The Alaskan Jewel! Welcome Aboard….You don’t Exist!

We are taking the DCL cruise this summer, about that same week. I loved reading about your TR, making me want to go on your whale watching/glacier excursion. I am wondering about weather. You mentioned many times that you just had a jacket, only once about gloves. Did you ever wear a dress? Or was it too cold for that? We live in MN, so I'm thinking we will be just fine. Actually, we don't need to go to the 40 below room, been there, done that, every winter ;) So I am wondering what you wore inside vs. outside, etc :) Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of this wonderful information!!!

We are taking the DCL cruise this summer, about that same week. I loved reading about your TR, making me want to go on your whale watching/glacier excursion. I am wondering about weather. You mentioned many times that you just had a jacket, only once about gloves. Did you ever wear a dress? Or was it too cold for that? We live in MN, so I'm thinking we will be just fine. Actually, we don't need to go to the 40 below room, been there, done that, every winter ;) So I am wondering what you wore inside vs. outside, etc :) Thanks so much for taking the time to post all of this wonderful information!!!

I tried to post how the weather was throughout the report. We had better weather than typical weather. I wore a dress to dinner at least once or twice. As for wearing one on an excursion...no. I wouldn't do that even if it was warmer. Definitely needed pants for the ones we went on and even if it was warmer, most were not dress appropriate type excursions. Now if you are a person who only wears dresses ( I have friends that only wear them for religious reasons), then I would wear leggings under them for sure for warmth plus to prevent flashing others. LOL.
Typically I wore jeans and a short sleeved shirt with a sweatshirt over it on the ship. Some days I did wear long sleeved shirts too. You may want to bring a couple pair of shorts too. For me, it was often too windy but we did have some really nice days (especially leaving from Seattle at 90plus degrees). If you don't have them then you probably will need them. LOL.
Disney takes different routes than NCL, so it could be a little different. Our first day on the way up and into the 2nd day was pretty windy and chilly. It got better once we got up further.

Thank you so much for your guidance!! I so appreciate all the ideas, comments, and quips about your travels. It really gets me excited for our cruise in a few months :)

Thank you for taking the time to write this! We are debating doing an Alaska cruise and Disney's prices are hard to swallow. Plus, like you, Seattle would be much more convenient for flights.

Thank you for taking the time to write this! We are debating doing an Alaska cruise and Disney's prices are hard to swallow. Plus, like you, Seattle would be much more convenient for flights.

Glad you enjoyed it. With Alaska the ports and scenery are so amazing that any ship really isn't a bad way to go. Disney's prices were just so high once we started looking and I found many cruise lines that really would have worked well for us.

I finished!!!!:banana::cool1: It sounds like you guys had an awesome trip and good to hear Skip enjoyed it so much. Too funny that he asked you why you weren't staying longer.

Well now I'm off to your next tr maybe one of these days I will catch up with you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter