That "once in a lifetime" trip! :D

Less than 50 days to go!! :banana::cool1::banana::cool1:

Okay, I admit it, I went out shopping for a new "holiday wardrobe" at the weekend. :rotfl: (just realised how girlie that sounds, lol)

In fairness I didn't really buy much, just a couple of new hoodies and some new jeans/combats. All warm and layerable stuff as even if this cold snap lifts by then it's still going to be a bit fresh in early March. Now I've had my dose of retail therapy I'm all revved up and can't wait to go! These next six weeks at work are really going to drag I reckon.

Now the detailed planning can begin in earnest, with food, drink and activities all to plan (although not precisely, as we'll be on holiday and I have enough deadlines in work) and also the logistics of actually getting us all where we need to be in time to fly etc.

WOOHOO!!!

x :)

Called up today and made a couple of bookings/reservations! :thumbsup2

Booked us a table at the Chuck Wagon for the first night.

Character breakfast for the Wednesday

Table at Cafe Mickey for the Friday night.

We also have BBWWS booked for the Thursday night. :banana:

Woohoo, only a month to go!!! :cool1:

In exactly 28 days time, we'll all be trying to grab a couple of hours sleep, before setting out for the airport at silly o'clock in the morning.

Everything's all taken care of now I think, apart from a bit of last minute shopping for snacks and such to take with us.

One slight concern is that my passport hasn't turned up yet, although worst case scenario is that I have to take a days holiday from work and go to the passport office in person to push it through same day. Hopefully not needed, but at least that covers all the bases.

I don't think Sarah's stopped bouncing yet since I told her at Christmas...and neither have I!!:banana::banana::banana:

27 days marc!!!
its come around very quickly! cant wait :thumbsup2
when did u send the passport form? stil didnt send dd's, going 2 the police station to get the forms signed tonight and i'll send it via passport express tuesday so we should have it within 10 days

Oh how exciting for you both - I can't believe how quickly this has come a round!!

Don't worry about the passport Marc, it'll turn up - though trace it online or phone the help line with your application number and they will tell you where it's at. It might be that they tried to deliver it while you were out. They don't leave a letter to tell you, but you do have to personally sign for it from the courier as it'a legal document :thumbsup2 So it won't be missing :hug:

My best friend joined the boards yesterday but she hasn't posted yet. She goes for the second time in two weeks time - she booked as soon as she got back last June so imagine the pain her kids have gone through waiting! We're all going together in November for her son's birthday as I've given her the bug.....so I expect to see a new ticker on your return as I'm sure you'll have the disease too ha ha ha ha :rolleyes1

17 days marc!!!
yaaaay!
got some coloring books for the girls for the airplane and new trainers cause i burnt mine trying to dry them on top of my stove!!
just have 2 pack!

17 days marc!!!
yaaaay!
got some coloring books for the girls for the airplane and new trainers cause i burnt mine trying to dry them on top of my stove!!
just have 2 pack!

Not long now :cool1: .......... you must be so excited :goodvibes

Absolutely...I think the guys in work are officially sick of Disney now :rotfl:

The passport finally turned up today WOOHOO!!!!!

Now it all seems so real...in 2 weeks time I will have just finished work for the last time before we go, and will no doubt be running around like a headless chicken thinking of everything I've forgotten lol

Kizz, not sure whether you have a local Poundworld or not, but I picked up some fab Disney Princess colouring and sticker books in there last week. :goodvibes

I was meant to be on my way to the family tonight, however there's heavy traffic because of a smash - so I'm going to spend the night in front of a Disney film (not sure which yet...) with a couple of glasses of red whilst packing my case. :thumbsup2

wow not long now

i remember when you first posted it seemed like yonks and now its nearly time to go

arghhhhhhh i so want to go back , but we decided not to this year , i wanted a sun holiday and now we aint even getting that as we are going to belfast for 5 days , woopie doooooo llfff

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

I'm new to this board, read this thread I just wanted to say I hope you all have a brilliant time! Hope you update this when you get back as I want to know how your little sister reacts lol, we are going the week after you, staying in the cheyenne as well.

My SDD is getting closer and closer!! :banana::banana::banana:

Can't believe how quickly it's come around - this is officially going to be our last planning weekend before we go. :scared1:

Luckily I've managed to get tomorrow and Friday off work (well, out of the office at any rate, although I'll still be "working" on the laptop and mobile) meaning that I'm off down to mum's to get the last minute bits and pieces sorted before heading over to spend the weekend with Sarah and help out with her last minute planning too. :thumbsup2

You can tell it's getting close now, I've even dug out my Ultimate Disney CD and have been singing along to it all week in the car. :rotfl:

All packed up and ready to go! :thumbsup2:woohoo:

I popped to Tesco last night to pick up a "few" snacks and things to take with us, and ended up with a carrier bag full of goodies which only just fit in my case :rotfl:

Now all that's left for me to do is change a small amount of cash into Euro's to pay for the transfers and any other little bits and pieces - oh yeah, and as my Mum keeps reminding me

Don't forget to pick up my passport!!!!!

See, I had to put a reminder to myself as otherwise I can see me making an unexpected 200 mile round trip in the middle of the night to pick it up :lmao:

By some miracle Abi still doesn't know anything about the trip - so far as she's concerned she'll be going into school as normal on Monday. I really don't know how we've managed to keep it from her :confused3 but I can't wait to see the look on her face when we arrive! :thumbsup2 Camera will be at the ready...

By some miracle Abi still doesn't know anything about the trip - so far as she's concerned she'll be going into school as normal on Monday. I really don't know how we've managed to keep it from her :confused3 but I can't wait to see the look on her face when we arrive! :thumbsup2 Camera will be at the ready...

Abi STILL doesn't know?? WOW!! I must say, it's a GREAT place to go to school LOL!!! (I did the same to my son once, he was even in uniform....wondered why he was getting a lift to a school 5 minutes away....and an hour later we were at the airport ready to fly to Germany!)

Gosh this trip seems to have come round very quickly - it doesnt seem 5 mins since you started talking about it.

Well done for keeping it a secret from Abi - I bet she will be so excited when she finds out

Have a fantastic trip and dont forget we want a trip report with loads of pics when you get home

All packed up and ready to go! :thumbsup2:woohoo:

I popped to Tesco last night to pick up a "few" snacks and things to take with us, and ended up with a carrier bag full of goodies which only just fit in my case :rotfl:

Now all that's left for me to do is change a small amount of cash into Euro's to pay for the transfers and any other little bits and pieces - oh yeah, and as my Mum keeps reminding me

Don't forget to pick up my passport!!!!!

See, I had to put a reminder to myself as otherwise I can see me making an unexpected 200 mile round trip in the middle of the night to pick it up :lmao:

I am sooooooooooo excited for you ......... Abi is going to be so excited ....... I really hope you have a great time, cannot wait to hear what you thought about it :goodvibes

hi marc, hope you had a great time! had a blast, cant wait to read all about your trip, i'll be a while gettin mine together as my memory card has gone haywire!!

did abi figure it out?

i cant wait to hear how it all went. i cant believe how fast the time flew.

As Stitch would say...Aloha everyone!!!:thumbsup2

We landed back in Liverpool on Saturday evening, but to be honest I've been too cream crackered to even turn the computer on until today.

Had and ABSOLUTELY AMAZING time!! :banana::banana::banana:

I'm still tackling the photo's (over 2000 :scared1:) so the TR will follow sometime shortly, but I think it's safe to say that it really was the trip of a lifetime...hopefully not the "only" trip of a lifetime though. ;)

Glad you had a great time too Kizz, and believe it or not we kept it from Abi right up until the last moment...full details will be revealed in the TR. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter