The Dis Teleporter Network

JeanJoe

<font color=red>VMK Community Leader!</font color>
If anyone would to be added to the network please PM LoriR. I am filling in as a lobby owner to connect new members. I ask that you have a set of coffin teleporters in your possession, then PM me so we can set up a time to meet in VMK.

Some sad news - anyone who had a teleporter in MissBelle's lobby is no longer connected. It seems MissBelle was a victim of the 6 month inactive character deletion. :(
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A bunch of us have put together a teleporter network to link our personal rooms together, and to provide a Dis Common Room to hang out in, and links to DIS event / special rooms. All are welcome to join!

How to add a teleportation portal from your room to the Dis Teleporter Network

Teleporters are now distributed via a Quest Machine, so you don't need to try to hunt me down to trade one to you! Here's how to do it:

1) Find ANYBODY who is correctly linked in to the teleporter network
2) Use the teleporters to find your way to the Central Teleporter Lobby (use their Coffin or Door teleporter first, then use the Blue teacup teleporter)
3) Do the Quest (no games, just a simple tour), and upon completion, you will receive a door teleporter. The other teleporter has already been placed in a Teleporter Lobby.
4) Place the quest prize Door Teleporter you receive in any room of yours

That's it, you are now connected to the Network!

If your door teleporter doesn't work, try to do the quest again; I might have put in one unlinked door into the Quest machine by accident.

Because of VMK values, I highly recommend that you do NOT refer to the network as the "DIS Teleporter Network" while in-game. Just call it the teleporter network. Do NOT try to explain to people in-game to come read this post.

How to get to the Dis Special Rooms
- use the Coffin or Monsters Inc. Door teleporter in your room to transport to one of the Dis Teleporter Lobbies (there are currently five)
- then use the Blue Teacup teleporter to get to the Central Lobby (the hub)
- then use the Narnia Wardrobe teleporter to reach the Dis Special Rooms Lobby

Special Rooms currently include:
- DIS Club Room (way back from Beta!)
- DIS River Network
- DIS Holiday Rooms
- Cape Expeditions
- the Zeta Girls river ride

Previously, DIS teleporter lobby owners included: JeanJoe aka Bezoar, Pumpkinfish aka MissBelle, WebmasterAlex aka disalex, Astryd (as herself)

===== DON'T READ FURTHER UNLESS YOU ARE BORED =====

OK, now for the painful details of how it all works, from my original thoughts:
Shared room / teleportation room network

Goal: as much as possible, to share a common room, even when that room's owner is not logged in

Method:

- one lobby room, which has a teleporter linking to a teleporter in the common room

- multiple players who each have 1 teleporter in their own room and 1 teleporter in the lobby room

- what this allows: even when the lobby room owner and/or common room owner are NOT logged in, someone who has a teleporter in their own room can get to the lobby, and then get to the common room

- when we want to change the common room, we can just move the single teleporter in the common room into a new common room; the rest of the network stays intact

Style:

- to cram as many personal room teleporters in the lobby room as possible, people should purchase coffin teleporters because they take up less space, and because then it will be clear that coffins transport to personal rooms and not to common rooms

- the lobby room teleporter into the common room is currently a tea cup, so it will stand out

- if we need more common rooms in the future, we could use the other non-coffin teleporters to link to additional common rooms

- if we need more lobby space for more personal teleporters, we could create more lobby rooms, and then link together the lobby rooms. Perhaps each lobby room could link to a different common room.

Caveats:

- if you provide a teleportation link from your room to the lobby, people will be able to backtrack into your room. If you don't want people to wander around in your room, rope off around the teleporter

- if you rope off the "normal" entrance to the COMMON room (not around the teleportation tea cup), and no one is in the lobby, it will be tedious to let people who don't have a personal lobby teleportation portal into the common room, because when they "go to" you, they will end up behind the ropes

- perhaps the common room should not be roped off, but that means lots of random people will drop in; this could be set depending on the common room owner's preference?

Probably horribly out of date Map of the DIS Teleporter Network

bcswebco.com said:
Shrunken Ned's Dis Lobby

SH_Ned_Dis_Lobby_Map_08092005.jpg

As of: 9 Aug 2005

WebmasterAlex said:
Here is a new map of my Lobby!

Let me know if you find any errors

9131lobby2.jpg

Great job Bezoar! Thanks for doing all this. :flower:

thanks for doing this! I know this was really labor intensive and it took away alot of gametime but we all do appreciate it so much....

Mal

Dis teleporter network, room list

Left Tea Cup: Dis "Maleficent" Lobby (owned by JeanJoe = Bezoar)

Left wall (9)
- mickeysfriend (Beherenow)
- mickeysmagic (LoriR)
- DoomCookie (Taryn)
- JustmeTigger (StaceyA)
- Tinkgirl (HollyJoy)
- Peeplmoovr (?)
- Astryd (Astryd)
- carribbeanbel (Cyndirella)
- Bezoar (JeanJoe)

Right wall (8)
- IHavGreenEyes (IHavGreenEyes)
- ChiaBob (Chia8333)
- canadian (blizzard)
- Maltoo (Maleficent2)
- MissBelle (Pumpkinfish)
- wdwlover (Marypops!)
- hagen (hagen)
- Churro (Churro)

==========

Middle Tea Cup: Dis "Yeti" Teleporter Lobby (owned by Astryd = Astryd)

Left wall (10)
- TinkerSnow
- Lillykat
- Mickeynme
- Anastasia
- KairiHeart
- capecad
- FLBound
- AshleyMarie
- chimera
- RealLabGirl

==========

Right Tea Cup: "Shrunken Ned's" Dis Lobby (owned by pumpkinfish = MissBelle)

Left wall (9)
- TinkUK
- SouthernBelle
- kareneast
- sage
- Disvaclub
- Vellamint
- disalex
- Dznygrl
- CoolJoNo

Right wall (6)
- NHDisney
- lifeof
- Girz
- snuggie
- PurDizFan
- TwirlerGirl

==========

Right Wall Tea Cup: "Captain Blackheart" Dis Lobby (owned by WebmasterAlex = disalex)
Left wall (10)
- coolcami
- Nautilus
- AdioSkater --teacup--> PixieBella
- alliben
- jennitwr
- Disneyholic
- Tinkgirl
- TigTink
- hikerkira
- Tulip

Right wall (2)
- Tishke
- MickeyGirl

Second row (1)
- DisTam

Do you mind if I link into your network?
If so, what room should I put the other teleporter in?

Haluci said:
Do you mind if I link into your network?
If so, what room should I put the other teleporter in?

This network is open to everyone! The goal was to help create a community of like-minded people, and just because it's fun to peek in other people's rooms.

How to get linked is under "How to add a teleportation portal from your room to the Dis Teleporter Network" in the 1st post, but basically:

- One coffin goes into your room.

- The other coffin has to be traded to either VMK MissBelle or Bezoar, because we "own" the lobby rooms, so only we can place the other coffin in the room. Keep an eye out for us, or ask other Dis people who are on whether they've seen us lately.

I searched for the rooms, and I can't find them...
They must only be open if the owner is in them. Hey, that solves two problems at once! w00t!

Haluci said:
I searched for the rooms, and I can't find them...
They must only be open if the owner is in them. Hey, that solves two problems at once! w00t!
Not quite true: a room is open if *anyone* is in it, and it doesn't have to be the owner. (Although when VMK just started beta, what you said *was* true; if the owner left, everyone else was booted out.)

Or, once teleporter links are set up, you just need to find a teleporter that links into it, which is the point of the teleporter network.

:-(
anyway I'll be looking for you guys.

Thanks so much!!

I almost have enough to get my third room--if you need another central location for teleporters just pm me or find me at vmk!!---or click on the AIM guy--

I would be more than happy to contribute--not to mention 2 more coffin teleporters!!

:wave2:

Cool. Someone actually asked me about this the other day & didn't know the answer. I shall have to look into this further next time I am able to log in.

Thanks so much for all that info.

debbiedoo said:
Thanks so much!!

I almost have enough to get my third room--if you need another central location for teleporters just pm me or find me at vmk!!---or click on the AIM guy--
Thanks for the offer! Teleporter requests are slow but steady; I think we've got a ways to go before we fill 3 rooms with coffin teleporters. Initially, there were 24 in one room, before splitting them up. Now, we've got ~34 between 3 rooms. But I'll remember the offer, 'Snuggie' :)

may I join this network thing? I have a problem though...My guest room is the "mad tea party" place :earseek:

I woul l ike to join. I have just never been able to find those who I need to find.

CoKoBOY said:
may I join this network thing? I have a problem though...My guest room is the "mad tea party" place :earseek:
It's OK, so long as you don't mind a coffin tucked away in your nice green hideaway. I've seen people place the coffin in the mad tea party's lower left corner, where it doesn't stand out too much, and it looks fine.

jensenba said:
I woul l ike to join. I have just never been able to find those who I need to find.
Agreed, that's the flaw with the setup -- not only do you need to be on when Bezoar or MissBelle are on, you also need to actually find them (which is hard if we aren't on your friend's list). I don't really have a good solution for this, as I can't plan when I can be on. :(

Updated room list:

Dis teleporter network, room list

Left Tea Cup: Dis "Maleficent" Lobby (owned by JeanJoe = Bezoar)

- left wall:
- mickeysfriend (Beherenow)
- mickeysmagic (LoriR)
- DoomCookie (Taryn)
- JustmeTigger (StaceyA)
- Tinkgirl (HollyJoy)
- Peeplmoovr (?)
- Astryd (ValerieK)
- carribbeanbel (Cyndirella)
- Bezoar (JeanJoe)

- right wall:
- IHavGreenEyes (?)
- ChiaBob (Chia8333)
- canadian (blizzard)
- Maltoo (Maleficent2)
- MissBelle (Pumpkinfish)
- wdwlover (Marypops!)
- hagen (hagen)
- Churro (?)

=====

Middle Tea Cup: Dis "Yeti" Teleporter Lobby (owned by JeanJoe = Bezoar)

- left wall:
- Anastasia (?)
- capecad (Capecad)
- KairiHeart (Scurvy)
- TinkerSnow (Diana Lyn)

- right wall:
- Lillykat (lillykat)
- Disneyholic (imadisneyholic)
- jennitwr (?)
- alliben (?)

=====

Right Tea Cup: "Shrunken Ned's" Dis Lobby (owned by pumpkinfish = MissBelle)

- left wall:
- SouthernBelle (Sk8Leigh)
- kareneast (kareneast)
- sage (cobbler)
- Disvaclub (disvaclub92)
- Vellamint (Vellamint)
- disalex (WebmasterAlex)
- Dznygrl (caribear)

- right wall:
- lifeof (thegales)
- Girz (?)
- snuggie (debbiedoo)
- PurDizFan (ekmdisney)

=====

Lost:
- monami (Dis name?; currently boat, need to switch to coffin)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter