The ABCs of Greece & Italy! X, Y, and Z, and that Friends is THE END!!! :) See you in Asia and Australia, Join Me THERE!!

We "sail" from the Port of Ravenna. Not very romantic for sure, and we didn't realize this pretty massive detail until late in the game. Kinda a major oopsies actually. Ah well... whatcha gonna do? It cuts a us a whole day short of touring Venice and puts a bit of pressure and stress on getting to the port in Ravenna, a 3-hour train or bus from Venice, the same day as our cruise. I've heard the trains are reliable and often, so I'm not too terribly worried but....

1660865206823.png

Last edited:
Oct 4th- All Day at Sea

I picture myself firmly planted in a chair by the pool with a good book. Need recommendations by the way! I don't like overly violent books and as a guide, I did enjoy News of the World and Where the Crawdads Sing recently. I like historical fiction, Industrial-era Adventure, Regency era, etc...

1660936712791.png

October 5th- Katakalon/Olympia, Greece

Mikki and I are looking forward mostly to "running" a race on the track and seeing the museum near the Ancient Original Olympics site!

1661027758779.png

Oct 4th- All Day at Sea

I picture myself firmly planted in a chair by the pool with a good book. Need recommendations by the way! I don't like overly violent books and as a guide, I did enjoy News of the World and Where the Crawdads Sing recently. I like historical fiction, Industrial-era Adventure, Regency era, etc...

My wife and I loved Cloud Cuckoo Land though it is long (600 pages). It all comes together beautifully at the end.

Katakalon/Olympia, Greece
"
Probably the most beautiful island during our cruise...I was so excited to be amidst all the green. I did get yelled at though for taking my shoe off and taking one of my "soleful journey" photos on one of the rocks outside Zeus's temple. Don't be like me :D

"
Probably the most beautiful island during our cruise...I was so excited to be amidst all the green. I did get yelled at though for taking my shoe off and taking one of my "soleful journey" photos on one of the rocks outside Zeus's temple. Don't be like me :D
What?! Why? What if you'd just gotten a pebble in your shoe? I"m perplexed by this. :confused3 Was it that they just didn't want the shoe on the rock? Or?

It seems this island has the least to see and do for the most part, aside from the museum and archeological park. I've picked out a place that looks nice in the little town for lunch. How long did you think you really needed to get from the ship from the time you disembarked to seeing everything you wanted to getting back in time?

the museum and archeological park
This is all we did--this was one of the excursions offered by RCL. We saw everything in both the museum and the grounds so never felt rushed. Since we were part of the group, there wasn't going off on our own outside of these locations.

This is all we did--this was one of the excursions offered by RCL. We saw everything in both the museum and the grounds so never felt rushed. Since we were part of the group, there wasn't going off on our own outside of these locations.
Okay, we're only getting a "transfer on our own" and only plan to see the museum and grounds. I'm planning on 5- 6 hours including lunch. :)

The Heart and Sole Recovery Tour will continue for the rest of 2022...Soleful Journeys will return in 2023. I want to get yelled at in every language (Italian check, Greek check)...
You’re on a beautiful journey, My Friend. Can’t wait to see you in a few weeks and we can share about what’s coming up more and in person. 🤗

I have a book suggestion. It takes place in Rome during World War II. I loved it! "Eternal" by Lisa Scottoline. It's not her usual book. I learned so much about Italy's involvement in the war. If you like this one I have another one but it's not as good but lots of history references and includes more of Italy.

I have a book suggestion. It takes place in Rome during World War II. I loved it! "Eternal" by Lisa Scottoline. It's not her usual book. I learned so much about Italy's involvement in the war. If you like this one I have another one but it's not as good but lots of history references and includes more of Italy.
Lovely!!! I will add that too! Thanks, Vanessa!

Santorini seems to be the Darling of of Greece. I hope that all the hype lives up to its reputation!

Here is a stock photo teaser of our Oct 6th:

1661190490238.png

October 7th- Ephesus, Turkey!

I am super looking forward to this place with a rich history. The archeological sites look amazing! We have a "Biblical Ephesus" Tour booked.

1661268712533.png

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter