The ABC's of a BSN Celebration! Trip Wrap up; Final Thoughts (7/11)

Hi Liesa! It's taken me a couple days, but I'm caught up!

It's so great to see you back on the boards and here!! YAY!!! I was thinking about you during my trip as we'd talked a few days before I left. It was so great to catch up and commiserate some. I hope you're on the mend in big ways and feeling so much better!
I never did get the chance to try that soI hope they do bring it back soon.

Me too!! Maybe it's just gone, like so many other things, because of Covid and it'll make a delicious return when things open back up more.

How sweet!

Love when a little Mickey-magic happens!
That's the one I would have wante. Sadly, when we went a couple weeks ago I was barely eating and didn't get too many good snacks. The one thing I did enjoy was the pretzels (minus the cheese sauce) and they aren't something I normally try. Lime anything is my favorite so hopefully I'm eating better and those stick around for August.
That was kind of me. Partly d/t the sx and feeling crappy, and partly d/t just the dynamics of the trip in general and my company. I wish the last pretzel I got was good. It was pretty dry and I think because it was late in the day and a bit stale. The Peter Pan floats been around for a couple of years now, so I can't imagine them going away. They are pretty popular. Then again, I thought the Pineapple Upsidedown cake was here to stay too. :( But, I really hope you get to try one, I REALLY love them on a hot day with the Sprite. :yes:

What is it?

Affogado is a small scoop of vanilla gelato with espresso poured over it. It's a very common afternoon snack all over Italy. I had plans to eat a million of them on my Italy trip (for 2 years in a row now that never happened) so getting one at EPCOT was a nice consolation prize.

:sad:
Welcome back! I feel like we may have had similar trips ::yes::

Thanks, Sweet Friend. I imagine we did... just a lot of hobbling around (mostly scootering for me) and taking in the sights. And sleepless nights and pain medication.
Well, my photos are always "cell phone crap," so I won't complain
LOL!!! Sometimes I do wonder if the whole camera/heavy lenses rigamarole is all worth it and that cell phone shots aren't honestly "just as good". Certainly not on the Safari or on the dark rides, but overall, heh, I guess when I do my next TR which will be 100% cell, I"ll let the readers decide. :laughing:

Ugh. Another problem of being behind. I hope everything is OK.

It ended up being fine. The biopsy came back clean, but the scar on my brow will take a few months to fade, unfortunately.

Now back in 2009 at the D23 Expo, there was a presentation from a guy who wrote the music for all the Space Mountains around the World. He started in Anaheim and rode Space all night after the park closed. Then he (and his handler) got on a plane to Orlando. I think he got a few hours to sleep in the hotel room before they spent that night riding Space at MK.

Then they flew across the pond to Paris. I think he might have gotten a slightly longer break due to the timing of the flight, and park hours. But again he rode that Space all night. Evidently he took notes of all the twists and turns and sights, etc. As he rode each different mountain.

Finally they flew to Tokyo for his last Space Mtn. He said that it took an entire week to visit them all, not sure how long it took him to recover! But I'm not sure if it's the same soundtrack because that was almost 11 years ago when the presentation was given.

OK, someone probably beat me to it. I'm not reading the chatter, I googled it and it was Michael Giacchino! At the time I didn't know who he was, but he's written TONS of great soundtracks. We've played his music in band, he has lots of songs on my Disney Playlist. That was in 2005 they changed the soundtracks.

WHOA!!! What a SUPER cool presentation that would have been! and an amazing story to his inspiration and process!

I will look up his other works and see if they're comparable and/or enjoyable! THanks!!!

I rarely ride Space in MK, it's just too jerky. I've never noticed those scenes.

Far too jerky for my old bones these days!

I get both sides, but for me, I never ride it because every time I ride it I get soaked and I just don't like getting soaked.

I'm a weenie and almost always wear a poncho now. I will sorely miss Zip-a-Dee-Do-Dah!

Yay! Thanks for the backstory! That's cute!

I thought so too!! Makes the whole attraction that much better and understandable.

:goodvibes

I'm doing more DISing from my phone and less puzzles in the morning.

YAY!!! That means more Alison chatter!

That's me too! I did all sorts of questionable stuff as a kid that parents would have been horrified today. We drank out of hoses, trudged through poison oak, fished for tadpoles in the creek, played with them as frogs when they grew up....

Fran on the other hand catches almost any bug within 100 feet of her.

Yep, did all of that too. Such great childhood shenanigans we had! Baseball games, skinny dipping, street racing.... riding in the back of pickup trucks on the 215.... sometimes life just has to be lived.

Actually I do those every time! Since Fran has a hard time with most of the rides, the easy animals to get to are our favorites.

Plus the theming is just so gorgeous. :lovestruc
That's an amazing shot! All of my pictures they are little specs in the far back near the fence.

IT was a major stroke of pure luck.
The Naked Mole Rat. I just like the sound of that!

Otherwise it would be the Tigers on the walk in China.
I got to spend a bit of time watching them on this last trip as we got trapped in there during a downpour with a jillion other people. I call them the grossest cutest animals on Earth. :laughing:

I'm all down with it now! As you may have seen on my TR, except DL changed the 1PM to noon, probably something to do with the parkhopping after 1PM rule.

Yes, I think that's exactly why that is in effect although I couldn't ride it this (latest) trip so didn't bother.

I am so happy to be going back! In fact we are going today, but we have been having so much fun for the last four days, we both woke up this morning totally exhausted. That's why I've been able to catch up so much here. She is fast asleep. Soon Cali will open back up, but until then, no one can plan.

I'm sure you did! How fun you can be back enjoying your happy place and soaking it all up. Kari mentioned she and I should head down there someday again soon, but not sure when or how that can happen. But here's to hoping. I miss Carsland and would love to see the changes to Pixar Place.

Well then hopefully I will catch up soon!

You did!!
Maybe when I ride it with a group again, I will give pilot a shot.

I finally found the secret on this trip and we ROCKED it. No crashes and got 2 cannisters of whatever it is we are supposed to. (yes, I know I should remember it)
I'll get there, later....

You did!!
We went to a swanky restaurant that had nice menus last night. It was so....normal!

I saw that and drooled!! You all looked like you were having so much fun and sure wished I could have been there to help you celebrate!! :hug:
What ride were we talking about?

I have no idea!!!! LOL!
Thank you! Now when was my trip? I'd have to look at the photo album. Yes it was so long ago I actually made albums!
I am going to need to work on my photo organizing skills. What a horrible MESS they are in!! I can hardly find ANYTHING anymore. :(
I'm sorry this was disappointing for you. The idea of Avocado Toast never really appealed to me, although Fran has been eating it long before it was trendy.
OH a trend-setter she is! ;)

Maybe someday I'll get back there and give it one more shot. 2/3!! LOL!

Those look really good! We ended up there at breakfast and they didn't have them then. :sad2:

Well, poop!! Hopefully you'll be able to get back there soon and grab and order. You won't be sorry!
I love a good Ham and Cheese Croissant but I don't think I've had one from there. I prefer cheddar over Swiss. Usually they are all sold out by the time I come rolling in.

They do sell out for sure. What I wish $ixbucks WOULD have at the parks is the Sous Vide Egg Bites. Those are my AM go-to should I happen to drive through there.
They had cake?

YES!!!! And it was darned good too. Paired with the cold, and somewhat tart soft serve, it was really a fantastic, and big enough treat to serve as a small meal.
Hmm...orange sounds good. Is this seasonal?

Nope. Sunshine Tree Terrace has this all the time, or at least as long as I can remember. I've wanted to try it for years and finally got around to it. Probably a One and Done for me.
That sounds really good! This one is seasonal right?

Nope, the PP Float seems like it's gonna stick around. YAY!!!!
Hopefully with this post, I'm caught up here!

Almost! LOL!
That's entirely possible. Probably Platinum.
I'd have to agree, although the Management CM types that I tried to ask looked at me like I had 3 heads. It was an awkward encounter.

I miss that cake. :(
Me too. I used to have my cake and eat it too. Can't now. :sad:

You have a good point.
Please quit talking about my head.

Nah, I can be rather dense at times. Kind of like a neutron star.
Huh?

White chocolate is icky. Goes straight to the trash
No way! Coffee is life.
I will happily give you my coffee on Tuesday for a white chocolate today.

In reality, you could have my coffee any day if I had any. Prefer not upchucking, so only way I'd habe any is if it's for a nice person(like you).

It is super cool. Now to figure out how to do it.
Knowing you, it will simply be a matter of when...not if.

has 3!!! THREE slideouts accommodating a Queen-sized bed, huge living room, and an entertainment center. Love how big it is!
Yep, that's pretty big. Something I may need to consider. Of course I'd want the truck too so I could travel.

When I turn it into my Epic She-Shack it'll be EVEN BETTER!
More like a she-mansion, me thinks.

One thing I am not so happy about with this Covid thing is that you can’t sip as you walk. It’s extremely inconvenient and drinks get warm and watered down if you plan to tote it to another location to finally get to it.
I agree 100%. It has totally ruined the pink slushee drink from the booth at France. It is my favorite Flower and Garden festival drink, but I didn't even order it once during this trip. I can't stand and drink it all at once. the masks have ruined that. But at least we will be done with masks by our next trip in October.
Luckily, we found a PERFECT table down by the water pond and our mobile order was done fairly quickly. I just adore eating down in that cooler area by the lovely water feature and that view!!
I love the seating area at Flame Tree. Unfortunately, the food wasn't very good when we were there a few years ago. Maybe it is better now.
Do you have a favorite memory of a food stop/meal in AK?
We had the most fun at Tusker House for breakfast with the characters. We had a huge family group and we were near the end of the breakfast service. The characters kept coming to our table because most of the restaurant was empty by then. I can't remember all the funny stuff that happened, I just remember how much fun it was. :)

Animal Kingdom is a great runner-up for “Best Schnacks Park” after EPCOT, but take away the Festivals, and it’d be a much closer 2nd.
I'd have to agree. Sooooo many good things to eat at AK!
I just think it has a nice variety of non-traditional goodies that are out-of-the-theme-park-box, from Spiced Fries, to Eggrolls, to Mac and Cheese…..
::yes:: You hit all my faves. :goodvibes
Unfortunately, this trip ended up being sparse on the AK snack-a-thoning.
Well... poop!
Mary Ellen suggested we stop in at the Restaurantosaurus Lounge for some sips to have with our lunch. She was able to use her AP or TIW card (sorry can’t remember which) for a discount, but also went above and beyond and treated both Mik and me to a pretty stout, by Disney standards, cocktail.
Nice of her. I think of all those, I'd pick the Tequilasaurus
We all tasted each other’s, and I think all of us ended up happiest with the ones we’d ordered
That worked out well. :)
One thing I am not so happy about with this Covid thing is that you can’t sip as you walk.
Riiiight. Can't wear a mask and sip at the same time.
The kids have some good memories from there of birds swiping food from kids too little to effectively guard their plates,
:laughing:
She also informed me that Harambe Market sucked, which I tend to agree with.
Yes... and no.
I've eaten there before and it was... awful.

And yet...
The Frozen Flamingo is one of my favourite drinks! (Second only (I think!!) to the Night Blossom in Pandora.)
Also, they've completely changed the menu since I last ate there, so I'd give it another try.
I don’t recall the BBQ pork-topped Mac and Cheese being on the menu before (at Flame Tree;
Oh, yes. Been there for a while. Never been tempted though. At least not enough to actually get it.
Just look at that cheesy, melty, tangy-topped goodness! Capped with onion rings and slaw? HELLO!
It does look pretty good!
It was EASILY enough to feed all 3 of us, mostly because Mikki was a little oinker and also ordered the half BBQ Chicken as well.
:lmao:
The chicken was super moist (raise your hand if you hate that word as much as I do,
Nope. Doesn't bother me.
but find it comes in handy for things like oven-roasted chicken and your braline on a hot, summer day?
:lmao:
IMG_5925%20%28Edited%29-L.jpg
Nice shot! Love the depth.
Kusafiri’s was/is closed for their cinnamon rolls,
Well... that's not okay! Those things are amazing!
it’s no lie I have really missed my 8 Spoons the last 2 trips.
:(
Possibly the best thing in all of Disney.
I had to make do with the Y&Y Eggrolls which aren’t bad, but they aren’t memorable either
No. They're not. I would much prefer the chicken fried rice.
One afternoon, flying solo, I grabbed a Frozen Chai Latte and should have let well enough alone. But nooooo…. I let myself be upsold with not one, but 2 shots of Baileys to be dumped in for a RIDICULOUS extra $10 or $12 or so. I don’t even know, but the thing ended up costing me dang near $20 and the sad part? It was, while tasty enough, NOT WORTH IT!!! At all.
Well that's disappointing!
And yeah... you'd think you'd be unable to not taste all that Baileys.
I used the time to catch up on my trip notes and make some calls. I really love those quiet, slow down moments to just enjoy the atmosphere, scenery, music and people watching.
Wait...
Catching up on trip notes... fine. But making calls...
For me that's just not restful. I want peace and quiet.
Now, it’s YOUR TURN! Do you have a favorite memory of a food stop/meal in AK?
You've mentioned it already. 8 Spoons. That shrimp mac n cheese is stunningly good.
Mine might be enjoying a quiet moment eating Kamal’s Fries on the “Red Chairs” gazing at the TOL during the projection show.
And that's probably a close second. :)

The Tucson portion was very short, but I managed to get done what I wanted to so that's good!
:thumbsup2
I'm sure all Canadians are glad they did- well, those that did. But good things are happening in both countries and I think we're on the downhill-side of this thing. I have a good feeling- better than I did say 3 months ago!
I really hope things get back to... well as close to normal as they can. And soon!
When I turn it into my Epic She-Shack it'll be EVEN BETTER!
:laughing: Well... go you!

I've become a defector. IMHO, the Lime is bomb and the Kakamora (coconut) a close second.
Oh my gosh, I had the Kakamora float and it was so delicious except I had such heartburn after it, I thought I was a goner, lol 😂 I wonder if it was the combo of the coconut and pineapple juice, it was killer on my gut!
The last couple of times I’ve eaten there, the ribs, chicken, and sausages were dry as the Bone Yard sand.
Haha, I always laugh at you posts, we had the tikka there once and it was meh!
I just adore eating down in that cooler area by the lovely water feature and that view!!! Who could get tired of that view of Everest over the lake?! It’s usually pretty clean and most of the tables have an umbrella to keep you cooler
We love that area and Flametree has the best onion rings
raise your hand if you hate that word as much as I do, but find it comes in handy for things like oven-roasted chicken and your braline on a hot, summer day?)
laughing again, at your posts
Do you have a favorite memory of a food stop/meal in AK? A certain place that you always stop for a traditional snack or drink? Do tell!
I have to say Nomad lounge ribs and churros, so relaxing there!

That Upside Down cake with Pineapple soft serve was dope.
I am not a Dole Whip fan at all BUT I did get it with the Upside Down cake and loved that cake!!! I hope they bring it back!
One thing I am not so happy about with this Covid thing is that you can’t sip as you walk. It’s extremely inconvenient and drinks get warm and watered down if you plan to tote it to another location to finally get to it.
YES. Having been so many times since the reopening I'm used to all the "things" but this one really gets me. So you need to either stay put whenever you want a beverage or make a point to continuously stop. Annoying!!

So I used to really enjoy Harambe Market when they had chicken tikka masala and those huge corndog like sausages lol. It's probably been about 3 years since we've eaten there and of course now the meu is different an not as appealing to me. It's too bad because it was a nice option for awhile

It was so great to catch up and commiserate some. I hope you're on the mend in big ways and feeling so much better!

Definitely, thanks! I hope the same for you!

I had plans to eat a million of them on my Italy trip (for 2 years in a row now that never happened) so getting one at EPCOT was a nice consolation prize.

Aw, boo :sad1: Maybe next year??

Thanks, Sweet Friend. I imagine we did... just a lot of hobbling around (mostly scootering for me) and taking in the sights. And sleepless nights and pain medication.

After chatting with you just before my trip, I ended up calling and getting myself a scooter and thank GOODNESS I did because I was actually feeling REALLY horrible the first few days. I think I'm going to start a TR soon so you'll hear more about this, but thank you for giving me the idea to get one!

Please quit talking about my head.
Remember the Coneheads?

I hear that Neutron Stars are very dense.
I will happily give you my coffee on Tuesday for a white chocolate today.

You're making me quite nostalgic. Popeye was such a fave of mine.

Knowing you, it will simply be a matter of when...not if.

The move is going to preoccupy me for a while.

Yep, that's pretty big. Something I may need to consider. Of course I'd want the truck too so I could travel.

I imagine I'll get a truck down the road but one thing at a time.

I agree 100%. It has totally ruined the pink slushee drink from the booth at France. It is my favorite Flower and Garden festival drink, but I didn't even order it once during this trip. I can't stand and drink it all at once. the masks have ruined that. But at least we will be done with masks by our next trip in October.

I can totally see that. Plus they've taken away almost ALL of the places to actually sit and enjoy a drink and with only one party at a table allowed you can't even just "stand and drink". Totally dumb. I'd say masks are quickly going to be a thing of the past. The number I"m hearing is 70% vaxxed and masks will begin to phase out. Thank GOD!!!

I love the seating area at Flame Tree. Unfortunately, the food wasn't very good when we were there a few years ago. Maybe it is better now.

Oh poop!! That's such a shame. I am wondering if I need to give Harambe another shot as it's been such a long time, but you know... gun shy.

We had the most fun at Tusker House for breakfast with the characters. We had a huge family group and we were near the end of the breakfast service. The characters kept coming to our table because most of the restaurant was empty by then. I can't remember all the funny stuff that happened, I just remember how much fun it was. :)

One place I"ve never been. But would definitely try someday. Interesting how individual memories fade, but an overall impression can linger for a lifetime. :goodvibes:

I'd have to agree. Sooooo many good things to eat at AK!

And even better things (or at least additional things) at the Lodges not too far away #sanaabreadservice
::yes:: You hit all my faves. :goodvibes

Thought I might have!
Nice of her. I think of all those, I'd pick the Tequilasaurus

None of them were bad at all.

Riiiight. Can't wear a mask and sip at the same time.

Nope. And finding a place to leisurely sip is HARD these days- esp at EPCOT. By the time you find one, the drink is warm and watery.

Yes... and no.
I've eaten there before and it was... awful.
You and I are NOT the only ones to share this opinion.

And yet...
The Frozen Flamingo is one of my favourite drinks!

I remember you writing about this, and actually wanted to try it a couple weeks ago (I had remembered) but they were closed when I scootered by.

Also, they've completely changed the menu since I last ate there, so I'd give it another try.

As would I. And, I kinda wanna so I can sit down by the train tracks and wave to the riders.

Oh, yes. Been there for a while. Never been tempted though. At least not enough to actually get it.

So strange I've never noticed it, but wasn't really looking for it either I guess.

Nice shot! Love the depth.

Thanks, I added some "oil painting" effect as I thought I'd try to make it a bit "dreamy"/painting-ish.

Well... that's not okay! Those things are amazing!

And too big for one person!
:(
Possibly the best thing in all of Disney.

I would definitely have to agree with you.
No. They're not. I would much prefer the chicken fried rice.

That fried rice there IS good!!
all that Baileys.

This. This is where my suspicions become uneasy.
Wait...
Catching up on trip notes... fine. But making calls...
For me that's just not restful. I want peace and quiet.

Not when you're talking to your bestie and checking in with mom. LOL!
That shrimp mac n cheese is stunningly good.

Why yes it is!
I really hope things get back to... well as close to normal as they can. And soon!
I think things are on an awesome trajectory for getting WAY better!

Oh my gosh, I had the Kakamora float and it was so delicious except I had such heartburn after it, I thought I was a goner, lol 😂 I wonder if it was the combo of the coconut and pineapple juice, it was killer on my gut!

OH crap. Heartburn super sucks but esp when you're trying to enjoy rides and more food and it's hot.... UGH! I struggled with it a lot this last trip too related to my sx and it was NOT fun. AT all. So I get that and whole-heartedly commiserate!

Haha, I always laugh at you posts, we had the tikka there once and it was meh!

;)

We love that area and Flametree has the best onion rings

TBH, I'm not a huge onion ring fan but will nibble on one if given the chance. Because speaking of heartburn, I just try to mostly avoid deep fried food in general.

I have to say Nomad lounge ribs and churros, so relaxing there!

My favey lounge, although Geyser Point might tie it for first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter