'That's for the Help to Take Care of...'

SimonSez

DIS Veteran
Several years ago, my brother and his wife were eating at a counter service restaurant in the MK, you know the kind where you eat off paper plates with plastic silverware? The couple sitting at a table nearby, just got up and left all their dirty plates, silverware, cups, etc on the table. When a person at another table asked them if they were just going to leave their mess behind, they responded "that's for the help to take care of." Something similar happened on one of my trips with the people just leaving a mess, and an egret ended up standing in the middle of their rubbish on the table, eating up a storm. I'm sure others have witnessed this kind of thing :rolleyes2

You have experienced a sighting of entitled rich people. They don't know how to function in regular civilized society because they were brought up being catered to by servants. Sad really. And annoying...

Or just maybe they are used to places that do not have trash cans for you to bring your trays to, we encounter this on cruise ships as well as several what I refer to as slow fast food places. I hate having to do it but you must leave your trays, empty plates, and trash on the table and someone comes by and cleans it up.

Wow, I'm pretty terrible about starting threads in the incorrect forum these days. Thanks mods, for sending this to the right place on here, I shall now slink away when no one is looking :tiptoe:

Or just maybe they are used to places that do not have trash cans for you to bring your trays to, we encounter this on cruise ships as well as several what I refer to as slow fast food places. I hate having to do it but you must leave your trays, empty plates, and trash on the table and someone comes by and cleans it up.
You are a better person than me...not sure I would've given them the benefit of the doubt on this one. However, it's entirely possible that was the case.

Possible, but don't you always look around to see if there are trash cans/stations to take your trash to, before assuming that it's supposed to be left? Most folks would look around the area first. I'm thinking the folks who leave their refuse for others are simply inconsiderate.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter