear an encouraging word, and sometimes it's harder to say "good job" than to complain about something.

To all those CM's, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU.

You make it magical for us all and without you, it wouldn't be Disney.

We really appreciate all you do to make us smile, help us out and take care of us.

Have a wonderful day and once again, THANK YOU!

:jester:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter