The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

@garneska
You bad horrible , evil , not so nice Mommy. After putting that poor sweet little girl in JAIL no sooner is she home and you want to put her in SOLITARY CONFINEMENT. of yourself. After a week of galavanting across the globe enjoying the High Life in Europe You should be ashamed of how you are treating her.
I just hope that if she meets up with the Savage Sisters in January she doesn' t come begging for ASYLUM.

@ Bana Ed
I told you to be careful and evenly distribute the weight.
View attachment 790995

You won't catch me leaving Delaware PERIOD, Mike. Haha :drive:

But in researching the NUTRIONAL data of said scrapple, I see that there is a "healthy" version available made with turkey rather than the traditional "other white meat", pork.

How do the two compare taste-wise?

Love, Ed

I've stated this before but I believe it would do to mention it again. I love scrapple!
Please continue with the show.

Well, Don, you live in Florida now but you came from "up there" so I see what you're doing. 👀

Please don't encourage Mike (as if he needs it). :scared:

Mike, remember you have your cholesterol level to think about so give the turkey option some more consideration. Might want to switch over to decaf in the mornings from now on too. :surfweb:

Ed

Well, Don, you live in Florida now but you came from "up there" so I see what you're doing. 👀

Please don't encourage Mike (as if he needs it). :scared:

Mike, remember you have your cholesterol level to think about so give the turkey option some more consideration. Might want to switch over to decaf in the mornings from now on too. :surfweb:

Ed
Actually my favorite was the scrapple my grandmother made and she's from down here. I actually always thought it was a southern thing because of it. 🤔

Actually my favorite was the scrapple my grandmother made and she's from down here. I actually always thought it was a southern thing because of it. 🤔

There are other southern "proteins" one can stir into scrapple in place of pork but I would blush in listing them. I guess that's what the Yanks from the Eastern Seabord do. They throw the kitchen/backyard leftovers or plentiful veggies/mush into dishes to try to use things up.

Lord knows I've have more Polish pierogies pushed at me. For those that don't know, pierogies are a pastry with a filling like a ravioli but instead of a tomato sauce (with a hint of meat) it's more often a potato filling, cheese, spinach or god bless me some meat of any kind. But usually pierogies are meat free (no expensive stuff) meaning their filling uses abundant easily available cheap stuff. Hey, it's my heritage.

Ed

PS - hey Don, your Grandma probably stirred in some maple syrup or honey. "🎶A spoonful of sugar helps . . . 🎶"

Last edited:
You won't catch me leaving Delaware PERIOD, Mike. Haha :drive:

But in researching the NUTRIONAL data of said scrapple, I see that there is a "healthy" version available made with turkey rather than the traditional "other white meat", pork.

How do the two compare taste-wise?

Love, Ed

:crazy2: blasphemy. You dont dont look up nutrition info on such things Ed, thats like looking up whats in a hot dog. The correct thing to do is just eat it and dont question its goodness or where ot came from...ever.....:smooth:

Ed, by SOUTHERN PROTIEN , I assume you are referring to such delicacies as Mountain Oysters or Chicken Gizzards. Likewise by Kitchen/Backyard leftovers you mean Okra, Turnip Greens, and Green Tomato. Not judging, just seeking clarification.
As to you suggestions about watching my cholesterol, trust me I am good. Fish and Oatmeal have my Dr. in awe. As for coffee you forget I am a recovering member of the Law Enforcement community and a member of the Friends of Bill W. Club for more than 35. If I ever need a transfusion just grab the nearest pot of Folgers , Maxwell House , Chock Full of Nuts , But I am very much prefer YUBAN.

PS Eating Turkey Scrapple is akin to going to PETER LUGER'S STEAKHOUSE and asking for an IMPOSSIBLE BURGER

Last edited:
@bama_ed Most of the south the southern breakfast proteins I learned about are pork based in most offerings and usually coated in some heavy cream... This is growing up as a LI kid that though everywhere you went in the country ate bagels with cream cheese, buttered rolls, and knew that a bacon, egg and cheese should always be on a fresh soft roll, not some day old rock hard bun or toast.

Having grown up with a traditional Polish grandmother I can tell you that no pierogies should ever have meat in them, mostly because they would spoil. Also they where a staple of the depression era. The potato and onion filling was the norm. If your family was fortunate you might add some cheese to the potato and onion filling. Spinach and all that other stuff is pure modern age tinkering. You where super fortunate if you could afford some kielbasa to go with it, which again was super cheap compared to pork and beef. either way, I will gladly chow down that dish semi regularly (though I don't make my own, one day ill break out the family recipe and try it.

My mom’s side of family is polish. Growing up we always had a large family gathering of that side on Christmas Eve… it was Polish food heaven. I love potato pierogi (among other things)!

I loved the day after the PULASKI Society would meet. My old Partner would come in the next with all sorts of goodies. An assortment of two or three types of Pierogi , fresh and smoked Kielbasa , and assorted pastry. An IRISHMAN's Delight

Last edited:
I loved the day after the PULASKI Society would meet. My old Partner come in the next with all sorts of goodies. An assortment of two or three types of Pierogi , fresh and smoked Kielbasa , and assorted pastry. An IRISHMAN's Delight

Alas, I'm half polish and I think pierogis are :crazy2:. Too much like southern dumplings which I don't eat either.

@bama_ed LOL. Thems fighting words for most polish grammas.

@4077 Your family have a version of sausage stew too? used to love holiday gatherings. Even though my father was an only child, it was the apartment building that would have a holiday feast. Tables filled with Peiorgis, potato pancakes (Placki), Poppy seed rolls, Packzi (donuts but nothing like dunkin), Goulash, kielbasa, man it was good.

mmmm, perogies and goulash, there used to be a kiosk at a travel plaza on I-294 near O'Hare airport that had fantastic polish food, pity they had to remove the plaza to widen I-294, that was a go to lunch spot for me (my office was near O'hare)

mmmm, perogies and goulash, there used to be a kiosk at a travel plaza on I-294 near O'Hare airport that had fantastic polish food, pity they had to remove the plaza to widen I-294, that was a go to lunch spot for me (my office was near O'hare)
AHHHH, the O'hare travel plaza, may it rest in delicious peace

This past weekend while my DW was away visiting a friend in Phoenix I took the invite from a friend to join him at the Hershey RV show. I am sure Melissa was happy to hear I did not try to trade up our RV (never would do that without her consent.)

Saw a couple cool things and ideas. one was seeing many manfacturers moving to a manifold system (wish they all would.)

Jayco is now adding in a remote 5gallon water bottle pump with a tap at the sink so the water bottle can stay in storage.

And of course lots and lots of solar being included (kinda like that idea to some degree.)

But I also made it inside and got to say hi to @MrsPAHunter at the FMCA booth. I wasn't sure if she was going to be there that day, and it was great to see her and catch up a little!!

I did buy the upgraded MorRyde Sate-T Rail step railing. After walking in and out of all the new units with them I felt it was worth the investment.

Still have a few more camping trips planned through to November. Then its time to winterize.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter