~The Daily Grind~ 9/1/09

Lol, Nan that is too funny!

The interview went well- we both figured out early on that I was NOT the person for the job. I would not have been happy to have that job. As DH said, thank goodness the answer was clear!:woohoo:

Oh Nan, that's soooo embarrassing!

Ash, glad it was clear early on that it wasn't meant to be. Keep looking, the right one will fall into your lap!

Still waiting to hear about Baby and for my bunny to get home. Should be any minute now.

I got my Resort Swap done, cleaned up my paper mess (finally took the P3 out of the trunk) and went to the grocery store and library. All in all a productive day.

Glad you were able to find out early Ash... :hug:

Hope M had a good day... DS13 should be home shortly...than I need to get ready for DD's XC meet..and make sure DS8 has his fb stuff ready for practice...

She always embarrasses me, but that is besides the point.. LOL I did feel sorry for DsS when DS was telling me..but she always does stuff like this.... just 4 more years.. just 4 more years (of his HS)..college she won't be over heard w/ the rest of the crowds if he should play college ball! LOL

I can't believe the nerve of some people- we got a call from the son of a parishoner yesterday- He wanted to know if we could drive to the Tampa Airport to pick up his mother because he was working today- DH said he would have to see- that he had a lot to do (the airport is 1.5 hours away from us and then he would have to drive her home another 1.5 hours and then back here .75 hours).

We discussed it and since this is his week off - he doesn't have classes so it is his break for the summer- just 1 week. I didn't want to have people just assume they could call us and we would drop everything to do such a thing for them- I don't mind giving them a hand but I mean think about how you are getting home before you buy a ticket. Also since it is a woman I would have to ride along with him- and I would not sit in the back on the way home- just for the right image.

He called back a couple of times and each time DH said it would depend on what he could get done- so on the 6pm call the son said- well if you won't do it I guess I will do it- I just won't have a long break before I go to work. I could not believe the nerve of him- he simply didn't want to go- we realized that once he said weork didn't start till 4pm- the flight was coming in at 1pm so plenty of time if it arrived on time.

I am still frusterated that we were asked to do this today and I know I just need to get over it but I just don't know if these people think we just have nothing to do or what.

Rebecca

Nancy, that story is too funny! I'm sure your DSS was so embarrassed!:lmao:

Ashley, sorry about the job, but at least you figured out it wasn't a good fit and can move on to looking for something else and not wait around for an answer on that one.

Jennifer, I hope "Bunny" had a good first day at school! My DS does not like nicknames at all and we actually don't have one for him other than I sometimes call him "Andrewno" (his name is Andrew). I don't even know where that came from.

He actually won't respond to any kind of nickname or shortening of his name.
When he was really young, one of DH's friends called him Andy and DS turned around and said "my name is not Andy, it's Andrew.":lmao: The only time he ever let us call him a nickname was when he was like 2 1/2 or 3 years old and the movie Pocahontas was out in theatres and he wanted to be Captain John Smith. He wouldn't answer to anything but Captain John Smith for about a month!:rotfl2:

Wow Rebecca, that guy sure was trying to take advantage of y'all. The nerve of the guy!!!!!! I'm sure his Mom is real proud of him!:rotfl:

Ashley- I am glad you didn't end up with a job you would have been unhappy with- the right thing will come along.

Rebecca

Thanks y'all! Y'all's support is always incredible. And I agree with all of you- I'm so glad I knew that it just wasn't for me.

She had a great day. Came home in a great mood and already has her PJs on. I think it's because she didn't want to go for a walk or bike ride, Miss Lazy Bones. I got all the homework. Why can't they just send the previous year's forms back and ask if there are any changes? Sheesh, what a lot of paper wasted.

Rebecca, it galls me that someone would have the nerve to call and ask you to go that far out of your way because they were being lazy...I get that your DH is supposed to be "helpful" but that's pure laziness.

Need to figure out dinner. DH wants to make chicken parm.

Good gracious Rebecca.. that is his mother.... My gosh, that is just awful.. why do they just assume you all have nothing else to do... :( I'm glad it got straightened out and son is taking care of his mother.... sometimes we all have to make sacrifices.. this was his to take!

Congrats Jennifer! a baby girl! how sweet!
Glad to hear the Princess M had a good day. i thought about her all day.

Deb-Happy Anniversary! we had our 25th this year.

Ash-glad you knew right away! something will turn up. i'm sure of it!

Rebecca-that's something. really. that was just lazy. UGH.

Nan- she's something! :lmao:

Dit-funny that he does not like the nickname. we have one for everyone in the family. i don't think anyone is called by their right name!

Christy- i think it's cute that you still call him Bug! he probably secretly loves it!:laughing:

bubba's been up all night last night having asthma issues that i'm really hoping he sleeps tonight.

Jennifer, congratulations on the upcoming niece!!!!!

Holly, I hope Bubba has a better night tonight and feels good tomorrow.

I know.. Holls, never a dull moment w/ her around!!! I don't spend much time near her...but the stories are hilarious.. especially when my kids tell it... I'm thinkin' they must be glad I'm there mom...the shy, quiet one, that when she does get on a roll is a lot of fun!

Ask Buffy, she had some better zingers then this latest escapade.. one just happened today where DsS13 got her but good w/ a comment about her lack of concern over his back! Of course DH was in the room when it was said and said it was almost verbatim from what I said to him this weekend about the lack of concern she shows her son! (note to self, check doors, windows and make sure no one is w/in ear shots of my zingers again!)

I got all the homework. Why can't they just send the previous year's forms back and ask if there are any changes? Sheesh, what a lot of paper wasted.

I hear you. I had a huge packet to fill out from school and a sheet for the bus driver.

It's a girl! My DN is having a baby girl in late January/early February! :jumping1:

Let the buying of baby girl clothes begin!!!

Deb, Happy anniversary. We will be celebrateing our 20th in Feb.

Ash, sorry about the job, thank goodness you found out before you took the position.

Nancy, how did PJ do at her meet?

Holls, how is Bubba feeling tonight?

My to do list today looked something like:

Make beds
put laundry away
Get DD up, ready, and out the door for school
caffeinate
work
Get airfare for FL
Get brother's family airfare for FL
Check how MomE is feeling. The unhealthy room with moisture and mold we were assigned to at the Contemporary aggravated her asthma and OCPD.
Take DD (also goes by the nickname Roo, or insert her first name here followed by Roo Roo.) to her riding lesson
Hair cut

Again, it's me playing catch up!!

Ash--glad you were able to tell the job wasn't for you!!! Saves a lot of stress!

Holly--I hope Bubba's feeling better!

Jennifer--Congratulations on the new niece!!! And I hear you on the forms! One of the ones we send home to our parents is a "release of information" form, where they can mark if they want to withhold their child's name or information from anyone we would give it to (college recruiters, the yearbook, etc). For some reason, this year, they have to fill it out TWICE!!! Once on a full-sized sheet, and once on a planner sized sheet. Crazy!!

Everyone in my family has a nickname, too! And we're picking up more since DS has decided to "name" everyone!!

We're in the 2nd week of school and I haven't received hardly any paperwork to fill out. I ask DS about it everyday and he says they haven't been given anything. All I've had to sign so far are class sylabusses and the Code of Conduct sheet from that booklet. I guess his school is running behind?:confused3

PJ ran her personal best last night... could have beat 2 other girls but looked @ her watch instead.. her time was so good I think she wanted to stop and really look at the numbers to believe what she was seeing...

The last 2 races have been relays so she had a mile rest (8 mins or less) between her laps... so she was averaging a 23 minute for 3 miles...
The races the rest of the season are 3.1 miles straight cross country... she dropped 1.5 minuts off her time from her fast 3.1 mile race last Tuesday.. She ran a 26:15!!! She even placed in the top 15 runners!!!
Next weekend if state preview at the great NCAA course west of us... (they hold NCAA finals there all the time)...anyway, about 30 schools are there is not more.. so her goal is to get to 26 flat this weekend... it's supposed to be cool again so this is here weather!!!

Thanks for asking!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter