• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The best way to spend three days in Orlando?

Markus H

Earning My Ears
We - husband, wife and a five-years-old from Sweden - have three days in Orlando in late January. We´ll stay four nights at HIFS. This is our second visit, and last time we only went to Magic Kingdom, and spent some time at HIFS, which we really liked. How should we spend the days? MK again for one day, maybe the second day relaxing at the hotel, and what about the third day? More Disney, or Universal or what? The main concern is, of course, that our son feels really happy! Any suggestions?

Markus
Uppsala, Sweden

Wow that seems like a long trip for only 3 days of enjoyment. I would suggest a day at MGM and a 1/2 day at Animal kingdom. As much as we love Epcot I would suggest skipping it for now, after all you've got all of Europe at your back door.

In addition to Magic Kingdom, your five-year-old would find a lot to do at MGM and AK. I prefer MGM of the two, but either would be a lot of fun!

Have fun planning!!

We are big Epcot fans and think that there is a lot there for kids. I would go with a 3-day hopper pass and do 1 day MK, 1day Epcot and 1/2 day each at AK and MGM. Just don't try to do it all at any place. Get a good guild book and pick out the "must sees" at each place. You son will feel really happy everywhere!

Jordan's mom

I'd suggest the day at MK and a day at HIFS/relaxing and a day at Sea World. My DD 4 loved it there and it is a beautiful park. That is basically what we did on our 4 day trip last year in March.

Have a wonderful time whatever you decide to do!

-Jn

Disnee Dad Says......................................This is a WDW vacation, it is no time to relax! 3/4 day at MK then to EPCOT for dinner and an attaction or two, toward the end of the night Spaceship Earth never ever ever has a line. Then AK, if you need relax time this is the day to do it, in the middle of your trip and you can be done with most of AK by maybe 3:00 pm and still get to see most of it. Day three MGM for as long as you need and back to EPCOT for another great meal, an attraction or two and finish with Illuminations!
Maybe for your next trip you can plan on around 12 days! You really need at least five days at WDW, in the parks, two days for US/IOA, maybe a day for Seaworld, an "off" day to go to the Kennedy Space Center, and three more "off" days to see Downtown Disney, visit the resorts, shop , swim, eat at Emeril's and catch your breath!

Thank you for your suggestions!

Mayby I should make clear, that we are not going all the way from Scandinavia to the United States just for three days. We will first spend a week with a friend in Fort Meyers, then go to Orlando for a few days, and then to Miami Beach and, maybe, Key West.

I think there is a difference between americans and europeans on how we look upon Disney and his world. To us it´s not necessary to do or see everything, and we don´t put such an effort in getting "the most" out of a visit. We also take time to enjoy the sunshine, the american hospitallity and - well, just having a vacation! ;)

What we will do is probably one day at MK, one day at Universal and the third day relaxing - if the weather is warm - either at the hotel or at any of the water parks. Which one is the best for a 5-yers-old, by the way?

Thanks again!

Markus

think there is a difference between americans and europeans on how we look upon Disney and his world. To us it´s not necessary to do or see everything, and we don´t put such an effort in getting "the most" out of a visit. We also take time to enjoy the sunshine, the american hospitallity and - well, just having a vacation!

I think is is more ones personality than country of origin. I know plenty of Americans that look at me like I am nuts because we've been to WDW 2X (2 yrs apart), and Us/IOA 2X (one yr apart). My cousin who spent 2 or 3 days at WDW parks and 2 at US/IOA, always says "you went there once, what could there be left to do".

Have you been to Sea World? My kids love it. As for Water parks we love Blizzard Beach. We didn't care for Typhoon Lagoon.

Which Universal park are you planning on? It is hard to pick which for a 5 yr old. It really depends on the 5 yr old. Our 5 DD likes IOA better, but she really enjoys ET and the play area at US.

Just curious, why you're not planning on any of the other WDW parks. I guess as much as I love MK, I really enjoy the other parks more. A water park can easily be done in 1/2 or less IMHO. You might want to consider 1/2 at MGM. I know, you don't want to try to do it all, but I really think MGM has a lot to offer. It is the favorite of DH, DS and myself and second pick for 5 DD.

None of the H2O parks are 5yo friendly. I can assure you, also, it won't be warm enough -- even for a Scandanavian!

Also, I heard Typhoon or Blizzard is being refurbed this month.

Originally posted by Eric, Julie and Hailey
None of the H2O parks are 5yo friendly. I can assure you, also, it won't be warm enough -- even for a Scandanavian!
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Both WDW water park are kid friendly and have kids areas. The one at BB is IMHO better that the one at TL, but both are certainly kid friendly. My then 4 (almost 5) DD loves the kid sized slides in the kids area at BB. Last night she named BB as the park she would pick if she could visit only one park in all of WDW.

I disagree that the few slides at the water parks make them "kid friendly" - especailly as compared to the other choices (Sea World, Universal, Disney, etc.)

But, it's these debates that make the Boards interesting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter