The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

Made it, 1200 loop, all of 700 was full, CM at sign in said Fort was 90% full
View attachment 831715

Glad you're in, @team bradfield .

Not surprised about the occupancy rate. It was that high or even higher when I was there the prior weeks. Hardly any site sat empty overnight.

Tuesday of last week I checked out of my campsite in 1500 to stow the Aliner in the overflow lot while we were in the cabin for one night. But first I had to dump the cassette from the potty (our Tent loop has no sewer). We got off our site at 8am and I just looped around the corner into the Full loops to find an empty spot to dump at.

1900 - full. So I just rolled across to ....
1800 - full. So I just rolled over and down to .....
1600 - full. Then I rolled across to .....
1700 and found the only empty spot in the loop.

So yeah it's tight but it's nice weather (hopefully for you) and parks aren't as crowded.

Enjoy your stay.

Bama Ed

Ok, took a train break and picked up a old crappy work bench, so I fixed it up a bit,added some legs, some wheels, added the vices I had found when cleaning up the garage and painted it. So a few days work. Now I have a painted old crappy work bench. Lol. Still thinking on the two spots in the garage I may put it.20240205_142050.jpg20240205_142022.jpg

@team bradfield I am not surprised its back up to near capacity. I tell you last summer was surreal with just how empty it was, and how empty other RV parks in FL where.

Been getting time to relax here for a bit. Puzzle 10 of 10 is about 85% done, but we still have lots of stars left to put in and then its done. I guess that is when we look at the wall it will go up on and figure out how I am going to get a 6' by 22' puzzle up on a wall.

I need to do some more Cali planning and then back to the Disney November planning.

I decided it's time for a change.

20240210_090647.jpg

Oil and filters that is. This thing takes 6 gallons of oil. Who knew that Rotella came in 3 gallon bags? I thought they would be easier. If I didn't have to stand on a ladder, crouched under the rear grill, they probably would have been.

And changing both fuel filters makes a big smelly mess.

Heading to Spring Training in 3 weeks. Getting things ready.

j

Last edited:
You know spring is approaching as you start to make your lists. I need to make an appointment for the trucks spring service. I opened up my to-do list for the RV. Not a lot of repairs required, but a couple wants this year. I am adding shut off valves near the toilets, given the failures of the flush valve I think it will be nice to have and a quick mod. I also have some touch dimming lights to put over the bed. The current ones are either full blast or off, so that should be a nice upgrade.

My big want is an external 4x4 mimo antenna on the roof. It is a bit of an expense, however, I think worth it since I use it. I just have to pull the trigger and buy it. Hard to convince myself as we pay down the bills from recent renovations and a big California trip.

Not wants, but rather needs.... need to replace the toilet seal in the bowl and the valve (apparently a high failure item- randomly squirts water out when pushing the pedal... sometimes it squirts all over, sometimes it don't.. as cousin Eddy would say, "I dunno.....") in the back that connects the hose to the toilet... I have the parts and have watched the video...now all I need is to do it when it warms up and get the t-shirt.....

Well my plan to add some shutoff valves will help me down the road when that does become a need. I need to do all the normal spring cleaning and maintenance. And looks like first camp will be SCCA drivers school again. Not a bad way to kick off the season if you ask me. Still trying to see if we have time for a spring outing, though the calendar is filling quickly.

What a few months its been. I feel like i am ready to give you all the short recap of my life, because i know you all care :-) .

Let's start with the easier one, my running situation. I am still not running. Was instructed to wait 8 weeks by my PT. Makes sense to me, I am old now so it takes some time to heal. That means technically i can start running mid next week. Based on how my life is may just wait till March to start running. On one hand, running will help a lot, on the other i am so slammed that it might be better to wait. I am lifting 3 days a week and doing the elliptical when i can. I had my first injection this past Tuesday. It hurt some but it did not last long. I did have bert drive me which was helpful because the most pain i was in was the drive right after the shot. i get to have two more shots like this, one week apart. Then i get the fancy shot.

The harder topic is mom. She is doing. The nursing home though is ready to release her. I have been slammed trying to find a place for her to go. We did pick an assisted living facility. The issue is her catheter. She needs to be able to help empty it. I think she can do it. We are doing paperwork tomorrow, moving furniture on the weekend. She is supposed to be discharged Friday Feb 23. She is a fall risk. She slipped this morning going from bed to chair. While she has walked a little with the walker, she stiill has a hard time transferring to the chair. It is going to be fun getting her out of the car. I think the chair is going to be with her, i dont think she will be stable enough to walk without assistance around. I was just hoping she could transfer better on her own, but that is why she is going to assisted living.

The thing i look forward to is getting my life a little put back together. Been an unsustainable 4 months with mom. Right after she is in AL, we have a had a short cruise planned. It is Feb 29 to Mar 4. I am still hoping we can go.

Whisky is dirty and needs a bath but no time for that. If we go on the cruise she will be boarded and i will have them giver her one.

Thanks for the update, Kris. I know you have really had a lot going on the last few months.

Hopefully you can get enough settled and relax on the cruise. Not sure what ship you will be on, but ours last December had a running track around one level.

j

Hurdle number 1 done. Mom had her assessment for assisted living. She was able to work her catheter bag. She was approved. She is at the highest (read most expensive) level of care but they will take her. She is being discharged on Friday. Bed to be delivered tomorrow.

mom still had a rough day. I am hoping when she gets out of the hell hole, her mind will get better. She is lacking sleep and that is not good.

I was hoping I would feel better today once I knew she was going to AL, but I don’t. Maybe after she is moved there but ugh my stress level is kicking my butt.

on the flip side, I put a bed back in the crate for whisky. She is back to sleeping there. Unfortunately I won’t leave it there when she gets locked up for fear of her chewing.

IMG_3127.jpeg

@garneska I do hope this helps your stress levels. I am sure it is not helping your own recovery if your body is getting worn out with stress.

Yesterday I got to celebrate another revolution around that big gaseous ball we call the sun. Making it to level 49 wasn't all that bad. Had a 3 day weekend from work which was a good start. Saturday afternoon we left for VA Beach for DDs gymnastics meet. it was a bit chilly…

IMG_0176.jpeg

We had dinner with some friends and a 8am Sunday (ugh) meet start time so we had to get up early to get ready and head to the convention center by 7:45 for team stretch.

That turned out to be kinda cool, got to see a gorgeous sunrise and while DW was doing DD hair, we saw some dolphins swimming down the coastline.

IMG_0177.jpeg
IMG_0178.jpeg

Jessica did well, sticking a new skill on the balance beam she has been struggling with all season. She finished 6th all around with 6th place finishes in Valt, Beam, and Bars. She got 5th in floor exercise. This was out of 12 girls in her age group! We got her a shout out poster and I could not resist being the goof that I am of following her out the convention center holding the sign up.

IMG_8679.jpeg

We drove home after the meet (with a stop at Panera for lunch with some of her teammates)

Monday was birthday day, it started with me scoring a great deal on a barely used pellet grill. Because every 49 year old man needs a smoker....I read it was a requirement. Actually its replacing the grill too and I have wanted one for some time. Later that afternoon DW and I went to our favorite winery for just some adult time.

IMG_7225.jpeg

And we wrapped up the evening with sushi dinner, some cold stone ice cream and finished out the night completing the last puzzle of the 40320 piece Disney Puzzle.

IMG_7228.jpeg

I must say I had a great day and now its back to work, planning the CA trip, other trips including November, and now how to hang the entire assembled puzzle on the one wall big enough for it….

Congrats to Jessica and

:bday: (I vaguely remember 49... I think)

I bought that same puzzle, but I've been afraid to open it. And that border looks like a real b......

Nice job. (on the puzzle and making it to 49. :)

j

@jbrostek Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday weekend. How are you going to top it next year for that big milestone birthday.

We are rolling along trying to get mom into the new place on friday. Got some great news that Bert had to cancel his work trip to Dallas. That was fantastic news for me because he was leaving early tomorrow morning and getting home friday afternoon. Now he can take friday off and help me.

I got injection number 2 this morning. Injection site is more sore this week than last and my knee feels fuller. Managing with tylenol so it is not too bad.

Congrats to Jessica and

:bday: (I vaguely remember 49... I think)

I bought that same puzzle, but I've been afraid to open it. And that border looks like a real b......

Nice job. (on the puzzle and making it to 49. :)

j

Thanks! Melissa would sort it out based on patterns and best guess. Film, any caracters/features, colors, stars, and whatever made senese to break it into managable chunks. We always did the stars border last and it always seemed to work well. I bought sheets of luan like the mat we did the main puzzle on. That on is a full sheet for extra working space. The cut sheets to layer all of them are 4x4" larger then each puzzle.

@jbrostek Sounds like you had a fabulous birthday weekend. How are you going to top it next year for that big milestone birthday.

There is a good chance of it being a DVC trip for the weekend.

A productive day around the house. Most of Saturday was spent at Jessica local gymnastics meet. She pulled off an respectable 6th AA, however, her scores where not that great on beam and vault. Better luck next time.

Today was mostly spent planning a few things like the puzzle wall and reconsidering our basement arrangement since the girls never really put some space to use. Now we are going to sell off another couch set and just dedicate the area to gymnastics and workout gear.

After some of that, I got to work on the Cali trip planing. We booked our car, and all the hotels from San Fran to Monterey. We are a little unsure what we want to do, with a section of 1 closed right now our plan may be to go visit Big Sur for the day and then have to drive back north and around to get to Pasa Robles instead of staying somewhere on the PCH. Then get back on track the next day and head to Santa Barbara.

I decided to take a break on planning, and then get back at it later this week as I have paretty busy Monday ahead.

Good news: I ran today. It was my first day after 8.5 weeks off. It was slow and short. I was only allowed 30 minutes and that was doing intervals that were 2 minutes running and 3 minutes walking. It was a start though. I still have two more injections to go. Yes my knee still hurt but was not painful that I was doing damage. I don’t think my knee will ever not hurt.

Bad news: the plan was not to run till after the cruise that was to be this coming Thursday. Well that is being rescheduled. Mom was supposed to move to assisted living this past Friday. This would give us time to get her settled and then head out on Wednesday night. Well they told us late on Wednesday night that mom had a UTI that required 7 days of IV antibiotics and she will be released from rehab now on Thursday Feb 29. the day we were supposed to get on our trip. So we are trying to move it a month.

whisky decided to play with another dog in the mud pit so she got a bath today.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter