Thank you Eric - super star DVC member

millys

Mouseketeer
I just wanted to say a huge thank you to a lovely guy named Eric who invited me to join him and his family at the Top of the World Lounge at the Contemporary Resort last week.
I was just setting up my camera on the footbridge between the Contemporary and Bay Lake Towers to try to get a picture of the Happily Ever After fireworks when a vey kind gentleman named Eric tapped me on the shoulder and invited me up to the Lounge.
I didn't get an opportunity to talk to him after the show and thank him properly so if you are reading this then huge thanks - it was a very memorable moment for me provided by a very kind DVC member.
A beautiful spot to watch and photograph the show.
Best wishes
Tim

35532672954_516a6d7e2b_h.jpg

Just an FYI, but he shouldn't have been able to do that. Access is only allowed for people staying in a room on the member's reservation. He may not have realized it, but he snuck you past security.

Just an FYI, but he shouldn't have been able to do that. Access is only allowed for people staying in a room on the member's reservation. He may not have realized it, but he snuck you past security.

I was taken up by a friend before I owned and it was a CM that got us the elevator up. He showed his card, but I was never asked for one. That might be the rule, but it is unfair to assume they 'sneaked past security'.

I was taken up by a friend before I owned and it was a CM that got us the elevator up. He showed his card, but I was never asked for one. That might be the rule, but it is unfair to assume they 'sneaked past security'.
Perhaps the owner was unaware of the rule and the CM was lax in enforcement. Or the owner misrepresented their guest. Either way, they still snuck past.

We were staying there are DVC members a few years ago and had friends staying at another hotel. I was even chatting with the CM about it. There was no problem whatsoever. Weird.

DD is a member, but staying off site. We are staying at BCV. Would she be allowed?

OP, amazing shot. Would you have more to share?

We were a party of 10, staying in a 2BR and a 1BR on my points. My family of 4 was in the 1BR and my sister's family of 4 and my parents were in the 2BR. On 2 different occasions, I was able to take my parents up to the lounge without an issue, even though they were in a different room on a different reservation.

Sorry from the DVC Website He didnt do anything wrong before getting on a high horse about rules make sure you know what the rule is

Accessing the Lounge

This perk is available for our Members and their guests. People who are in that Member's traveling party and staying on that Member's reservation are also eligible to visit Top of the World Lounge. At least one Member in the traveling party must accompany the group and present his or her current MagicBand or card in order to gain admission to the lounge and observation deck. A Disney Vacation Club Membership Card is also required to verify Membership.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter