• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The ABCs of a New 'Ohana Adventure-G is for: Greetings From Teppan, Good-Byes, and Good News!!! - COMPLETED 1/7

I don’t know. Never been to Tokyo. How many people are there??

A little more than on a typical MNSSHP night.

Nice one, (given the costuming.)

Why thanks. ;)

Not at all surprised! You guys looked great!

Thanks!! We had a ball with them!

Sooo... You’re saying it was hot?

No. It was HOT!!

But if you’re gonna go... at least you’re going at Disney.

And just think, if I died, I was already mostly cremated. My kids could have just scattered my ashes in HM that night too.

Yeah... lots.
But I’ll still go again.
Too much fun!!

Me too. Still enough to do without waiting in lines.

Generally, not do I. But I’ve only tried Casey’s... and they sucked.

Correct. The only thing worth getting there is the Yummy Nuggies.

:) Good to hear! Maybe I’ll try one there instead.

I was impressed. Much better than Caseys.

Just for laughs?

:blush:

:clown:

No, don’t believe so. First I’ve heard.

Then allow me: IT WAS HOT!!

You sure look great and look like you’re having fun. :)

THanks and we sure did!!

Yes. Going in there is risking life and sanity.

Just use your earbuds.

I have to give all credit to Mikki for that one. She's' the one who came up with that one.

Really!
hmmm. I’ve had one. It was very good. But better??? I need to go back and compare.

I just prefer it over the other, but I know most wouldn't say that.

You’d trust Hatter’s watch????

Sure. We're ALL mad aren't we?

:rotfl:
Wow that’s quick thinking!

It was so awesome!! I love those live actors. But you have to engage and not just walk by.

That’s their names! Couldn’t remember

I remembered Carlotta for sure, was pretty sure about her sister, but had to Google to confirm her and Broome.

Seeing the guests’ costumes is part of the attraction of going in the first place.

For sure, what might keep me going despite the crowds.

Would take too long to find photos.
but dressing up (for me) is an absolute highlight.

I've seen many of your MNSSHP photos and you always do very well! And I'd agree, despite the overload of people, just seeing the other costumes makes it almost worth it.

How are you feeling???
Hi Jenny!! Thank you so much for asking! :hug: The last couple of days have been pretty good, in fact today, I had very, very little, if any pain at all. However, before that for about a week, it was not so good as I was trying to figure out the right dosing of my meds to find a good balance. The first couple of days back to work really sucked as I was hurting and stiff all over and my hand felt like it was on fire from the nerve pain/damage. But, in general I'm feeling like it's an improving trend. :)

I love when you see their creativity blossom. So nice to see your kids building connections with each other as young adults too. :goodvibes

It's the BEST!!! So awesome to see them spend time together and enjoy each other's company.

So, so lucky! The parties are fabulous!

I was lucky!! Those photos from the 2nd party coming at some point...

My dates aren't working out for MNSSHP as we have to be back early for meetings before the school year starts. Jack is taking spring semester as he switched majors and has to get a couple of pre-reqs for his third year courses. So it looks like we will go late June/early July although I am waiting on my DVC package from Disney so I can check availability. His one request was a night at the Yacht Club so will try to swing that. I am just thrilled that my almost 20 year old wants to go on a trip with his mom. :)

OH a summer trip. I'm sad you'll miss MNSSHP, but totally understand the need to work around work and school schedules. Especially college terms.

I've never gotten to stay at Yacht Club, but sure hope to one day! How nice Jack is taking an interest in the trip and planning it a bit. I think my 22 years, Zach would go on one with me as he's my little travel buddy and the one who loves Disney most.

Well yeah, but Fran just bought me stuff from sutlers, you know how she likes to do that.

OH the sutlers! We called them the camp robbers as a friendly poke. I was always tempted by their wares as well. $$$$$$$$$

As for knowing Fran and her love of all things "merchandise"... yes, I do. :laughing:

When we went to the masquerade ball (next bonus coming up) security gave us a huge hassle and they had a representative there to let us through with masks. They were not going to, and we were pretty obviously dressed up beyond regular Disney attire. It was tough.

OH I can't wait!! I saw one photo on FB and your dress was AMAZEBALLS!!!! And seriously?! That is over-the-top ridonculous... it was a masquerade ON PROPERTY for crying out loud. Brother.

Definitely, there just wasn't enough beyond the slinky for me to get it.

Ah, they had cute noses and the brown duds. but I can see it was a little tough.

That's OK. I'm in Florida and happen to have an evening where I'm not exhausted and such so I'm catching up on a few TRs. I'm going to take a bath after this, so good night!

Nighty night!! Hope you're having a magical, wonderful time!!

Hope you had a good first day back at work this week!

First days back were tough. But tomorrow's Friday and it's been a good week overall. Each day is a little easier.

I am here! I finally made it over!!! I am slowly making my way through. I am only up to C but I till get there. Promise.

YAY!!! You're here!!! :welcome: ! :welcome: :welcome:

I"m tickled you found your way over. :D

I try to make my chapters easy to get through quickly and I hope you're enjoying the journey so far. :hug:

Friends,

I do believe that catches me up at least here. I have LOTS of work to do catching up on EVERYONE else's threads but hopefully this weekend I can devote some time to reading and commenting. Meanwhile, I'm trying to settle into work again and getting used to being on a schedule again, working 40+ hours a week, coming home tired, and figuing out meds so that I have the least amount of pain with the minimum amount of drowsiness. Just adjusting...

I'd been away for enough time that for my primary (full time place) I'd forgotten how to assemble our paper charts!! And at my part time job, I basically had to re-learn everything! I was terrified for my shift there on Wednesday. It did come back quickly, and by the end of the shift I was mostly back to where I'd left off 7 weeks ago.

I sure hope everyone is doing well; I feel a bit out of touch over the last week and a half! Now..... onto editing the next batch of photos.

I don't know what that is. But knowing you, I'm sure it's delicious. And either made of meat or sugar.

Scrapple is sort of what it sounds it's an acquired taste. Pork scraps with some cornmeal and buckwheat flour, made into a sort of patty.

I'm trying to settle into work again and getting used to being on a schedule again, working 40+ hours a week, coming home tired, and figuing out meds so that I have the least amount of pain with the minimum amount of drowsiness. Just adjusting...

Good luck settling back in. I know it must be diffucult.

Holy crowded!!!
No. It was HOT!!
Oh! So I think you're saying it was hot.
And just think, if I died, I was already mostly cremated. My kids could have just scattered my ashes in HM that night too.
Good mom. Always making it easier for the kids.
Me too. Still enough to do without waiting in lines.
::yes::
Not quite getting what you're trying to say, here.
THanks and we sure did!!
:)
Just use your earbuds.
I do!
Sure. We're ALL mad aren't we?
Well... yes.
I've seen many of your MNSSHP photos and you always do very well!
Thanks. :)
And I'd agree, despite the overload of people, just seeing the other costumes makes it almost worth it.
::yes::

Wait! Is that even possible?

No. It was HOT!!
Are you sure? I'm not convinced.

That's both ewww and funny at the same time.
I knew you were dreaming of being the 1000th, but sheesh!

You make it sound as if you were wearing a flannel and plastic outfit in FL or something.

Erp!

Never mind.

I have to give all credit to Mikki for that one. She's' the one who came up with that one.
Having met her, I see this...she seems to have that fun, playful spirit.

The last couple of days have been pretty good, in fact today, I had very, very little, if any pain at all. However, before that for about a week, it was not so good as I was trying to figure out the right dosing of my meds to find a good balance. The first couple of days back to work really sucked as I was hurting and stiff all over and my hand felt like it was on fire from the nerve pain/damage. But, in general I'm feeling like it's an improving trend. :)
Glad to hear this. I had been wondering, but dis time still at a premium.

I'm trying to settle into work again and getting used to being on a schedule again, working 40+ hours a week, coming home tired, and figuing out meds so that I have the least amount of pain with the minimum amount of drowsiness.
Glad you're doing better and :hug:

Last edited:
N is for: Nowhere to be Found (MNSSHP Party #2)

Little Bo-Peep has lost her sheep,

and doesn't know where to find them;
leave them alone, And they'll come home,
wagging (bringing) their tails behind them.

Bo Peep was eager for her party and dressed in her favorite fineries for the evening's festivities. Being a good shepherdess, naturally she kept her sheep close by to be cared for and watched closely. Making sure all was in order, she flagged down the nearest farm cart and made the short journey to town along with a quite sizeable herd of cattle. Many were lowing which set her small flock to bleating making for quite a noisy ride. Her crook came in handy more than once to keep the more oaf-like, hairy beasts at bay. The farmer bid her good evening and wished her well as she daintily stepped off the cart avoiding the offending substances left behind by the cattle. Gathering her small flock to her, and counting them carefully, she set off to the town’s gates. One little lambkin was acting a bit frisky already so she scooped him up to take extra care to not lose him. She knew once on the Main Street that the atmosphere of the party might be a distraction to the youngest of her flock and they’d forget to stay close to her.

Once inside the gates, Bo Peep refined her plan and guided her flock up the merry street with the happy music playing all around her. The sheep seemed to wag their tails to the rhythm of the instruments bleating happily in sight just in front off her. The crowds became thicker as there were many party-goers in the village for this Celebration of All Hallows Eve, and a spooky atmosphere lent excitement to the air. This was Bo’s first All Hallows Eve Party in the village, so she stopped for a commemorative keepsake with the Kingdom’s Castle in the background.

It didn’t take long, but the Village Illustrator took just a few moments too long and when Bo turned to gather her flock to move on, she realized that they had continued on without her. They were nowhere in sight among the throngs of Villagers and panic began to arise in Bo’s thinking, but rather than act like the chickens of her farm, she hatched a plan to methodically look for their wagging tails behind them.

Her first idea was to find a ride to the Village Elders and enlist their help in dispatching others to aid in her search. She found a very respectable looking group of old men who were also seeking a ride to the Elders Tent, but when she struck out her hand to formally introduce herself and finding it only an apparition, she became wary and knew that this All Hallows Eve might truly be one comprised of her very most frightening nightmares.

Striking out on her own to find the Elders' Tent, she ran across 2 finely dressed gentlemen carrying spades. Their appearance in the moonlight gave them an eerie, whitish appearance much like she imagined those living across the Sea in a land called Oregon she’d once heard of must appear in early February. Their affect was oddly flat, and they didn’t speak much, almost as if they weren’t among the living. However, she never felt in danger as they gave sad expression to not knowing the whereabouts of her sheep.

She did leave wondering, however, what exactly they were looking for under the earth so late at night and thought she might want to pick up the pace in looking for her sheep with a slight shudder while bidding them good-bye.

Suddenly, whilst deep in thought about which road to take next to the Elders' Tent, a very careless man on horseback nearly ran her over! He was also headed in the direction of the Leaders and seemed not to even see her at all. It became clear as to why as he paused beside her… “It must be very hard to see where one is going with no head!” While he muttered an apology, she politely asked him if he’d happened to see her sheep in his ride through the village.

Suddenly, she noticed that he was carrying a pumpkin to light his way. It was at that point that Bo knew she was becoming more upset at the loss of her flock because she could have sworn she’d just talked to a headless rider carrying a pumpkin lantern as the entire scene played again in her mind as he galloped away. Was this for real?! The hairs on her neck prickled and she hurried away on the road most traveled and she was glad she hadn't asked for a ride to her destintation.

In an alert state of mind, Bo clipped along the muddy track as the wind whistled in the bare-branched trees above her. The full moon gave light to her path and she began to despair at her situation. She needn’t have worried though, for there was something about sheep she would learn by the end of the night. Nevertheless, she traveled on in search of anyone who could help her in her plight.

As she briskly walked, the faint tune of "Here comes the bride" was gaining on her and she turned to see a ghostly, smiling woman all in white who surely must have been on her way to her wedding party!! The expression on her face gave her excitement away. It’s like she’d done this before and knew how much fun getting married is.

“Good evening, Ma’am! I’m looking for my sheep; have you seen them along your way?”

“No, but you can always check my attic! I’m so sorry! I must hurry along, I have to find my next husband…”

Bo thought that was the oddest conversation she’d ever had, but shrugged it off as she was far more worried about finding her little lambs.

The Elders’ Tent couldn’t be far now, so she set out with a renewed sense of urgency as the events of the last while were making her know without a doubt that spooky happenings were all around her. The lights had turned a supernatural green and purple and fog began to rise from the ground in sinister swirls. Along the path at one point, her lone lamb bleated out and she wondered if the remainder of the flock might be very nearby. She searched on the hillside rising up beside her only to find the headstones of a few other unfortunate animals who’d met their earthly demise. In the distance a stately manor of the Village Landlord rose up and she wondered if her fluffy stock had been taken in for shelter and care.

With trepidation, she entered the Manor and began to tiptoe through the dark and musty rooms trying to find the owner of such a grand, albeit dusty estate. Things seemed to be in such disrepair she wondered what kind of owner and Landlord lived here. As she rounded one particular darkened corner, she came face to face with a tankard toting man who startled her greatly.

With a reassuring voice he calmed her fears and offered her a draught from his drink which steadied her nerves. Together they discussed her plight and made a plan to continue the hunt for the sheep that must surely be terrified at being separated from their usually responsible shepherdess. The Landlord who turned out to be quite a nice, unsuspecting, unpretentious man thought he might have an idea as to where the sheep might be and asked if she wanted to go on an adventure. Desperate to find her flock, she’d do anything to search far and wide for them.

Leading her to a boat dock on the outskirts of town, he explained that he knew of another settlement across the river that was full of unsavory scum who pillaged and caused mayhem wherever they were. He knew just the place that, had they stolen her sheep, they’d find them. The Landlord was right! The village over the river was riddled with bearded, smelly folk that reeked of booze and a lack of bathing. Soon they came to the Village’s Central Square where an auction was in progress in which animals and human captives were being sold to the highest bidders. She spied a flock of chickens in a box clucking in panic each time a marauder fired a black powder round. Then more carefully she took in the scene around her and, while she saw a donkey, some dogs, a few pigs, and a stray flea-bitten cat, she did not espy any sheep anywhere in this rough, lawless village. Suddenly, a drunken pirate reached out his dirty, hairy arm snapping Bo out of her concentrated search, and just in time, she deftly used her crook, for she was an expert, to pull her companion to safety. At first the Landlord misunderstood her intentions and thought she was aiming for his head, but when he heard the eye-patched rogue growl aside him, he understood the peril he'd nearly missed. It was close, but they both knew in that moment she had saved his life from being pulled into the dark waters and taken captive.

Satisfied her sheep were not in this vile village, The Landlord and Bo made their way back across the river where they parted company after he pointed her down the right path to get to the Village Elders’ Tent. Oddly, she found herself back on the Main Street where the height of the Festival was taking place. The throngs lined the street as the revelers paraded in their finest costumes, the music was playing, and yet Bo was frantic over her lost sheep. In desperation, she stopped a petite blonde girl in a blue dress and an eccentric man in an oversized hat to ask if they’d seen her stray hoofstock anywhere in the village.

The answer came swiftly, but cryptically… from the man who goes by Hatter: “Leave them alone, and they’ll come home!” Bo had never lost her sheep before and had always kept very close to them, but she had exhausted the places to look in the village and was so tired that she decided to take Hatter’s advice and go back to her little home near the grassy fields and resume her search again in the morning.

The return home didn’t take long on the farmer’s cart she’d hitched a ride on and, as she approached the gates to her small dwelling, she could just make out the forms of her beloved flock of furry friends. The littlest lamb in her grasp began to frantically bleat and leapt out of her arms rushing to his found companions. A wave of relief washed over Bo Peep as she recalled Hatter’s words and smiled at their little tails wagging behind them. Reunited after a long, strange evening full of odd meetings, Bo fell into bed happy to leave All Hallows Eve until next year thinking perhaps it would be best to leave her sheep at home during any future festivals. Unfortunately, the strange happenings of the evening gave her some very macabre dreams!

Or were they....?

Did you know there are 4 more macabre verses to Little Bo Peep:

Little Bo-Peep fell fast asleep,
and dreamt she heard them bleating;
but when she awoke, she found it a joke,
for they were still a-fleeting.

Then up she took her little crook,
determined for to find them;
she found them indeed, but it made her heart bleed,
for they'd left their tails behind them.

It happened one day,
as Bo-Peep did strayinto a meadow hard by,
there she espied their tails side by side,
all hung on a tree to dry.

She heaved a sigh and wiped her eye,
and over the hillocks went rambling,
and tried what she could, as a shepherdess should,
to tack each again to its lambkin.[1][2]

Now, it's YOUR turn:

With Valentine's Day coming up, do you give your kids (if you have them) a little gift? Or do you exchange or give anything with anyone other than a sweetheart? Work is having a potluck (any reason for food, right?) but I'm also thinking of doing a little something for each of my close-by kiddos this year (it'll be a first).

Bo Peep sure had a busy night looking for those darn sheep! She met many odd characters along the way!
I usually send the kids a card with some treat money in it!

Your costume is amazing! How in the world did you pack that?

I had never heard of the other verses for Bo Peep and you are right, they are macarbe.

I usually do treats for the boys on Valentine's. Bill's mom and my Aunt Shirley always sent them a card with a little cash and my mom would send treats too.

Bo Peep sure had a busy night looking for those darn sheep! She met many odd characters along the way!
I usually send the kids a card with some treat money in it!
She was super busy all night long! And man, those Festivals are so full of odd characters for sure!! Some scary, some quite friendly but altogether ghostly!

I was thinking of a "basket" of sorts like an Easter Basket but other stuff. I dunno, never done anything like that before.

Your costume is amazing! How in the world did you pack that?

The hoops folded up and laid flat and the dress actually folded nicely. And for the first time in a very long time I had 2 checked bags.

I had never heard of the other verses for Bo Peep and you are right, they are macarbe.

Isn't that bizarre?! I know nursery rhymes often have some sort of symbolism for social issues and causes or current events from 1700 and 1800's.

I usually do treats for the boys on Valentine's. Bill's mom and my Aunt Shirley always sent them a card with a little cash and my mom would send treats too.

Hmmm, cash would certainly be easier since I'm working M-F and my hours to actually get to the store for something are limited. I should have gone this weekend but was exceptionally lazy.

Good morning! Don't usually post ( shy?, lazy?) maybe both. But had to comment on your costume and photos They are fantastic!

I really liked the Bo Peep poem. It also explained a few questions that popped into my head when I read @pkondz update from MNSSHP. I couldn't figure out why you weren't a cat...

DId Disney security have any problems with the shepherd's crook?

Meanwhile, I'm trying to settle into work again and getting used to being on a schedule again, working 40+ hours a week, coming home tired, and figuing out meds so that I have the least amount of pain with the minimum amount of drowsiness. Just adjusting...
Well, I'm glad to hear that you're at least feeling well enough to attempt to get back into the groove of things. I know it will be a lot of adjustment, and hopefully it goes well.
I'd been away for enough time that for my primary (full time place) I'd forgotten how to assemble our paper charts!! And at my part time job, I basically had to re-learn everything! I was terrified for my shift there on Wednesday. It did come back quickly, and by the end of the shift I was mostly back to where I'd left off 7 weeks ago.
Totally understand that! I've got faith in you though! I know it will all come back and you'll be back in the swing of things quickly.
With Valentine's Day coming up, do you give your kids (if you have them) a little gift? Or do you exchange or give anything with anyone other than a sweetheart? Work is having a potluck (any reason for food, right?) but I'm also thinking of doing a little something for each of my close-by kiddos this year (it'll be a first).
DW usually gets them some type of small candy gift. I usually get a small bouquet (like $5 at Walmart) for B.

Evening break. Off to a good start to another long week! Hope your Monday is going well, Everyone!!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter