The ABC's of a BSN Celebration! Trip Wrap up; Final Thoughts (7/11)

P is for: (Of) Pasta and Poltergeists

What can I say? We ate WELL on the April Trip; neither I nor my daughter mess around when it comes to vacation eating. A place I have wanted to try but, was admittedly at first not very excited about when I ducked in one evening a few years ago, was Enzo’s Hideaway. That first peek presented a very noisy, bordering on chaotic scene and the reviews were of only slightly better than average food. Since then, the reviews had gotten better and I confess, the idea of a speakeasy is rather romantic in the literary/imaginative/historical sense. So, I booked it. And it was a good place for a DISMeet since it wasn’t in a park, ergo no park ticket necessary.

Our plan was to head there after some time in EPCOT with a 7:45 ADR. Doc ( @docsoliday1 )would meet us there a bit early as it was a bit on the late side for all of us and we hoped to get in a little before our ressie time. It was REALLY cold, but we all bundled up as best we could with the limited warm clothes we’d brought and got into a Lyft at 6:39 (thank you Lyft ride history!). We got our temps checked and then walked the 4.9 miles over to the far end of DTD. For you progressives out there, Disney Springs. The last few trips have given about a 50/50 chance of being able to be seated early and arriving at 7:00 we approached the podium and asked if there was any way. They nicely told us they could and it’d just be a short wait. YAY!! I was hungry, and cold, and wanted some carby-comfort food!!

While we waited Kari ( @Malia78 )and I both wandered around and took a couple of snaps then Doc, and we 3 ladies started to catch up and make small talk.

(Not the best photo of her, but shown for the coat, it was still a bit light out, entrance.)

(Taken on the way out.)

Before too long, the hostess led us to a table a bit close to the entrance to be perfect, but it wasn’t terribly busy in there at all, and I wasn’t bothered in the least. (I normally would ask for something a bit more out of the traffic flow and am often willing to wait longer for it.)

The décor is super fun with a Roaring 20’s feel and hush-hush, keep-it-quiet overtones mixed in. It’s a place for Uncle Guido and his buddies to make some laundered cash and RHUM seems to be the spirit of choice. Did you know there’s even a secret door that you can enter from? Clearly, the patrons have no problem leaving their mark, but I also wonder, if one were to study this column, if a few of the Imagineers have had a little fun there too.

(Sorry, not the crispest picture, but works.)

Mikki and I had “overdone” it the night before so we stuck with water. Sad. But we did correct our pacing the rest of the trip and made up for our unfortunate blunder. The menu was actually pretty extensive given that many Disney restaurants were either still shut down or had extremely limited menu selections. But I went in 80% sure of what I’d get. I'd been craving spaghetti with a white clam sauce for quite some time and hoped it’d be offered. I was in luck!!

But appetizers first!! Doc offered to order an Italian Charcuterie to start us off and this beauty was brought out in short order. It was fun critiquing the various meats and cheeses while we snacked and chatted. If I recall, none of us wanted to get overly full before our entrees arrived so we all, I think, held back a little. I don’t recall that between the 4 of us finishing it as it was quite generous.

Cured Meat and Artisanal Cheeses- Prosciutto di Parma, Salame Piccante, Finocchiona, Parmigiano, Fontina, Pecorino, Fontina, Curred Olives, Grissini (bread sticks); minimum of two people- $18.00 per person

I did stick with the Pasta with Clams I had seen on online menus prior to going, Mikki simply stuck with Spaghetti and Meatballs, Kari ordered a simple Burrata Caprese, and Doc, being Keto, ordered Meatballs and a Ceasar Salad. I can say that, for the 3 of us ladies, we were all VERY pleased with our choices. The meatballs were phenomenal and obviously had veal or were made to taste like they did- soft, melt-in-your-mouth, so good. The portions of pasta were quite large and neither of us came close to finishing. I did eat the clams which were very fresh with NO grit (always a bonus) and the clear white brothy sauce was perfectly garlicky and salted. YUM!!

Spaghetti e Polpette- Marinara, Meatballs, Calabrian Chile, Parmigiano and Basil- $30.00

Linguine Alle Vongole- Clams, White Wine, Garlic, Chili, Olive Oil, Toasted Breadcrumb- $32.00

Karilynn compared her Caprese with one she got during our April trip at Paddlefish and declared Enzo’s the winner. I agreed; the cheese was much creamier and the tomatoes fresher at Enzo’s.

Burrata Caprese- Tomatoes, Basil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt and housemade Focaccia- $19.00

Doc, you’ll have to chime in about your meal. I know *I* enjoyed the meatballs I tasted off of Mikki's meal, and your salad looked fresh enough, but….?

Caesar Salad- Enzo's favorite Caesar Salad recipe with Romaine Lettuce, Ciabatta Croutons, Parmigiano- $16.00

No one wanted dessert and we were all getting pretty tired. Doc had to work the next morning early, so we decided to wrap it up early. My thought was to try and get a Gideon’s Cookie, but it was too cold to wait in any lines; we were too tired to wait for... anything. Even a Gideon's Cookie. Doc graciously and generously offered to pay for my meal as a graduation gift which was super nice! To top it all off, Doc gave us a ride back to AoA. :goodvibes: Thank you so much again, Doc!!

I have no clever segue to my next set of photos, but I don’t know where else to put them, so let’s hook up with the Happy Haunts for a spin through the Mansion. First off…. Skipping the stretching room really detracts from the mood set up. I, for one, get in the spooky mindset with the cool effects of the “elevator” stretching, the ghost screaming from above you, and when the macabre portraits are revealed. But, I also understand why it’s necessary and hope that soon they can add that portion back in to create the tone and buildup for the tour. Instead, we walked through it and hopped right onto our DoomBuggy. Soon we joined the swinging wake with the 999 Happy Haunts. I purposely put on the fast lens for this ride alone and was fairly happy with a few that turned out. Sorry for the photo dump:

A ghost did follow me home and has been doing a pretty good job at putting my stuff where I can't find it. It’s especially active right as I am trying to go to work and seems to have a special liking of my keys and phone. I do wonder if I dragged home a 2nd one who loves to make extra dishes.

Now, Friends, hurry baaaa-aaack…. I’ve been dying to read your comments.

Last edited:
At some point we ended up in the World Showplace to escape the Arctic Blast that plagued us almost the entire trip. We hunkered down with all the survival necessities including the most enormous bathroom on property, decent food, drinks, and TOP NOTCH entertainment. If you’ve not had the pleasure of catching a set from Carol Stein, the Disney pianist, you have sadly missed out! Not only is she gracious, but extremely talented, and it’s really a special treat to relax while listening to her beautiful renditions of Disney musical pieces.
One year I need to make it down for Festival of the Arts!
The Lemon Blood-Orange Tart was much better, and we did enjoy this one giving it a solid 7/10. Not good enough for a 2nd, but enjoyable. The crust was very fresh and the filling had a good ratio of sweet to tart. Plus, it was quite lovely as you can see. 😊 As with other waxy, white chocolate “fluff”, the do-dads on top were swiftly tossed.
Love the presentation on this!
“The Deconstructed Dish” lured us in with the Deconstructed Reuben which was perfect to start the day off. The corned beef was an ample serving, and the little biscuit thingy was a perfect little sidekick. If I recall, by the time we’d knocked off Soarin’, SE, The Land, and Nemo, it was getting on towards 12, and by then I needed protein and real food. Corned beef rarely disappoints.
This looks delicious!
Somewhere between France and Morocco was a kiosk called “Vibrante and Vivido” meaning Bright and Vivid, caught my attention. I actually spent quite a bit of time here reading all of the little displays highlighting and educating about Mary Blair and her art with Disney.
Oooh! I would love to learn more about her
  • Blue Corn Pupusa-stuffed with Cheese and topped with Shredded Pork, Guajillo and Árbol Chile Sauce, Cabbage Slaw, and Aji Amarillo Crema - $6.50
You are eating well! Was all of this one day or spread out over several visits?
  • Mediterranean Flatbread with Za’atar Pesto, Artichokes, Roasted Peppers, Sundried Tomatoes and Fennel Cream – $5.75 from “The Mosaic Canteen”
This looks fantastic....right up my alley!
Our plan was to head there after some time in EPCOT with a 7:45 ADR. Doc ( @docsoliday1 )would meet us there a bit early as it was a bit on the late side for all of us and we hoped to get in a little before our ressie time. It was REALLY cold, but we all bundled up as best we could with the limited warm clothes we’d brought and got into a Lyft at 6:39 (thank you Lyft ride history!). We got our temps checked and then walked the 4.9 miles over to the far end of DTD. For you progressives out there, Disney Springs. The last few trips have given about a 50/50 chance of being able to be seated early and arriving at 7:00 we approached the podium and asked if there was any way. They nicely told us they could and it’d just be a short wait. YAY!! I was hungry, and cold, and wanted some carby-comfort food!!
Great that you could get in early to enjoy the warmth of good food and friends!
Mikki and I had “overdone” it the night before so we stuck with water. Sad. But we did correct our pacing the rest of the trip and made up for our unfortunate blunder. The menu was actually pretty extensive given that many Disney restaurants were either still shut down or had extremely limited menu selections. But I went in 80% sure of what I’d get. I'd been craving spaghetti with a white clam sauce for quite some time and hoped it’d be offered. I was in luck!!
Nice! Nothing better than be able to order what you were hoping for!
No one wanted dessert and we were all getting pretty tired. Doc had to work the next morning early, so we decided to wrap it up early. My thought was to try and get a Gideon’s Cookie, but it was too cold to wait in any lines; we were too tired to wait for... anything. Even a Gideon's Cookie. Doc graciously and generously offered to pay for my meal as a graduation gift which was super nice! To top it all off, Doc gave us a ride back to AoA. :goodvibes: Thank you so much again, Doc!!
Sounds like a perfect night!

A ghost did follow me home and has been doing a pretty good job at putting my stuff where I can't find it. It’s especially active right as I am trying to go to work and seems to have a special liking of my keys and phone. I do wonder if I dragged home a 2nd one who loves to make extra dishes.
Haha! I wonder if one has been lurking in my house too!

Mikki and I had “overdone” it the night before so we stuck with water. Sad.
I always feel guilty when at don't order an alcoholic drink at a place like this. I know it is silly to feel guilty but I'm not a big drinker. Enzo's Hideaway looks like a cute place. :)
Instead, we walked through it and hopped right onto our DoomBuggy.
I love being able to walk right on the Dune buggy. The prior system of everyone jostling for position in the loading line was very unpleasant.

A place I have wanted to try but, was admittedly at first not very excited about when I ducked in one evening a few years ago, was Enzo’s Hideaway.

I've always wanted to try this too but Mike is so stuck on Homecomin' so we rarely branch out to try anything else!

(Taken on the way out.)

Love the decor…so cool!

I don’t recall that between the 4 of us finishing it as it was quite generous.

Yum!

her Caprese with one she got during our April trip at Paddlefish and declared Enzo’s the winner. I agreed; the cheese was much creamier and the tomatoes fresher at Enzo’s.

Burrata Caprese- Tomatoes, Basil, Extra Virgin Olive Oil, Sea Salt and housemade Focaccia- $19.00

Oooohhhhh, that looks amazing and is exactly what I would have gotten!

Doc graciously and generously offered to pay for my meal as a graduation gift which was super nice!

Aw, that is so sweet!

:rotfl2:

I might have one or two of those pesky ghosts around here myself!

We ate WELL on the April Trip; neither I nor my daughter mess around when it comes to vacation eating.
Did you have to roll yourselves on the plane when you left???
A place I have wanted to try but, was admittedly at first not very excited about when I ducked in one evening a few years ago, was Enzo’s Hideaway.
I've wanted to try it too and was very taken with it, but have yet to go.
I confess, the idea of a speakeasy is rather romantic in the literary/imaginative/historical sense.
Yes. This. Exactly. I love the idea of it. Romantic is a good word to describe it.
It was REALLY cold
So... like... 70?
and then walked the 4.9 miles over to the far end of DTD.
That walk is a long ways away.
IMG_E5802-L.jpg
What a cool idea for lighting!
(I normally would ask for something a bit more out of the traffic flow and am often willing to wait longer for it.)
Me too.
When I went to Homecomin', they tried to put me at what must've been the worst table in the restaurant. Um... no thanks.
Did you know there’s even a secret door that you can enter from?
::yes::
You wrote about it! :laughing:
I also wonder, if one were to study this column, if a few of the Imagineers have had a little fun there too.
I wondered too. I mean... there has to be some significance with the umbrella?
I'd been craving spaghetti with a white clam sauce
mmmm...
Doc offered to order an Italian Charcuterie to start us off
Nice of him. :)
It was fun critiquing the various meats and cheeses while we snacked and chatted.
That sounds like fun. :)
The meatballs were phenomenal and obviously had veal or were made to taste like they did- soft, melt-in-your-mouth, so good.
Wow that sounds good!
Doc, you’ll have to chime in about your meal.
Yeah Doc. How're your balls?
Doc graciously and generously offered to pay for my meal as a graduation gift which was super nice!
Very nice!
To top it all off, Doc gave us a ride back to AoA. :goodvibes
And the trifecta of niceness. :)
I have no clever segue to my next set of photos, but I don’t know where else to put them, so let’s hook up with the Happy Haunts for a spin through the Mansion.
:laughing:
Brain comes to screeching halt and lurches off in other direction.
Skipping the stretching room really detracts from the mood set up.
Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. :(
I purposely put on the fast lens for this ride alone and was fairly happy with a few that turned out.
You got some really good ones! Especially in the graveyard.
Always love this scene so much. :goodvibes
A ghost did follow me home and has been doing a pretty good job at putting my stuff where I can't find it. It’s especially active right as I am trying to go to work and seems to have a special liking of my keys and phone.
:laughing: That must be it!

Hard to multiquote on the phone and just started a new job last week, but biting the bullet and making the time...

Since then, the reviews had gotten better and I confess, the idea of a speakeasy is rather romantic
Aw shucks. :blush:

in the literary/imaginative/historical sense.
Oh

So, I booked it. And it was a good place for a DISMeet since it wasn’t in a park, ergo no park ticket necessary.
My fault. I no longer have an AP because when they finally re-opened, trying to get a park reservation as a FL resident, but NOT staying at a resort was nigh on impossible.

It was REALLY cold, but we all bundled up as best we could with the limited warm clothes we’d brought
And you can imagine if THEY were bundled up what I looked like.

We got our temps checked
I think mine was about 45 F

Disney Springs
No!

(Not the best photo of her, but shown for the coat, it was still a bit light out, entrance.
Good thing you didn't take a picture of me. With all the layers, I'm sure I just looked like a walking laundry pile. :lmao:

Before too long, the hostess led us to a table a bit close to the entrance to be perfect, but it wasn’t terribly busy in there at all, and I wasn’t bothered in the least.
I had my back to the entrance, so I didn't notice at all. Besides, with 3 lovely ladies to converse with, why would I want the distraction?

The menu was actually pretty extensive
It was indeed.

I'd been craving spaghetti with a white clam sauce for quite some time and hoped it’d be offered. I was in luck!!
You can't always get what you want...
But you just may find, you get what you need

I don’t recall that between the 4 of us finishing it as it was quite generous.
I didn't notice it said $18 per person and I don't think I paid 18x4. It was generous, though and no we didn't finish. There were a few things left.

The meatballs were phenomenal and obviously had veal or were made to taste like they did- soft, melt-in-your-mouth, so good.
::yes:: Truth!

Doc, you’ll have to chime in about your meal. I know *I* enjoyed the meatballs I tasted off of Mikki's meal, and your salad looked fresh enough, but….?
Well, it's kinda hard to mess up a Ceasar salad, but also hard to make it stand out...it was a salad. ;). The meatballs were fantastic.

Doc had to work the next morning early, so we decided to wrap it up early.
I'm sorry...I didn't mean to be the party pooper.
If I was the reason you didn't get your cookie, I am so so sorry...I would have waited.

Thank you so much again, Doc!!
You're so welcome. Maybe 10 minutes of my time and it saved y'all time and money. Always willing to help out friends.

I have no clever segue to my next set of photos, but I don’t know where else to put them, so let’s hook up with the Happy Haunts for a spin through the Mansion.
What she's not saying dear readers, because she's too kind is the segue is after dealing with the scary, ugly Doc(but happy), it makes sense to talk about the happy haunts.

A ghost did follow me home and has been doing a pretty good job at putting my stuff where I can't find it.
Now I know why I can never find anything!!! Hadn't even occurred to me.

Last edited:
I have thought about Enzo’s, thanks for the review. It seem like DS is the only place to get a ADR nowadays

I love a good meatball yum!
I was thinking to myself, before, I read your posts, why HM wasn’t as awesome as usual. You said it sister! I absolutely love the stretching room and that was what I was missing. It is needed for this ride to get the full experience.
The pictures you took are amazing, love them!
That same darn ghost followed me as well, always taking my keys and phone. :rotfl:

When we eventually get back there, I'll have to put that one on a list.

The décor is super fun with a Roaring 20’s feel and hush-hush, keep-it-quiet overtones mixed in. It’s a place for Uncle Guido and his buddies to make some laundered cash and RHUM seems to be the spirit of choice.

Sounds like a nice theme!

Mikki and I had “overdone” it the night before so we stuck with water. Sad. But we did correct our pacing the rest of the trip and made up for our unfortunate blunder.

Bummer on the over doing it. :sad2:

Cured Meat and Artisanal Cheeses- Prosciutto di Parma, Salame Piccante, Finocchiona, Parmigiano, Fontina, Pecorino, Fontina, Curred Olives, Grissini (bread sticks); minimum of two people- $18.00 per person

I'm guessing from your picture and Doc's comments that you ordered two servings worth. And now I want charcuterie.

I did stick with the Pasta with Clams I had seen on online menus prior to going, Mikki simply stuck with Spaghetti and Meatballs, Kari ordered a simple Burrata Caprese, and Doc, being Keto, ordered Meatballs and a Ceasar Salad.

Everything looked really good! Now I need to have restaurant Linguine and clams! I make mine at home with canned clams, the fresh ones are too much to mess with, but I like them when someone else makes them!

Doc graciously and generously offered to pay for my meal as a graduation gift which was super nice! To top it all off, Doc gave us a ride back to AoA. :goodvibes: Thank you so much again, Doc!!

What a nice guy!

First off…. Skipping the stretching room really detracts from the mood set up.

What? That bites! I guess the stretching room in FL only stretches for effect, whereas it is literally part of the ride in CA.

One year I need to make it down for Festival of the Arts!

I do think you'd love it. I sense you love all things picturesque and pretty and this Festival really focuses on that. I love all of the Festivals, but this one has such unique offerings.
Love the presentation on this!
There were so many pretty dishes, but this one sure did stand out.
Oooh! I would love to learn more about her

She was an amazing artist and one of Walt's favorites. It's worth Googling to learn about her work.
You are eating well! Was all of this one day or spread out over several visits?

This was spread out over 3 EPCOT days. :) Each day was a little warmer so we stayed the longest on the 3rd day we went in.
Great that you could get in early to enjoy the warmth of good food and friends!

It was great to thaw out!!
Haha! I wonder if one has been lurking in my house too!
Annoying and pesky!!

I always feel guilty when at don't order an alcoholic drink at a place like this. I know it is silly to feel guilty but I'm not a big drinker. Enzo's Hideaway looks like a cute place. :)
I do too a little bit, but not enough to get one if I am just not in the mood or I don't see something that really stands out right then. I do try to tip well though. :)

Enzo's is pretty fun- not the best Italian compared to Terralina's, but pretty decent and MUCH better than Maria and Enzo's.

I love being able to walk right on the Dune buggy. The prior system of everyone jostling for position in the loading line was very unpleasant.
I can see that too, but would put up with it just for the elevator bit. ::yes::

I've always wanted to try this too but Mike is so stuck on Homecomin' so we rarely branch out to try anything else!

I get that for sure. I wonder if doing one place that is loved and familiar, but also do one that is new each trip.
Love the decor…so cool!

Very clever for sure!
Oooohhhhh, that looks amazing and is exactly what I would have gotten!

I LOVE a good Caprese for a light dinner or lunch. And especially in summer when the tomatoes are super fresh and sun-ripened. The best one I ever had was at BiCE at the Portofino (Uni) a few years back. Holy smokes was that ever good!

:rotfl2:

I might have one or two of those pesky ghosts around here myself!
Probably one for every time you've been on the HM. LOL!

Did you have to roll yourselves on the plane when you left???

Pretty much. ;)

I've wanted to try it too and was very taken with it, but have yet to go.

I am sure you will get to someday. :)

Yes. This. Exactly. I love the idea of it. Romantic is a good word to describe it.

In a (minorly) dark and somewhat sketchy sort of sense.

So... like... 70?

Har. Har.

That walk is a long ways away.

The length of that walk is directly proportional to the ambient air temperature and/or precipitation status.

What a cool idea for lighting!

For SURE!!!

Me too.
When I went to Homecomin', they tried to put me at what must've been the worst table in the restaurant. Um... no thanks.

Worth the extra wait to be moved.

You wrote about it! :laughing:

I was wondering if any one would actually remember that.

I wondered too. I mean... there has to be some significance with the umbrella?

I would agree!! Totally random and Disney simply does NOT put random stuff like that around for no reason.

Nice of him. :)

Yes, it was.

Yeah Doc. How're your balls?

:oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :bored::bored::bored::bored::bored:

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:
Brain comes to screeching halt and lurches off in other direction.

Sorry about that! Hope your seatbelt was tightly fastened.

Yeah, that's what I was afraid of. :(

It'll be back online soon (ish) I think.

You got some really good ones! Especially in the graveyard.

Why thank you! I kinda like some of them. :)

Always love this scene so much. :goodvibes

It is so perfectly iconic!!

Hard to multiquote on the phone

That it is.

just started a new job last week
Congrats!! Liking it?

My fault. I no longer have an AP because when they finally re-opened, trying to get a park reservation as a FL resident, but NOT staying at a resort was nigh on impossible.

OH such a shame! But I can see that being a roadblock for sure.

And you can imagine if THEY were bundled up what I looked like.

More adequately prepared?

Good thing you didn't take a picture of me. With all the layers, I'm sure I just looked like a walking laundry pile. :lmao:

But a warm one. ;)
I had my back to the entrance, so I didn't notice at all. Besides, with 3 lovely ladies to converse with, why would I want the distraction?

Aw shucks.

You can't always get what you want...
But you just may find, you get what you need
Good axiom!
I didn't notice it said $18 per person and I don't think I paid 18x4. It was generous, though and no we didn't finish. There were a few things left.

I hadn't either and wonder if we just didn't remember that we said "for 2"??
I'm sorry...I didn't mean to be the party pooper.
If I was the reason you didn't get your cookie, I am so so sorry...I would have waited.

Nah, was NOT a priority and I got one on the next trip.
You're so welcome. Maybe 10 minutes of my time and it saved y'all time and money. Always willing to help out friends.

It was really nice and very appreciated.

What she's not saying dear readers, because she's too kind is the segue is after dealing with the scary, ugly Doc(but happy), it makes sense to talk about the happy haunts.
You make me sound like Snow White and a couple of dwarfs. LOL!

Now I know why I can never find anything!!! Hadn't even occurred to me.

Now ya know!
Erp....

So many ways I could go with that, but this is a family friendly board (in theory)
Never stopped the DISDads.....

What a great meal and company. I finally saw this place on our last trip. It is a far walk but so cool looking. You have now made me hungry for some Italian.
And did you get some?? By the way, might be in your neck of the woods mid-September.

Pretty much. ;)
Mission accomplished. ::yes::
In a (minorly) dark and somewhat sketchy sort of sense.
So you're saying... (minorly) scuzzy.
The length of that walk is directly proportional to the ambient air temperature and/or precipitation status.
I disagree. the length is finite. Your perception of time during said walk is variable.
Worth the extra wait to be moved.
Especially when there was zero wait involved.
I said "I don't want to sit there" and they said "How about here?"
I was wondering if any one would actually remember that.
Sorry about that! Hope your seatbelt was tightly fastened.
Not a problem. Just some bruising.
It'll be back online soon (ish) I think.
I think so too. Certainly hope so!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter