The DisFort's Chit Chat Cafe

well thanks!

And yes water distribution manifolds for hot and cold. Only ever seen that on DRV level systems. But now saw them on Pinnacles and Alliance Paradigms too.

LOL hope you have a great time down there @team bradfield !!!

Last week I finally got my cupping tires rotated off the front to the inside dual wheels. And then Friday while running a truck required errands the right inside dual started to leak air badly. I can't tell if it blew out or if I hit debris. Truck is at the tire shop now to see if its a repair or replace issue -sigh-

This evening I am going to look at what it would take to change out our current step railing for the new Morryde Safe-T-Rail. Friday is my last race weekend of the season.

700 loop is half full, lots of golf carts for rent up front, DS was tame this afternoon but filled up this evening with the entertainment crowds, HOB for late lunch, gumbo and pulled pork sammich, Epcot tomorrow
@bama_ed were you still scheduled here?

Sorry, no, we cancelled a few months ago. My bad for not letting you know. Ed

EDIT: our upcoming trips are shown down in my signature section. Oh, if you and Meg get a chance to go for a walk and check out 2200 to see if there is any cabin action (removing bottom panels, decks, disconnecting utilities, etc to start the removal process, let us know.

Last edited:

@team bradfield That was how it was in July in the 600 loop! We wondered about if it was just Disney, until I went to Kissimmee for a supply run and the RV parks there where pretty empty. We noticed the same in Daytona Beach area on our way north heading homewhich had me wondering if tourism as a whole is down.

@team bradfield That was how it was in July in the 600 loop! We wondered about if it was just Disney, until I went to Kissimmee for a supply run and the RV parks there where pretty empty. We noticed the same in Daytona Beach area on our way north heading homewhich had me wondering if tourism as a whole is down.
All stops on our way down had vacancies, good sign, campgrounds are easing up

Sorry, no, we cancelled a few months ago. My bad for not letting you know. Ed

EDIT: our upcoming trips are shown down in my signature section. Oh, if you and Meg get a chance to go for a walk and check out 2200 to see if there is any cabin action (removing bottom panels, decks, disconnecting utilities, etc to start the removal process, let us know.
Nothing happening in cabin loops that we saw, 2200 is all quiet, looks 1/2 full

Last edited:
It feels like fall is arriving about now in the south and that means it's time to start operating my trains up in the attic. I had a name for my railroad when we lived up near Birmingham but it was related to a geographic feature related to local railroad history. So I have to come up with a name for my layout in the attic in Titletown and will work on that this fall.

But first thing is to bring in some new acquisitions to my layout - some new, some used, most have a personal connection. The first to arrive was an old fashioned hand car. I have actually used a hand car back in the summer of 2022. It's a workout, though lemme tell ya, especially on even the slightest grade uphill. It was this bright yellow one right here in the middle.

As I perused the secondary market for possible acquisitions, I saw a yellow hand car for sale and put that thing in my online shopping cart as fast as I could.

It's a Bachmann brand Large Scale product and while I mostly have Aristo-Craft rolling and motive stock, I will go to Bachmann as a second choice if AC is not available. In this case, AC never made a hand car.

I started out buying and running steam locomotives and passenger coaches but have branched into diesel locomotives and freight/reefer cars. Much of the AC product is available in the green/yellow/white Southern Railroad so I get that when I can. I had a small Southern diesel already but picked up a 'like new' bigger RS-3 in Southern colors and can't wait to see it going.

And the most recent arrival to my train layout is a 'Heavyweight Combo Car". These are cars in the passenger train times of the 20s-40s and came in a coach configuration (seating), observation (coach car but with a platform on one end as the last car in the consist), diner, RPO (rolling post office), and a combo (baggage section on one end and passenger seating on the other end). I already had a complete set of these in Southern green but I saw this combo for sale and had to have it. And you'll see why.

Did ya see the name on the combo?

As a Tide fan and a railroad guy, how could I NOT have this as a part of the collection? :worship: The combo I already had had a 'Rufus Somebody-or-other' name on it which I can sell off some time.

More acquisitions are on the way and I have plans to improve the layout so should be a fun operating season.

🛤️ ED 🚂

Last edited:
Looks good ED! I just fulfilled a big one on my bucket list yesterday. I'm a huge fan of Henry Flagler, his Florida East Coast Railroad, and the overseas highway. Got to look, see and play in #91, Flagler's private coach.
20231008_145050.jpg
Resized_1000002240_49875107343316.jpeg
Resized_1000002241_49884703352062.jpeg
Resized_1000002248_50024200640186.jpeg
Resized_1000002247_50017024260502.jpeg
This was pretty cool. Big shower.
Resized_1000002243_49948270631674.jpeg
Guest or servents quarters. With 4 pull down Pullman beds.
Resized_1000002244_49977580302183.jpeg
Resized_1000002242_49939928125844.jpeg

Attachments

• Resized_1000002244_49977580302183.jpeg
    Resized_1000002244_49977580302183.jpeg
    45.2 KB · Views: 2
Love your train collection. Our parents & Arnold worked for Railway Express before the went under. We could ride the train free. Congratulations on Alabama's win Saturday, proud of our Aggies! I know Arnold (Grumpy Aggie )was hollering from Heaven.

Gloria, I only have one REA piece in my collection but if you say Arnold worked there TOO, why, I need to get more. I have a reefer/boxcar (can't remember) but there are many other pieces available that I can get in the REA paint scheme.

I was grateful for the win this weekend in College Station. Knowing how the crowd noise upset our offensive line for all those penalties, it must be quite a loud place on gameday. And hey, I think that A&M backup quarterback that had to start against us is pretty good. I was glad to get out of there with a win.

ED

Sunday was Cirque du Solei
20231008_131553.jpg
Dinner at Wolfgang Puck, awesome

Monday pretty crowded with the holiday, breakfast at steak 71 then went to Epcot, MS, SE and Land boat trip, ratatouille and GOTG broke down all day, TT was north of 100 mins all day, got back to FW and our loop really cleared out

Off to AK today

It feels like fall is arriving about now in the south and that means it's time to start operating my trains up in the attic. I had a name for my railroad when we lived up near Birmingham but it was related to a geographic feature related to local railroad history. So I have to come up with a name for my layout in the attic in Titletown and will work on that this fall.

But first thing is to bring in some new acquisitions to my layout - some new, some used, most have a personal connection. The first to arrive was an old fashioned hand car. I have actually used a hand car back in the summer of 2022. It's a workout, though lemme tell ya, especially on even the slightest grade uphill. It was this bright yellow one right here in the middle.

As I perused the secondary market for possible acquisitions, I saw a yellow hand car for sale and put that thing in my online shopping cart as fast as I could.

It's a Bachmann brand Large Scale product and while I mostly have Aristo-Craft rolling and motive stock, I will go to Bachmann as a second choice if AC is not available. In this case, AC never made a hand car.

I started out buying and running steam locomotives and passenger coaches but have branched into diesel locomotives and freight/reefer cars. Much of the AC product is available in the green/yellow/white Southern Railroad so I get that when I can. I had a small Southern diesel already but picked up a 'like new' bigger RS-3 in Southern colors and can't wait to see it going.

And the most recent arrival to my train layout is a 'Heavyweight Combo Car". These are cars in the passenger train times of the 20s-40s and came in a coach configuration (seating), observation (coach car but with a platform on one end as the last car in the consist), diner, RPO (rolling post office), and a combo (baggage section on one end and passenger seating on the other end). I already had a complete set of these in Southern green but I saw this combo for sale and had to have it. And you'll see why.

Did ya see the name on the combo?

As a Tide fan and a railroad guy, how could I NOT have this as a part of the collection? :worship: The combo I already had had a 'Rufus Somebody-or-other' name on it which I can sell off some time.

More acquisitions are on the way and I have plans to improve the layout so should be a fun operating season.

🛤️ ED 🚂
Of you really want to get crazy, add some beep people sitting in the train. I dont do it as mine is strictly toys , but in yours it would look good. If you need any more help spending your $$$$$ just ask!:duck:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter