The ABC's of Sauntering Through WDW- J is for: Just Like That, It's Judiciously Ended! (4/23)

Three new pictures at once!!

Have a great day at the zoo! I have to catch up on work during the weekend. Not the most magical thing to do...
And another one soon! Er... well, one Disney one and a whole bunch of new stuff I took at the zoo on Saturday. :)

UGH, work. But a necessary thing- hope it was a productive day!

Boy you’re posting some nice pics! :worship:

Thanks! :) There'll be more where those came from.

Your weekend sounds great. It’s a long weekend here so most are going for one last weekend at the lake/cottage.

So far, so good! Is that what Canadians in your area do most summer weekends? Especially holidays?

Me? I’ll be working every day. So not quite as fun as yours. :laughing:

Well, as I told Magdalene, it's a necessary thing that must be done to do the things we want to. I hope they've at least been good shifts!

I've been enjoying checking in and seeing your daily photos. :goodvibes

I'm glad you're enjoying them!! Plenty more over the coming days.

A symphony at the zoo sounds really fun; hope you have a great time!

It was amazing! A very gorgeous setting and excellent music. I loved spending time with my kids and just relaxing.

Knocked out my last long run before my race this morning. Tomorrow going with friends to a wine festival at one of my favorite villages. :drinking1 And then Monday, Alex and I are celebrating our 7th Anniversary in Luxembourg. A pretty fun weekend before I send the oldest off to his first day of kindergarten on Tuesday. :goodvibes

Wow!! You rock! How did you do?? I will check FB, but would love to hear about how the race went. I did see the wine festival posts. :) That really looked fun!

Happy Anniversary!! :goodvibes Your whole weekend sounds GREAT!

Following along! I love your bounding outfits! Also, I love the idea of the laminated sheets!

YAY!!! I'm so happy you've joined along! :welcome: as my newest reader! I hope you enjoy the community here and will chime in often!

The bounding outfits are a fun addition to this year's touring. We'll see how it goes.

Thanks! The little booklets have come in so handy during the trips. I really do use them quite a lot each day.

I can't believe I haven't commented here yet. Maybe I have, and I just didn't remember it. But either way, I'm here, and I'm following along now!

I'm not sure you haven't?? I do know that I launched this TR about the time you left for your long trip, so it's possible. ;) And, I couldn't be happier you are here. :hug:

Nathan and I worked at a comic convention in Toronto this weekend, so I'm just waiting to fly home since I start school on Tuesday, while he's driving home and meeting me back on the east coast in a couple of days. It was a crazy weekend, and a bit stressful, but nice to get one more work weekend in together before I get back into the school groove and we have to spend more long-distance time apart.

Sounds busy!!! And I can hardly believe it, you are starting school again already. Summer is at it's end, but that means a trip for me and then the Holidays!

I'm sure you and Nathan will adjust to the new schedule and routine again. But, yeah, I get that changes can be hard. Hugs, Friend! :hug:

I like the brain sheets! I made something similar once minus the color coding and laminating. Sat in my suitcase the whole trip :sad2:

You guys definitely have a more free-style touring way than I do. I see more game time changes and more mixing things up than I generally do. So I can see how you'd not use it quite as much. :)

I will say nothing about your new fanny pack.......except that I constantly tease my sister about the fact that she once wore a fanny pack when we were teenagers :rolleyes1 :D

LOL!!! TBH, I wish I'd ordered one a bit bigger, and may still. This one won't fit my phone which is like the most important thing. I got tired last trip of taking the shoulder bag off and on repeatedly for every ride. Plus, it got heavy on my shoulders and neck. Yes, I know it's dorky, but comfort over fashion every single time.

I had asked what you all were doing on this fine weekend and wanted to share a bit of mine with you. :) I hadn't been to our local zoo in years and forget what a treasure we have in it. The elephant exhibit is considered one of the top in the world and most of the other habitats created for the animals are equally as lovely as those of Disney. I had bought tickets to Portland Symphony's annual Summer Concert at the Zoo, so decided to make a day of it. Here are the photos that were better than others:

Smile!

"From a population low of 22 birds in 1989, there are now more than 400 condors, with half flying free. Since 2004, 47 Oregon Zoo-reared condors have been released into wild areas in California and Arizona. Seven are currently breeding in the wild."

https://www.oregonzoo.org/discover/animals/california-condor

I snapped this LUCKY shot just as these two were passing each other. No, that is not a reflection.

The following were also from a lucky? encounter. Mine and the subjects.

I do not know how often the following happens, but about 300 people all around the enclosure were treated to what I assume is a relatively rare occurrence- the mating ritual and act of Asian Elephants. I am unsure of what was more amusing, the elephants or the bystanders trying to explain to their prepubescent kids what was happening. I can say that the bull does "court" her before and they snuggle afterwards. Truly... fascinating. There are a couple here that are graphic...

You've been warned.

Not all the animals were in cages:

Less than 60 of these Amur Tigers are in the wild.

Here kitty, kitty!

And that, my human friends, was my day at the zoo. I LOVED the Symphony- glancing to my left and seeing an elephant saunter by during Mendelssohn's Hansel and Gretel was incredibly cool. I hope they enjoyed the concert as much as I did!

Last edited:
My whole trip is planned around EPCOT and the Food and Wine festival. Right now My bill would be over $400 so I am reading reviews to cut back a little. I have been there quite a few times and have to get my favorites. I'm sorry to see Scotland gone this year. I just came back from a trip to Scotland about a month ago and may be heading back again next summer so I'll get my foo, especially Sticky Toffee Pudding, while I'm there. My DH has been given clearance by all doctors to go on the trip and he is really looking forward to it.

The zoo pics are great. I have a membership to the Philadelphia Zoo and as soon as the weather gets a tad cooler I will be there again. Sadly we no longer have Elephants as they were move to a different zoo about 10 or 12 years ago. We do have Galapagos Tortoises and they put your elephants to shame. The males can be very vocal. Try explaining the noise and positions to a 4 year old. Our standard answer is they are playing leap frog and they make the noise because they are so big it's hard to jump.

:rotfl:Love the zoo pictures!

I got tired last trip of taking the shoulder bag off and on repeatedly for every ride. Plus, it got heavy on my shoulders and neck. Yes, I know it's dorky, but comfort over fashion every single time.
Yup, I do agree, fannypack lover or not it does get uncomfortable carrying a purse even if you go small. I don't go for fashion down there with my hair and clothes so I hear ya!

I'm sure you and Nathan will adjust to the new schedule and routine again. But, yeah, I get that changes can be hard. Hugs, Friend! :hug:

Thanks, Liessa! We'll definitely adapt, but I'll miss our summer activities. Well...I'll miss some things...others, not so much....I learned something about myself: I'm NOT good at dealing with crowds or rude people, and I didn't realize quite how much of that I'd end up doing over the course of the summer! But otherwise, lovely.

IMG_6828-L.jpg

:laughing: Love that!

I do not know how often the following happens, but about 300 people all around the enclosure were treated to what I assume is a relatively rare occurrence- the mating ritual and act of Asian Elephants. I am unsure of what was more amusing, the elephants or the bystanders trying to explain to their prepubescent kids what was happening. I can say that the bull does "court" her before and they snuggle afterwards. Truly... fascinating. There are a couple here that are graphic...

Wow...definitely fascinating, indeed! I wondered about this after seeing your FB post.

Love this one, too! You got some excellent photos.

I LOVED the Symphony- glancing to my left and seeing an elephant saunter by during Mendelssohn's Hansel and Gretel was incredibly cool.

Amazing! What a cool opportunity.

So far, so good! Is that what Canadians in your area do most summer weekends? Especially holidays?

Lots of Canadians head for the beach on Labour Day weekend. There's a loooooong winter ahead and this is the last chance to enjoy summer.

I hope they've at least been good shifts!

A definite mix. Just finishing up my last one and it's been a long one for sure.

The elephant exhibit is considered one of the top in the world

Really! Huh.
Then again, from what you posted a bit farther on, it appears that the elephants think pretty highly of it too.

I had bought tickets to Portland Symphony's annual Summer Concert at the Zoo

That's cool!

:laughing:

I snapped this LUCKY shot just as these two were passing each other. No, that is not a reflection.

Wow. Incredibly fortunate timing on that.

about 300 people all around the enclosure were treated to what I assume is a relatively rare occurrence- the mating ritual and act of Asian Elephants.

No idea if rare or common... but I don't know anyone else who's seen that!

"Hey, Bay-be. Come here often? What's your sign?"

At least that's what I say to DW. Works every time.

Unless she's not in the mood. Then she smacks me with her trunk.

81MU47yk-JL._UX385_.jpg

Not all the animals were in cages:

Yes. Some were watching the animals have.... relations.

Here kitty, kitty!

Cool! So Disney isn't the only place with animatronic lions.

Nice photo.

But this one is really good. Nice detail there.

What is everyone else doing this weekend??

I spent it trying futilely to get Verizon to fix my internet connection.

This will be my fourth Food and Wine during the last 10 years and, my how it's changed in a decade! Sooooo many more booths and options and fun! This year, I'm going to hit it up twice to make sure I'm twice the little piggy. OinkySteppe, at your service.

This could seriously damage your wallet as well as your waistline.

Yes, it amounts to about a zillion bucks, but since I'm not Drinking Around the World, I should have plenty of money, right?

Um...you did pay for admission, right?

My whole trip is planned around EPCOT and the Food and Wine festival. Right now My bill would be over $400 so I am reading reviews to cut back a little. I have been there quite a few times and have to get my favorites. I'm sorry to see Scotland gone this year. I just came back from a trip to Scotland about a month ago and may be heading back again next summer so I'll get my foo, especially Sticky Toffee Pudding, while I'm there. My DH has been given clearance by all doctors to go on the trip and he is really looking forward to it.

But, if you consider you'd spend probably close to that on a few TS meals, you're about at the same spending.

Oh boy!! Scotland! I'm part Scotch and love my visit there too. The only food I remember was jugged hare that I wasn't very fond of, but then was quite a bit younger and don't remember a ton. I'm so glad you get to experience it again and love that you get to make more memories along the way.

The zoo pics are great. I have a membership to the Philadelphia Zoo and as soon as the weather gets a tad cooler I will be there again. Sadly we no longer have Elephants as they were move to a different zoo about 10 or 12 years ago. We do have Galapagos Tortoises and they put your elephants to shame. The males can be very vocal. Try explaining the noise and positions to a 4 year old. Our standard answer is they are playing leap frog and they make the noise because they are so big it's hard to jump.

Thanks! Zoos are wonderful places, especially when animals are given refuge who wouldn't otherwise be able to make it in the wild.

OH my! I can't even imagine the turtles. Umm.... LOL! But adding sound?! But, that's a pretty good explanation in my book. ;)

:rotfl:Love the zoo pictures!

Thanks! :)

Yup, I do agree, fannypack lover or not it does get uncomfortable carrying a purse even if you go small. I don't go for fashion down there with my hair and clothes so I hear ya!

I think it's great that most anything goes (within reason) at Disney. Dress up? SURE! Short and a tank? You bet! It's the place to be... YOU!

Thanks, Liessa! We'll definitely adapt, but I'll miss our summer activities. Well...I'll miss some things...others, not so much....I learned something about myself: I'm NOT good at dealing with crowds or rude people, and I didn't realize quite how much of that I'd end up doing over the course of the summer! But otherwise, lovely.
Me too. Oregon weather stinks as it's not only cold (well, maybe not by Canadian standards) but rains incessantly. Definitely affects my mood... and Vit D levels.

As for crowds and rude people, I deal with it less tolerably the older I get. And it seems to be getting worse, despite my lower tolerance.

Wow...definitely fascinating, indeed! I wondered about this after seeing your FB post.

It was mesmerizing. I think, all joking aside it was a very fascinating thing to get to see.

Love this one, too! You got some excellent photos.

Thanks!! :)

Great pictures from the zoo! I remember having to do some explaining with the big turtles mating when my son was little

Thank, Cyndi! You are the 2nd person to say they'd seen turtle doin' it. LOL!

Lots of Canadians head for the beach on Labour Day weekend. There's a loooooong winter ahead and this is the last chance to enjoy summer.
And that makes sense. Oregonians, although fewer, do go to the beach in the winter, but mainly to watch the winter storm waves. Cold and wet though.

A definite mix. Just finishing up my last one and it's been a long one for sure.

Hope it's going better now!

Really! Huh.
Then again, from what you posted a bit farther on, it appears that the elephants think pretty highly of it too.

OH, I'm sure of it. All the feels.

Wow. Incredibly fortunate timing on that.

Sometimes you don't know what ya got until you get home and throw stuff up on the bigger screen. TA-DA!!!

No idea if rare or common... but I don't know anyone else who's seen that!

Well, about 300 or so hundred people that day got quite a show.

"Hey, Bay-be. Come here often? What's your sign?"

At least that's what I say to DW. Works every time.

Unless she's not in the mood. Then she smacks me with her trunk.

:rotfl2::rotfl::lmao:

Yes. Some were watching the animals have.... relations.

Who? Me? (okay, at least I wasn't alone)

Cool! So Disney isn't the only place with animatronic lions.

:laughing:

But this one is really good. Nice detail there.

Thanks!! I love bats. Fascinating to watch!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter