The Alaskan Jewel! Welcome Aboard….You don’t Exist!

Great wrap up to your report, Glad everything went smoothly.

I had to LOL at Skip asking why you didn't just stay overnight that last night, Men! :faint: That's something my DH would do too.

Your upcoming trip in Feb sounds good, I would be interested to read it if you decide to write anything about it.

A November Family Cruise sounds fun

Thank you so much for your wonderful trip report. Your pictures were just beautiful. I always enjoy all your trip reports.

I always enjoy your trip reports! It's fun to see what the other cruise lines are like and your pictures and details make me feel like I'm cruising along with you. My sister and I are cruising on the Magic in February too. Can't wait!

Thank you for your wonderful trip report! I have enjoyed reading them for many years, and they are VERY appreciated. We took an Alaska cruise last year on Holland and felt like I was there again through your report.

Last edited:
What a fun trip and educational trip report! Thank you for committing to finishing it, and for the very, very helpful information at the end.

We've done one NCL and have liked it a lot. We didn't have the Nick on our line (we did have Dr Seuss characters on a Carnival we did once though).

Thank you for the fabulous photos as well. I really want to do Alaska now!

That last restaurant on your last night seems like it turned out to be wonderful so it was a nice way to end your trip :dogdance:

Thank you for writing such a thorough report!!

The food looked amazing! Your butler doesn't sound that on top of her game. If I was paying for concierge, I would be expecting a lot more! Poor Claire! You guys are so mean to her! ;)

ETA: You snuck in the last update. Glad Skip had a good vacation! Your trip was amazing and very informative since I'm thinking about Alaska in the near future. Glad NCL addressed the issues you had.

Can't wait to read about your next adventure!

Jill in CO

I wonder if she was more attentive to the ones who paid more for their suite? I hope so at least, but technically we are all in the same category.
I hope you make it on an Alaskan cruise in the future.

Thanks for the detailed report. I may venture out to NCL someday. I'll be with DCL for a couple more rounds first.

It's hard to get away from DCL...each time I have done I get nervous, but I have enjoyed the different lines I have been on too.

Great wrap up to your report, Glad everything went smoothly.

I had to LOL at Skip asking why you didn't just stay overnight that last night, Men! :faint: That's something my DH would do too.

Your upcoming trip in Feb sounds good, I would be interested to read it if you decide to write anything about it.

A November Family Cruise sounds fun

Men!!! is right. I am so not prepared for the feb trip. I have to get so much work done first then I can worry about myself.

Thank you so much for your wonderful trip report. Your pictures were just beautiful. I always enjoy all your trip reports.

Thanks so much!

I always enjoy your trip reports! It's fun to see what the other cruise lines are like and your pictures and details make me feel like I'm cruising along with you. My sister and I are cruising on the Magic in February too. Can't wait!

Thanks. What date are you cruising?

Thank you for your wonderful trip report! I have enjoyed reading them for many years, and they are VERY appreciated. We took an Alaska cruise last year on Holland and felt like I was there again through your report.

Thanks for reading. I have heard very good things about Holland in Alaska too.

What a fun trip and educational trip report! Thank you for committing to finishing it, and for the very, very helpful information at the end.

We've done one NCL and have liked it a lot. We didn't have the Nick on our line (we did have Dr Seuss characters on a Carnival we did once though).

Thank you for the fabulous photos as well. I really want to do Alaska now!

Thanks. I always hope it helps people learn about the cruise line or port or at least find it somewhat interesting.

That last restaurant on your last night seems like it turned out to be wonderful so it was a nice way to end your trip :dogdance:

Thank you for writing such a thorough report!!

It was so good. I am so glad we went there and tried it.

Someday my husband and I will have to take an Alaskan cruise. My cruise in February is to the Bahamas on the 21st. When is yours?

What a fabulous trip, despite the beginning problems. Thank you so much for sharing :) I will definitely be doing an Alaska cruise in the future and thoroughly enjoyed reading about your trip.

I'm glad the French restaurant was a success and that Claire also got her truffle fries. But not cool about the lack of enthusiasm of Melony. Considering that's her job... I feel sometimes that on the last day even the CMs get a bit less friendly. They know it's almost over and don't have to try so hard. Which is a shame because it does leave an impression.

What a fabulous trip, despite the beginning problems. Thank you so much for sharing :) I will definitely be doing an Alaska cruise in the future and thoroughly enjoyed reading about your trip.

I'm glad the French restaurant was a success and that Claire also got her truffle fries. But not cool about the lack of enthusiasm of Melony. Considering that's her job... I feel sometimes that on the last day even the CMs get a bit less friendly. They know it's almost over and don't have to try so hard. Which is a shame because it does leave an impression.

oh good.I am glad you liked it enough to think about doing Alaska. yes. she should be especially nice when I am making my tips up. LOL

Shoot. It would have been fun to meet up.

it would!

Hello, I just wanted to say that I "lurked" through your report and really enjoyed it. The photos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

I will be going back to read this TR after I finish your 3 night Dream one! Hoping you will do one for the magic next month!!

Holy smokes! I come to get caught up and you're already off the ship!

Skip and John are alike in so many ways. John always asks if we can stay one more night but, all during the vacation, you never know if he is having a good time or not. Well, I know that he is but he doesn't show it enough. You know that Skiph had a great time because he still talks about the trip and that's good 'cause at least you know that you can get him back to Alaska again.

You know that I'd read your trip report if you were to write one about your upcoming trip and, yes, you will take enough pictures to share 'cause that's what you do.

Great TR as always. I'm glad you all (including Skip) had a great time. I hope you do write a TR about your trip. it brings so much of the parks and cruise ships to life, even if you are working. I get so much more about the parks and resorts, for the future.

We're on the Fantasy in one month - woohoo! Star Wars day at sea, here we come! Let me know if there is something in particular you want to know about her!

Thanks for another great trip report, Jen. I kept falling behind during the week most of the time, but LOVED seeing all the photos and reading about your adventures at the weekend. Hope you do another TR about your upcoming trip. I just LOVE to follow you around. :wave2:

Thanks so much for sharing. I really enjoyed your report.

Thanks!

Hello, I just wanted to say that I "lurked" through your report and really enjoyed it. The photos are wonderful. Thanks for sharing!

thanks for reading!

I will be going back to read this TR after I finish your 3 night Dream one! Hoping you will do one for the magic next month!!

I probably will but the next few months are pretty busy so it may take a while to get started.

Holy smokes! I come to get caught up and you're already off the ship!

Skip and John are alike in so many ways. John always asks if we can stay one more night but, all during the vacation, you never know if he is having a good time or not. Well, I know that he is but he doesn't show it enough. You know that Skiph had a great time because he still talks about the trip and that's good 'cause at least you know that you can get him back to Alaska again.

You know that I'd read your trip report if you were to write one about your upcoming trip and, yes, you will take enough pictures to share 'cause that's what you do.

I know how that is. I am so behind anymore everywhere. I like to read when I don't have to rush through it but some days that is not an option.
I leave next week! I can't wait to get out of Ohio!!! I started packing. I just can't seem to get my suitcase under 50 lbs so I guess I am going to have to pull out another bag. LOL.

Great TR as always. I'm glad you all (including Skip) had a great time. I hope you do write a TR about your trip. it brings so much of the parks and cruise ships to life, even if you are working. I get so much more about the parks and resorts, for the future.

We're on the Fantasy in one month - woohoo! Star Wars day at sea, here we come! Let me know if there is something in particular you want to know about her!

It really was one of the best trips ever. Yes we had bad stuff but the destination totally made up for it.
I would love to do a Star Wars cruise, but I just don't have the extra money. Let me know what special things they do.

Thanks for another great trip report, Jen. I kept falling behind during the week most of the time, but LOVED seeing all the photos and reading about your adventures at the weekend. Hope you do another TR about your upcoming trip. I just LOVE to follow you around. :wave2:

Thanks. I hear ya! I am so behind too. Glad you enjoyed it and I bet you would love Alaska too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter