Thanksgiving Recommendations?

jrmint427

DIS Veteran
I know this is early, but I'm already thinking about our Thanksgiving meal! I've been searching quite a bit, and cannot find much information on Thanksgiving menus at WDW resorts. If you have eaten at a WDW resort for Thanksgiving and have a picture of the menu, please share :)

If you have a recommendation for Thanksgiving dinner, please let me know! We will be traveling with a couple of meat-eaters who would like a somewhat traditional Thanksgiving meal. My daughters and I are vegetarians, so we are also looking for options that will have good sides for us to choose from. We aren't planning to go to the parks this day, so we'd like to stick to a WDW resort or Disney Springs restaurant.

I appreciate any and all recommendations!

We've done Liberty Tree and Jiko for Thanksgiving, the Jiko meal was part of the Wanyami safari and was a family style menu for our group, sorry, that doesn't help much. The Liberty Tree dinner was the same menu, since they normally serve a Thanksgiving style meal for dinner service.

If you are vegetarians, perhaps one of the Disney buffets may provide you with the most options while also giving the meat-eaters a good selection as well. I would think for Thanksgiving they would have the traditional accompaniments (cranberry sauce, etc). For buffets, I like Tusker House, Boma, Trails End.

I'm sure there are others who have had Thanksgiving meals at Disney who could chime in.

We've done Liberty Tree and Jiko for Thanksgiving, the Jiko meal was part of the Wanyami safari and was a family style menu for our group, sorry, that doesn't help much. The Liberty Tree dinner was the same menu, since they normally serve a Thanksgiving style meal for dinner service.

If you are vegetarians, perhaps one of the Disney buffets may provide you with the most options while also giving the meat-eaters a good selection as well. I would think for Thanksgiving they would have the traditional accompaniments (cranberry sauce, etc). For buffets, I like Tusker House, Boma, Trails End.

Thank you for the suggestions! I will look into Trails End, we are planning to eat at Boma and Tusker House later on this trip, so it would be fun try something new! What kind of food did Jiko serve for Thanksgiving with the safari? That looks like a really fun tour!

We will be there for T-giving too!

How fun! This will be our first time spending the holiday at WDW :)

We did lunch at 50's PT and dinner at 'Ohana this year. 50's PT had turkey as the blue plate special; 'Ohana was the same menu.

We aren't big turkey/traditional Thanksgiving meal people anyways so we just wanted to eat a few of our faves. We, too, are undecided for this year!

We did lunch at 50's PT and dinner at 'Ohana this year. 50's PT had turkey as the blue plate special; 'Ohana was the same menu.

We aren't big turkey/traditional Thanksgiving meal people anyways so we just wanted to eat a few of our faves. We, too, are undecided for this year!

I'm considering O'hana! So it was just the normal menu there? It's high on my bucket list, but I guess it's up to the meat eaters if they're willing to do something that's not traditional.

We did Garden Grill last year and it was so good and a lot of fun.

I loved Garden Grill for breakfast! Did they have a special Thanksgiving menu? I would love to go back on our next trip, but I don't think we're going to use a park day for Thanksgiving day.

We have been to Boma twice for Thanksgiving dinner and loved it! They had a nice blend of their regular food and Thanksgiving food that should accommodate everyone in your group. They opened a little earlier than usual so we went around 4 or 4:30 and it was not crowded. We did not have a great experience at Trail’s End 6 years ago but things might have changed, We waited well past our ADR time and it was so crowded it seemed everyone was on top of each other and things kept running out and were not getting replaced and the food was just ok.

We have done LTT and California Grill. Both were good for different reasons. LTT was much more of a Thanksgiving meal whereas California Grill was the normal menu (which is not a bad thing).

We have been to Boma twice for Thanksgiving dinner and loved it! They had a nice blend of their regular food and Thanksgiving food that should accommodate everyone in your group. They opened a little earlier than usual so we went around 4 or 4:30 and it was not crowded. We did not have a great experience at Trail’s End 6 years ago but things might have changed, We waited well past our ADR time and it was so crowded it seemed everyone was on top of each other and things kept running out and were not getting replaced and the food was just ok.

Yikes, that does not sound like a relaxing Thanksgiving dinner at Trail’s End! We were planning to eat at Boma later in our week, but I might have to consider it for Thanksgiving dinner. They had a lot of great vegetarian options when we went, and even better if they have some traditional Thanksgiving options too.

Yikes, that does not sound like a relaxing Thanksgiving dinner at Trail’s End! We were planning to eat at Boma later in our week, but I might have to consider it for Thanksgiving dinner. They had a lot of great vegetarian options when we went, and even better if they have some traditional Thanksgiving options too.

Same experience at Trail's End! It was terrible! They were so backed up, we waited almost an hour and a half past our ADR time. It was so packed in there, they had set up extra tables in corners where there weren't supposed to be tables. The food was suffering because of it too. Their veggies were raw and the strawberry shortcake was so stale. :crazy2:

This was Thanksgiving 2016.

Same experience at Trail's End! It was terrible! They were so backed up, we waited almost an hour and a half past our ADR time. It was so packed in there, they had set up extra tables in corners where there weren't supposed to be tables. The food was suffering because of it too. Their veggies were raw and the strawberry shortcake was so stale. :crazy2:

This was Thanksgiving 2016.

Ugh, sounds like I should rule Trail’s End out! Raw veggies does not sound like a good option for a holiday meal. And I hate crowded restaurants, especially with little kids.

We have been for Christmas and Thanksgiving and have eaten at many different places. We have eaten at 50's PT for Christmas and Thanksgiving and has a typical turkey dinner. Also, it has more of a family vibe with being yelled at by your relatives. We have eaten at Cape May buffet which had a turkey carving station. We have eaten at Artist Point multiple times and the food is great, but they don't really have any specific turkey meals. We have also eaten at Hoop Dee Doo which will have the holiday show by then. The menu is the same, but food and entertainment is great and fun. Those are the ones I can remember. My wife really enjoyed Hoop Dee Doo for Thanksgiving last year and she even got up on stage.

Thank you for the suggestions! I will look into Trails End, we are planning to eat at Boma and Tusker House later on this trip, so it would be fun try something new! What kind of food did Jiko serve for Thanksgiving with the safari? That looks like a really fun tour!

How fun! This will be our first time spending the holiday at WDW :)

Appetizer of various breads and accompaniments, a special trio sampler of individual appetizers. For main meal, they served their Jiko Mac and Cheese, green beans, a mixed vegetable medley (more exotic veggies, Brussel sprouts, etc), okra, they had turkey and cranberry, beef, chicken, a spoonbread/corn dish, a dish that was made from large grains maybe barley don't quite remember. And a trio of mini desserts.

They were accommodating, my husband doesn't eat pork or beef, they made him a separate dish with a small portion of fish, chicken, and turkey. And he could also serve himself from what was on the table / family style.

It was very nice, it was his 40th birthday and Thanksgiving so I wanted us to do something memorable. He loved it, it's probably still his favorite Disney experience. He always tells people he loves Jiko.

Here is a photo of my plate from that dinner.

10620027_707760882671800_8840126445516648950_o.jpg

We have been for Christmas and Thanksgiving and have eaten at many different places. We have eaten at 50's PT for Christmas and Thanksgiving and has a typical turkey dinner. Also, it has more of a family vibe with being yelled at by your relatives. We have eaten at Cape May buffet which had a turkey carving station. We have eaten at Artist Point multiple times and the food is great, but they don't really have any specific turkey meals. We have also eaten at Hoop Dee Doo which will have the holiday show by then. The menu is the same, but food and entertainment is great and fun. Those are the ones I can remember. My wife really enjoyed Hoop Dee Doo for Thanksgiving last year and she even got up on stage.

we did artist point in 2016 for thanksgiving, and they had a special dinner that night of a slightly upscaled thanksgiving dinner of turkey, stuffing, cranberry sauce, etc. it was quite tasty!

I ate a Jiko Thanksgiving night 2015. It was a predetermined menu which was a surprise since no place online I looked at mentioned that. They were really are limited on making menu changes basically only due to allergies and that was very limited. I assume because they didn’t plan on the normal menu.

I would suggest Trail’s End or now after my recent trip Boma!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter